The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk him, I don't wish evil on anyone. But if I here he is gone tomorrow I won't care.

i would celebrate. I cannot stand his constant whining.
I wish Lewis could bytch and talk shyt the same way max and his daddy have been the last few weeks.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
He's right. But people (Max fans) are going to say he's kissing ass since he's going to Merc next year...
This is a scripted pantomime spectacle that unfortunately Mercedesā€™ is also complicit. After the years of ecclestone mismanagement the sport is at its zenith in terms of global exposure. The way the race played out is representative. Itā€™s just a shame for the diehard fans who appreciate the artistry and the science who are basically being shat upon and disrespected because they believe there is some integrity.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone break down what happened for me?

I know nothing about f1 rules

Just happened to flip the channel and saw the fallout
Latifi crashed and they had to deploy the safety car five laps before the end of the race. Max pitted and got fresh tires, Lewis didn't because the safety car came out when he had just went past the pit entry. It took them three laps to clean up the mess, so they had two laps to go. The rules say that in case of a safety car, lapped cars must unlap themselves, which means that Verstappen would have been right behind Hamilton and on fresher tires, it was clear that he would overtake Hamilton easily. The race director decided that lapped cars would not unlap themselves, which would have meant that they would have been a buffer between Hamilton and Verstappen, so Lewis would have probably won, because one lap wouldn't have been enough for Verstappen to catch up. Red Bull complained, so the race director reverted his decision and allowed the lapped cars to unlap themselves. However, they restarted the race before the lapped cars caught up with the pack, which is not in the spirit of the rules. But if they had waited for them to catch up, the race would have ended behind the safety car, which they probably wanted to avoid so Red Bull couldn't claim they gifted Lewis the championship. All in all, Latifi crashed at the worst possible time and put the race director in an impossible Position, because no matter his decision, one team would have claimed he cost them the championship:yeshrug: