The Official HBCU Thread

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Lol Hampton left the meac last year

Savannah State leaving this year, but they’re going to a division 2 hbcu conference
Damn, SSU leaving us too?

Girl I was fooling with at work went there, and got me to come out to their homecoming 2 years ago. It was aight. The school being in Savannah is a plus, though

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Damn, SSU leaving us too?

Girl I was fooling with at work went there, and got me to come out to their homecoming 2 years ago. It was aight. The school being in Savannah is a plus, though

Yea I think they couldnt afford to be a D1 school anymore. They're going back to the SIAC to play Tuskegee, Miles, Albany State, Fort Valley, Morehouse, Clark ATL and Kentucky State every year. They should have never left them in the first place

I play the trumpet

I dont think ive ever watched a Hampton clip. Gotta check yall out.
So we reupping this thread in the fall for band heads:Nowords:

Any of yall down for meet ups:Nowords:

I know it's a few of us swac band alumni on here:Nowords:

former Bama State trombone player here :wow:

aint nothing like marching in the SWAC..going against SU, JSU, TxSU, Alcorn and the others every year. Id be bored to death marching in the MEAC. Most of their bands small and the schools are so spread out that they dont even go to half the games

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Yea I think they couldnt afford to be a D1 school anymore. They're going back to the SIAC to play Tuskegee, Miles, Albany State, Fort Valley, Morehouse, Clark ATL and Kentucky State every year. They should have never left them in the first place

I dont think ive ever watched a Hampton clip. Gotta check yall out.

former Bama State trombone player here :wow:

aint nothing like marching in the SWAC..going against SU, JSU, TxSU, Alcorn and the others every year. Id be bored to death marching in the MEAC. Most of their bands small and the schools are so spread out that they dont even go to half the games
Sonic Boom vs bethune in Atlanta this year. You going?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
SU gone demolish them dudes:mjlol:

Facts
FAMU ain’t been FAMU since 05

I remember we had to go to Tallahassee in 08 to play them. It was either the 1st or 2nd game of the year & it was hot as fukk.

They had like 300 folks & they sounded good, but they were sloppy as hell during halftime. Half the folks didn’t know the drill or dance routine.

We went against Cookman that year. They are the cleanest band I’ve ever heard but they were boring as hell.

SU always been monsters of course but on god Jackson State was the loudest band I’ve sat across from :whew:

Gave us a clean L in 08 :mjlol:

Theolodius_Black

Daps
Reppin
Facts
FAMU ain’t been FAMU since 05

I remember we had to go to Tallahassee in 08 to play them. It was either the 1st or 2nd game of the year & it was hot as fukk.

They had like 300 folks & they sounded good, but they were sloppy as hell during halftime. Half the folks didn’t know the drill or dance routine.

We went against Cookman that year. They are the cleanest band I’ve ever heard but they were boring as hell.

SU always been monsters of course but on god Jackson State was the loudest band I’ve sat across from :whew:

Gave us a clean L in 08 :mjlol:
08 or 06? Cuz me and you talked about 06 before when i was in the Boom and we met on the coast. Yall boys was busy in 08:picard:

That's a lot of damn traveling:picard:

And we had that hall of fame shyt on top of all that that year

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
08 or 06? Cuz me and you talked about 06 before when i was in the Boom and we met on the coast. Yall boys was busy in 08:picard:

That's a lot of damn traveling:picard:

And we had that hall of fame shyt on top of all that that year

08 was a dream season if you are a band head.

We went against Cookman, FAMU, SU, JSU & the other swac schools that year.

We got y’all in Atlanta at the HOF BOTB, but I can’t remember if it was 08 or 06 when we played y’all in Mobile and got stomped. Might have been 06 like you said

I just read on another message board that Haymer is going to TxSU this season :gladbron:

They bout to start getting a lot of Louisiana kids again

Theolodius_Black

Daps
Reppin
08 was a dream season if you are a band head.

We went against Cookman, FAMU, SU, JSU & the other swac schools that year.

We got y’all in Atlanta at the HOF BOTB, but I can’t remember if it was 08 or 06 when we played y’all in Mobile and got stomped. Might have been 06 like you said

I just read on another message board that Haymer is going to TxSU this season :gladbron:

They bout to start getting a lot of Louisiana kids again
Are they getting rid of Gip:ohhh:

It was 06 in mobile. That was my freshmen year and we had it in 08 at the HOF up until that got damn freaky girl:whoo:

That shyt was stupid aggressive :whoo:

If TXSU get Haymer:whew:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Are they getting rid of Gip:ohhh:

It was 06 in mobile. That was my freshmen year and we had it in 08 at the HOF up until that got damn freaky girl:whoo:

That shyt was stupid aggressive :whoo:

If TXSU get Haymer:whew:

Nah they saying he’s just going to be an associate. I don’t think the TxSU alum will ever allow Haymer to be head director. They’re too proud to have anyone other than a Ocean alum to be leading them.

Haymer should have gone to small school like Fort Valley or something

Theolodius_Black

Daps
Reppin
Nah they saying he’s just going to be an associate. I don’t think the TxSU alum will ever allow Haymer to be head director. They’re too proud to have anyone other than a Ocean alum to be leading them.

Haymer should have gone to small school like Fort Valley or something
Gip an Alcornite though but i see what you're saying