The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Latifi crashed and they had to deploy the safety car five laps before the end of the race. Max pitted and got fresh tires, Lewis didn't because the safety car came out when he had just went past the pit entry. It took them three laps to clean up the mess, so they had two laps to go. The rules say that in case of a safety car, lapped cars must unlap themselves, which means that Verstappen would have been right behind Hamilton and on fresher tires, it was clear that he would overtake Hamilton easily. The race director decided that lapped cars would not unlap themselves, which would have meant that they would have been a buffer between Hamilton and Verstappen, so Lewis would have probably won, because one lap wouldn't have been enough for Verstappen to catch up. Red Bull complained, so the race director reverted his decision and allowed the lapped cars to unlap themselves. However, they restarted the race before the lapped cars caught up with the pack, which is not in the spirit of the rules. But if they had waited for them to catch up, the race would have ended behind the safety car, which they probably wanted to avoid so Red Bull couldn't claim they gifted Lewis the championship. All in all, Latifi crashed at the worst possible time and put the race director in an impossible Position, because no matter his decision, one team would have claimed he cost them the championship:yeshrug:
Good summary

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Damon Hill looks about as mad as we are, he can barely get the words out
full
. Looks like he's ready to swing on somebody.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I can say corrupt and bias

If it was a fair win we can all accept it, but a man was robbed after dominating a whole race with ease
Thats my only issue
Unlike the others here i dont hate Max or Horner and Wouldve been disappointed but perfectly fjne (and happy for Max getting his first)

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hilariously, only the cars between Merc and Redbull were allowed to unlap. Can you say scripted?
Exactly if there spirit of the law was followed and lewis lost.
Controversy yea sure
Grounds for saying it was scripted or even can go to court of arbitration. Nah.

this is a classic letā€™s bend the rules for the bottom line I wanna say for max but I want to try and make my point as in bias as possible

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Crofty has just said Mercedes will be lodging appeals. I don't see how the FIA get out of this. Rules clearly weren't followed

Rules are literally clear as day regarding this situation too. Thatā€™s the most frustrating part. Why have rules if youā€™re going to completely ignore them.

Masi shouldā€™ve just immediately red flagged the race if he wanted racing so bad. What a dumbass.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Exactly if there spirit of the law was followed and lewis lost.
Controversy yea sure
Grounds for saying it was scripted or even can go to court of arbitration. Nah.

this is a classic letā€™s bend the rules for the bottom line I wanna say for max but I want to try and make my point as in bias as possible
You can keep the bias out of it, absolutely. Let's say it wasn't for Max, then it was purely for the show. Last lap battle for the championship? That's entertainment gold.