The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermƩ
I'm just going to set sights on pre season testing. At this point I'll watch until Lewis retires and then reevaluate how I feel about FIA sanctioned racing. Modern F1 is clearly all about the spectacle and creating ways to entertain a broader, yet shallower audience, rather than letting the entertainment be the racing formula itself. They need a story, some narrative to capture attention, then they have to find a way to feed that narrative for 20+ races. With the stunts they've pulled over the past 9 months, it's become no better than a bird brained reality show.
I'm feeling the same way right now. Once Lewis leaves I think I'll be done with the sport. It's frustrating having to deal with this shyt in your everyday life and still have to watch it blatantly unfold in something you enjoy.

On the flip side, I hope Ferrari get it right next year. I kept telling people Sainz will be a problem for Leclerc and he proved that in his first year with the team. And with George moving to Merc, there's no more automatic podiums for Max with him only having to worry about Lewis. Hopefully Merc nails the regs, but I still want a close season with at least 3 race winning cars fighting for it. No more pitting on the last lap for FL points because you're a 30+ seconds ahead of the field, much impactful race strategies etc.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I'm feeling the same way right now. Once Lewis leaves I think I'll be done with the sport. It's frustrating having to deal with this shyt in your everyday life and still have to watch it blatantly unfold in something you enjoy.

On the flip side, I hope Ferrari get it right next year. I kept telling people Sainz will be a problem for Leclerc and he proved that in his first year with the team. And with George moving to Merc, there's no more automatic podiums for Max with him only having to worry about Lewis. Hopefully Merc nails the regs, but I still want a close season with at least 3 race winning cars fighting for it. No more pitting on the last lap for FL points because you're a 30+ seconds ahead of the field, much impactful race strategies etc.

THIS.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I will check back in on this thread to see what's going on, but I can't in good faith watch this anymore gents. Make sure to keep it interesting for me.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Canā€™t lose something you didnā€™t actually win. Thatā€™s almost like the bank accidentally dropping 1M in your account and you deciding itā€™s yours to keep.

You can argue whether he won on merit, but he was first across the checkered flag.

Now of course the circumstances behind the double u is certainly suspect

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So me calling Lewis the GOAT over and over and over again means nothing? :childplease:

I'm not one to continue feeling aggrieved after sporting events. Like I said before, Max won. That doesn't take away from Lewis having 7 championships and damn near every record in the book. He'll recover. At his peak it's clear he still that guy, even at almost 37 years old. :myman:
Yeah, I would have been pissed if this would have been Hamiltons first title (like back in 2007 when McLaren fukked up in China), but with 7 titles and over 100 Grand Prix wins it's kind of eh :yeshrug:an 8th title would have been nice, but Lewis is the undisputed goat anyways, and those who understand the sport know that this was a farce, so I'm not going to loose sleep over this :yeshrug: especially since Lewis seemed to be at peace with it too.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I will check back in on this thread to see what's going on, but I can't in good faith watch this anymore gents. Make sure to keep it interesting for me.
:salute:
i stopped watching wrestling when I was 15. Shout out to Bob Backlund
:smugdraper:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Still perplexed at what transpired and I will say this if ever there was a blatant fix this was it. The fact they didn't let backmarkers between Sainz and Max just adds further credence to my assertion.

Same. I feel deflated and itā€™s obvious corruption when you hear the full convo between Horner and Masi.

Horner is one of those pompous English boy pricks too.

I honestly cannot understand how they allowed that action to happen and just walk it off by saying ā€œitā€™s racingā€. Even though itā€™ll be weird for Lewis to win 8 in a court room, I feel itā€™s justice. But hopefully next year he can get 8 purely from track day wins.

I donā€™t know if the decision was ā€œracistā€ as some people have suggested, but they wouldnā€™t have done it if it was the other way around. They wanted Max to win his first for F1 excitement. They invited all these ā€œcelebritiesā€ ā€œlike Donnel Rawlings, Patrick Klivert, Seedorf. Ex City players like Lescott, Richards and others.

Just feels like it was nothing but a corporate event where their boy had to win.

Definitely not watching this shot on Netflix, not getting the game and most certainly about to cop my C220 AMG now

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How so? On what basis are you suggesting the car might have broken down when it actually did cross the line with no issue? You're just being obtuse

They just said what i said... They aren't gonna have it be so the race was only 57 laps. That's what i had been saying. Lewis got screwed but they aren't gonna hand him a trophy.