The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So... we not gonna talk about Bedelia's titty meats in that final coda? shyt was :wow::whew::ohlawd:
tumblr_ntsao71nU81rdvi6fo1_250.gif
tumblr_ntsao71nU81rdvi6fo2_250.gif

:takedat:

We need Hannibal smilies. Hannibal's had enough hungry eyes/:shaq: looks through the series for a few smilies to be taken.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess this officially clears it up. Earlier in the thread I linked to an interview where Fuller said "is it Uncle Robert or David Bowie that has Bedelia?" which I thought was a joke.

I forgot Uncle Robert is a character from "Hannibal Rising", and Fuller actually offered David Bowie the role:

David Bowie Offered Recurring Role on "Hannibal"

Fuller further spoke on this today:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/bryan-fuller-hannibal-finale-campy-sensual.html

How should the viewer read Will and Hannibal falling off the cliff together? Is it a double suicide?

No, I think it’s a murder/suicide. And then of course coming back in and seeing that someone has cut off Bedelia’s leg and is serving it, and she grabs a fork and hides it under her napkin to stab the neck of the person who’s going to come into the room next suggests that either Uncle Robertus and Lady Murasaki are going down Hannibal’s enemies list and checking them off, or that Hannibal may have survived that fall.

So if there's more of the series, Hannibal and/or Will survived. If they didn't, then it's Robert and/or Lady Murasaki (his wife) getting revenge.

Fred.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I guess this officially clears it up. Earlier in the thread I linked to an interview where Fuller said "is it Uncle Robert or David Bowie that has Bedelia?" which I thought was a joke.

I forgot Uncle Robert is a character from "Hannibal Rising", and Fuller actually offered David Bowie the role:

David Bowie Offered Recurring Role on "Hannibal"

Fuller further spoke on this today:

So if there's more of the series, Hannibal and/or Will survived. If they didn't, then it's Robert and/or Lady Murasaki (his wife) getting revenge.

Fred.
That would be ill if lady murasaki and uncle Robert are out getting revenge

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It would have been interesting to see how the TV show would re-imagine Uncle Robert and Lady Murasaki. Especially if they would have been the ones to be dining with Bedelia.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It would have been interesting to see how the TV show would re-imagine Uncle Robert and Lady Murasaki. Especially if they would have been the ones to be dining with Bedelia.

It could still happen breh. I'm not holding my breath but Fuller has season 4 completely mapped out, and an entire version of "Silence Of The Lambs" mapped out, too.

I doubt we'll hear anything for a year if not more, due to schedules though.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I had some issues with this season, namely my feeling that attempts at being artsy ultimately took precedent over telling a great story. But I'll be damned if that wasn't a brilliant ending:wow: I have faith in the cult fanbase that this show has being enough for either a fourth season or film happening in the future.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Interesting side note,I thought thats maybe what they were going to do with will/hannibal but in the book version of Hannibal,clarice and hannibal take off together as a couple.

• Dap

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So I finally watched the finale since the damn redskins pre-empted the show on Saturday but wow. That was intense and very very satisfying. I'd love if they did more but I'm good with what we got. Spectacular hour of tv

• Dap

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
yup they did it, will gets stabbed in the face, of course hannibals alive he has to meet clarice

• Dap

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I've been catching up, got 2 episodes left, but we had a major power outage the Saturday of the finale. :damn:

where can I catch it at?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've been catching up, got 2 episodes left, but we had a major power outage the Saturday of the finale. :damn:

where can I catch it at?

They should all be up in HD on torrent sites.

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hannibal: Bryan Fuller talks season 4, sexual fluidity, and how Will became Clarice Starling

Has anything about the reaction to the finale surprised you?
I was surprised that everybody, or at least a faction of the audience, assumed that Bedelia chopped off her own leg and was cooking it! [laughs] For me, that was: Hannibal survived. The whole point of that tag is to suggest that Hannibal has lived, and there's three place settings at the dinner table, so interpret that how you will.
:francis:

If Hannibal did Silence of the Lambs, Lee Pace would be Buffalo Bill

"I am imagining a parallel structure of Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) in the institution, with a severely scarred Chilton (Raul Esparza), now having returned to his post," he revealed.

"Juxtaposing that, back in the heyday of Hannibal as a psychiatrist - perhaps even earlier than we met him the first time - when he had Benjamin Raspail as a patient, and [we'd] weave that story in and around the modern-day Silence of the Lambs tale as we know it."
"I would love to cast Lee Pace as Buffalo Bill," Fuller said. "His first, most notable, award-winning career move was playing a transgendered person [in 2003's A Soldier's Girl], and I think it would be fascinating to return him to that side of his acting skill."

Fuller has previously revealed that he would love Ellen Page to play Clarice Starling in a Silence of the Lambs adaptation, adding: "I also love the idea of casting somebody who's not white in that role, and having race play a factor in Clarice's background."