The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And thatā€™s the second biggest part of this. Red Bull demanded the decision for a favorable finish to the race and received it. Almost every other team, driver and reasonable, knowledgeable fan thinks the decision was ridiculous. If the race ended under safety car or the lapped cars not allowed to overtake the SC then they would have lambasted the FIA, Mercedes, and Hamilton as they have all season except they would have mobilized their rabid fan base (From my personal experience) built mostly of The Dutch, other Europeans, newcomers, clout chasers, Netflix junkies, people who see Max as the only person who could currently beat him, fans tired of Lewis being the best driver in the world, Mercedes haters, fascists, racists, and their page clicks/money/interest in the sport and motorsport media would have most certainly helped drive it to mainstream heights. The sport would be in disrepute for doing something perfectly normal and within the rules. And all we would hear about is how it was spoiled for Lewis/terrible for the sport/unfair to Max despite being Lewis dominant all day.

The most important part of this was said earlier, this is something we deal with every day. Here is Lewis, despite being the greatest driver of his generation, still walking in a space he is still not fully a part of. Unfair decisions are made to his detriment (All season long if youā€™ve been following. Anything short of him being injured or killed on the track was acceptable and it was only his job to avoid it) and while most know it is wrong, many still defend, excuse, or obfuscate those situations to make him look like the villain. But out of the entirety of the whole thing, the expectation is to be classy and not lash out for fear of being further distanced by those who control the narrative. Most of us have walked in Lewisā€™ shoes, but if you havenā€™tā€¦.. youā€™ve seen it happen.

Brothers, donā€™t let them divide us at this time. This is the time where we should be holding Lewis up together because those who make these decisions or side with wrong are at their weakest. They will most definitely not change the results. They will continue to spin their reasoning until their arms are tired. We learn who they really are in these situations, and we learn about ourselves as well.

Still We Riseā€¦..
Well said

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I woke up today, thought about this race and still hit a

what-did-you-say.gif

the fucc did i watch yesterday???

still have no interest in watching f1 again. sucks to have one of your favourite sports ruined for some casual ratings :francis:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I woke up today, thought about this race and still hit a

what-did-you-say.gif

the fucc did i watch yesterday???

still have no interest in watching f1 again. sucks to have one of your favourite sports ruined for some casual ratings :francis:
I actually don't think they did it for the ratings, because this creates all kinds of problems for them. Apart from the damaged reputation of the sport, they have the Mercedes complaint, a rsce director which they can't possibly continue to employ, and there is also the risk of legal cases. For example, if your a bookmaker or placed a bet, you can sue and say the race was fixed. There is already a large bookmaker in the UK who said they are going to pay out on both Hamilton and Verstappen winning.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually don't think they did it for the ratings, because this creates all kinds of problems for them. Apart from the damaged reputation of the sport, they have the Mercedes complaint, a rsce director which they can't possibly continue to employ, and there is also the risk of legal cases. For example, if your a bookmaker or placed a bet, you can sue and say the race was fixed. There is already a large bookmaker in the UK who said they are going to pay out on both Hamilton and Verstappen winning.
Yeah Paddy power has been mocking it as a farce, as well they should

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
I've never left watching a so-called sporting event with such a bitter taste before, and I've been to Wembley and watched my shyt team lose 5-0 in the Fa cup lol

Awful advert for F1 with all those new eyes on it. If you're Looking at it from a sports fan perspective.

I'll not insult darts again because that has way more sporting integrity than the bollocks I witnessed yesterday :mjlol:

Last edited:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Late to the party. Just caught the re-air now since i couldnt watch it live. Avoided all spoilers, Stayed off of internet and TV all of Sunday and didnt talk to anyone, so had no idea who won...

WOW.

WOW.

WOWWW. They did the boy F-I-L-T-H-Y. He never had a chance.
:dwillhuh:I cant believe that shyt just happened. They deadass snatched a F1 World championship right out of Lewis' hands with a lap to go. I dont think ive ever seen anything like it. WTF is this sport?

Last edited:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I actually needed ASMR to sleep last night and when I woke up and even now, my heart is still pounding at the injustice that happened. Lewis took it well and feel the reason he did is because he understands them cacs just don't want him to win which will make him comeback stronger, which is what I envision his Dad was telling him after thr race. Noticed Anthony had a mask covering his mouth and prolly didn't want what he was saying to be seen.

Regardless the race was a clear fix!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just want you to see that way cacs have closed ranks around this robbery.

I refuse to be objective about any of these situations going forward. As far as I am concerned this was an orchestration.

People stood up and said, "hey, it's OK to rob Lewis cause Max deserved it and it was time for a change"

No way in hell would they have done this to Vettel or Schumacher.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avoided this thread yesterday as I just didn't have the words. This one hurts. Lewis didn't put a foot wrong out there yesterday. Perfect launch, looked after the tyres, still putting in good laps on those old as fukk hards when Max had pitted the first time

And the casuals with the "let them race" bullshyt seem to miss the point that Max was on FRESH SOFTS and Lewis was on 40+ lap hards. Keep watching that last overtake thinking could he have defended better but once again it's a classic max late lunge knowing full well Lewis would back out of any contact because if they both crash he still wins

This shyt stinks. Rumours merc are not gonna appeal to the court of arbitration but I hope they do as this was daylight robbery

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I refuse to be objective about any of these situations going forward. As far as I am concerned this was an orchestration.

People stood up and said, "hey, it's OK to rob Lewis cause Max deserved it and it was time for a change"

Exactly. This is what I can't get on board with. EVERYONE pretty much universally agrees this was a bullshyt decision but the justification is it's OK because it ushers in the next generation of drivers and a changing of the guard. When the fukk was a SPORT ever decided on that basis

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In Germany, most experts, who largely favoured Verstappen throughout the season, but soured on him in the last couple of races because of his overly agressive driving, consider yesterdays decision a farce. Ralf Schumacher and Timo Glock were diplomatic and called the decision "unusual" during the broadcast, but the editors of Germanies largest motorsport magazine were completely pissed in their post race stream and called it an embarassing finsih to an epic season. One of them said, Liberty Media turned F1 into wrestling yesterday.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And kudos to that man for going onto the podium and even congratulating max because best believe if that was me I'd be nowhere near that shyt and if I was I'd be cussing out EVERYONE. Horner, Max, the FIA, Massi

Remember last week when Max lost and disappeared, noone said a fukking word

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't follow the sport really so one thing one of y'all needs to explain to me is this: how can you be mad that this guy only won because he had the faster car/better tires in the last lap when the outcome of pretty much every race and every championship is determined by who has the faster car/better engine? :dwillhuh:

Like, how can you feel pride for a guy winning all these championships that way but then feel he was robbed because he had a worse car in the final lap of this one? Doesn't that invalidate the entire sport? Doesn't it show that they should just have all drivers drive in the same car?:hubie: