The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
He also has an interview on IGN and is pretty blatant on how he sees the ending:

They both survived. There's three plates set up on Bedelia's table. Jack figured Will might betray him but accepted it would mean the death of the dragon, Hannibal and Will. Allana is in trouble.

Hannibal: Bryan Fuller on the Huge Events in the Season 3 Finale and Continued Hopes for the Future - IGN
:leon:He mentioned Starz doing "Silence of the Lambs" pretty nonchalantly there, he must be campaigning heavy over there for them to take over the series...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Brehs, how GOAT was Hannibals cream suit and tie combo at the church?:banderas:

18Tt49s.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Beautiful final scene, just beautiful :mjcry:

Im really gonna miss this show

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
On that coda at the end with Bedalia

When watching the scene I read it as Hannibal survived and had come for her. The look in her eyes seemed to be one of terror, not of a woman resigned to her fate. Plus the way she grabbed the fork.

Fuller has an interview with Sepinwall over at Hitfix that goes into that as well. With the likelihood that that show won't be back I guess you could take it however you wanted. Yet with the fact that Fuller had another season planned, it does skew a certain way for me.

That final fight seen between Hannibal, Will, Dollarhyde, talk about a triple threat match :whew:. The way it was framed with the blood gushing, dragon wings on Dollarhyde's back as he went after Hannibal, and Will/Hannibal getting the tag-team combo going were all :wow:. Besides the great performances, I believe the other legacy the show will leave is the visual style achieved with every episode. Not just with the gory murders/victims of serial killers, but also the clothing (Hannibal's suit game) and the cooking. Hard to imagine a cooking scene involving human flesh that still has you going :feedme:.

Salute to Chilton being crispy as hell and still talking shyt to Alana as well :lolbron:
Looked like they were going to catch dollarhyde with the dudley deathdrop for minute but went with the sleeper hold and liver shot...

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Fuller has an interview with Sepinwall over at Hitfix that goes into that as well. With the likelihood that that show won't be back I guess you could take it however you wanted. Yet with the fact that Fuller had another season planned, it does skew a certain way for me.

You have to remember Hannibal has been on the edge of cancellation from the beginning. They wrote each season as if it was its last. Fuller had a seven season plan, this was all apart of it. Imagine if it got cancelled after last year's finale. Will, Jack and Alana all near death and Hannibal on a plane with Bedelia.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He also has an interview on IGN and is pretty blatant on how he sees the ending:

They both survived. There's three plates set up on Bedelia's table. Jack figured Will might betray him but accepted it would mean the death of the dragon, Hannibal and Will. Allana is in trouble.

Hannibal: Bryan Fuller on the Huge Events in the Season 3 Finale and Continued Hopes for the Future - IGN

The main beef I have with the finale is you can't say "yeah, the story is over if there's no season 4" but then turn around and say "somebody had Scully captive and is gonna eat her leg".

He could've done the same thing a lot cleaner with just Will and Hannibal go over the cliff, the end. If it's the last we see of these characters, they're dead. If it's not, they survived the fall.

I dunno. It's not a big deal, the series is still all-time great and the finale was spectacular....I'm just don't like "let fans interpret it", for anything.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:leon:He mentioned Starz doing "Silence of the Lambs" pretty nonchalantly there, he must be campaigning heavy over there for them to take over the series...

MGM owns the rights to "Silence Of The Lambs" and any characters that were in it. They seem to be morons because Fuller/Delaurentiis offered them a chance to use this version of Will and Hannibal in their "Clarice" series on Starz in exchange for a chance to use Clarice and MGM was like "no thanks".

It's like....you have "Silence Of The Lambs" but that's literally it. Your entire series has to revolve around Clarice Starling either before she met Hannibal, or while he was incarcerated. The only serial killer you can use is Buffalo Bill. I don't even think they can use Garrett Jacob Hobbs. They definitely can't use any of the Vergers, or people like Francis Dollarhyde.

So I'm :dahell: why they wouldn't want to make a shared universe. "Silence Of The Lambs" holds weight but it's a very finite story. The rest of that universe is owned by Delaurentiis.

Fred.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Part of the endings brilliance is that its open ended...

We don't know if Hannibal and Will are dead...You can't say definitively someone was in the room with Scully or that she was entirely alone...We know she was shooting heroin in Italy and she got severe mental problems...She was crazy paranoid and pissed off when Will told her he was letting Hannibal out and she was definitely on something in that final scene...She could have chopped her leg, cooked it and waited thinking Hannibal and Will are going to show up for her but never did cuz they're dead...

What bothers me is how the heck did she manage to chop her leg off and cook it if that is in fact what happened? They never showed Scully being a culinary genius like Hannibal in any season...Sure she could have learned a few things from him on their travels but I doubt she's skilled enough to amputate her own leg above the knee and cook it like Emeril Lagasse...It doesn't seem plausible, someone had to help her but the way she was acting in the room doesn't definitively imply that someone is there with her in that final scene...All we know for sure is that she is doped up, paranoid, missing a leg and waiting for someone...

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Part of the endings brilliance is that its open ended...

We don't know if Hannibal and Will are dead...You can't say definitively someone was in the room with Scully or that she was entirely alone...We know she was shooting heroin in Italy and she got severe mental problems...She was crazy paranoid and pissed off when Will told her he was letting Hannibal out and she was definitely on something in that final scene...She could have chopped her leg, cooked it and waited thinking Hannibal and Will are going to show up for her but never did cuz they're dead...

What bothers me is how the heck did she manage to chop her leg off and cook it if that is in fact what happened? They never showed Scully being a culinary genius like Hannibal in any season...Sure she could have learned a few things from him on their travels but I doubt she's skilled enough to amputate her own leg above the knee and cook it like Emeril Lagasse...It doesn't seem plausible, someone had to help her but the way she was acting in the room doesn't definitively imply that someone is there with her in that final scene...All we know for sure is that she is doped up, paranoid, missing a leg and waiting for someone...

Don't need spoiler tags any more breh.

Fuller said someone did that to Scully. Which is the problem I have with the ending. They could've left it open like you said but one of the writers even posted the last sentence of the script on Twitter:

So who is "the host"?

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
oh and my take on the ending

will killed himself and hanny

when they first got to the crib i was like why would you get that close to the edge with hanny!? :mindblown:

and ol girl was just waiting for hanny because she knows he always wins. i mean she coulda been hopping around on crutches if we wanna be cereal about how she cooked her own leg :manny:

obviously if they get a 4th season they'll write it around it, but then if thats the case they can write it as mads came back and cooked her leg

edit:
Don't need spoiler tags any more breh.

Fuller said someone did that to Scully. Which is the problem I have with the ending. They could've left it open like you said but one of the writers even posted the last sentence of the script on Twitter:

So who is "the host"?

Fred.

nvm :pachaha:

• Dap