The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That being said, will dreamed that cliff shyt or however they explain it. But it didn't happen.

Nah I disagree breh.

Will knows he can't live a normal life, just last episode he was talking about having visions of killing his wife. Then later in the same ep he set up Chilton to be killed. Dude is too far gone into the serial killer game.

And Hannibal is well....Hannibal.

Will tried to kill them both

As far as them being dead though....whether or not Fuller intended it :manny: but things are not unfolding in a way that makes me optimistic for more "Hannibal". Fuller has "American Gods" for who knows how long, Hugh Dancy (Will) just got a series with Aaron Paul on Hulu, Mads Mikkleson got a part in "Star Wars: Rogue One" and possibly "Dr. Strange", Lawrence Fishburne is in the "Roots" remake, Gillian Anderson is in "The X-Files", etc.

Not saying it's impossible but at the very least it'll be a long, long time before we see more of these characters.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the last 5 mins with the music and the ending and credit scene

slow-clap-gif.gif

if this is truly the end....chisel the name hannibal on the all time great list

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The more I think about it I'm like 99% certain Will contacted Dollarhyde after he met with Jack/Alana. Which is why he didn't tell them he met him, he wanted it to go wrong.
Sets up the "fake escape", then calls Dollarhyde and tells him to intercept them. That also explained why Will was standing there like :sas1: when Dollarhyde shot Hannibal and came through the window.

Hannibal knew this too, which is why he asked if Will planned on watching Dollarhyde kill him. That's why Hannibal said "my compassion for you is inconvenient", he knew he'd let himself get set up. But then he was like :manny: "save yourself, kill them all" because that is what he teaches. But Will basically told him "I might die with you" then Hannibal quoted John 15:13.

So many levels. :wow:

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah I disagree breh.

Will knows he can't live a normal life, just last episode he was talking about having visions of killing his wife. Then later in the same ep he set up Chilton to be killed. Dude is too far gone into the serial killer game.

And Hannibal is well....Hannibal.

Will tried to kill them both

As far as them being dead though....whether or not Fuller intended it :manny: but things are not unfolding in a way that makes me optimistic for more "Hannibal". Fuller has "American Gods" for who knows how long, Hugh Dancy (Will) just got a series with Aaron Paul on Hulu, Mads Mikkleson got a part in "Star Wars: Rogue One" and possibly "Dr. Strange", Lawrence Fishburne is in the "Roots" remake, Gillian Anderson is in "The X-Files", etc.

Not saying it's impossible but at the very least it'll be a long, long time before we see more of these characters.

Fred.
my point was.... fuller was shopping a season 4...

realize tv shows are taped in advance.. so knowing his ending, he still shopped the fourth season... meaning those characters weren't dead... unless they planned on continuing without hannibal

now if we talking "in my brain" well yes... you can accept that as the end (knowing it won't come back)

i just take it as... lord god who art in heaven, please let us get that fourth season... so i take everything as...... to be continued

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
my point was.... fuller was shopping a season 4...

realize tv shows are taped in advance.. so knowing his ending, he still shopped the fourth season... meaning those characters weren't dead... unless they planned on continuing without hannibal

now if we talking "in my brain" well yes... you can accept that as the end (knowing it won't come back)

i just take it as... lord god who art in heaven, please let us get that fourth season... so i take everything as...... to be continued

I see what you're saying but every season was written as if there wouldn't be another. So this isn't anything new.

For example, if season 2 was the series finale, everyone except Hannibal and Bedelia would be dead. That's how it was written, even though he was shopping a season 3. Likewise if it got cancelled after season 1, the story would end with Will forever locked up because Hannibal framed him, even though he was shopping a season 2.

It's kind of a Schrödinger's cat type deal. The characters are stuck in the last situation we seen them in, until they aren't.

So I assume they're both dead. The only thing that makes me :jbhmm: though is the tag at the end, with Bedelia. Although some people say she did that too herself. Which seemed kinda ridiculous to me initially but several scenes this season revolved around how crazy she is. She's basically a more refined less violent Hannibal. Which fits the end even if Hannibal is dead because she's still his "agency" in the world.

I read on another board, some one pointed out the specific mention of "wearing skin" in the talk between Alana and Chilton. Fuller/Delaurentiiis don't own the rights to "Silence Of The Lambs" but they could do a version of Buffalo Bill with Chilton.

Anyway, this is all speculation.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Sad day brehs

Joy, then immediate sadness

:mjcry:

Episode wasnt the strongest, but the final showdown was a perfect ending

Whole season was amazing. 10/10 overall

This show could have become top 5, it was missing nothing but time

I never thought i would be satisfied with a movie, but I need something else. Even if its only two more hours

Fakkit ass NBC doesnt DESERVE to get this ending

fukk NBC and fukk Blind Spot and fukk Aquarius and fukk Americas Got Talent and fukk Sunday Night Football

Al Michaels can suck a dikk

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
On that coda at the end with Bedalia

When watching the scene I read it as Hannibal survived and had come for her. The look in her eyes seemed to be one of terror, not of a woman resigned to her fate. Plus the way she grabbed the fork.

Fuller has an interview with Sepinwall over at Hitfix that goes into that as well. With the likelihood that that show won't be back I guess you could take it however you wanted. Yet with the fact that Fuller had another season planned, it does skew a certain way for me.

That final fight seen between Hannibal, Will, Dollarhyde, talk about a triple threat match :whew:. The way it was framed with the blood gushing, dragon wings on Dollarhyde's back as he went after Hannibal, and Will/Hannibal getting the tag-team combo going were all :wow:. Besides the great performances, I believe the other legacy the show will leave is the visual style achieved with every episode. Not just with the gory murders/victims of serial killers, but also the clothing (Hannibal's suit game) and the cooking. Hard to imagine a cooking scene involving human flesh that still has you going :feedme:.

Salute to Chilton being crispy as hell and still talking shyt to Alana as well :lolbron:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City