The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Do you brehs think VB will play his part to help bring home the two titles before leaving, or will he go rogue?

Great question. This entire "sign with another team while your on another team" is an interesting dynamic. I don't think any other sport has this. It's a huge source of tension in the garage. Seb was to the point where they wouldn't even answer him over the radio with Ferrari.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Great question. This entire "sign with another team while your on another team" is an interesting dynamic. I don't think any other sport has this. It's a huge source of tension in the garage. Seb was to the point where they wouldn't even answer him over the radio with Ferrari.
Itā€™s common over there

Soccer has the same thing .

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Sh-it, soccer will "loan" players to another team. Another thing that's unheard of in most sports.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Do you brehs think VB will play his part to help bring home the two titles before leaving, or will he go rogue?

he doesnā€™t have a choice. MB and Lewis made him more of a household name in F1 than any other team would have.

Just standing next to Lewis will guarantee you get some of his runoff.

Itā€™s on Bottas if he chose to do something with it and he got a fresh deal out of it. But when youā€™re playing second fiddle to the GOAT thereā€™s not much you can do. Pretty sure folks were in his eat and said to go elsewhere. I wish him the best.

Daps
He would be benched in favour of their reserve drivers if he even entertained the idea of going rogue, I'd imagine. There's really very little for him to achieve in doing so.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He never has. He just competes but he just has never been as good as Lewis.

Valterri is a good guy, and he will listen to his team.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He never has. He just competes but he just has never been as good as Lewis.

Valterri is a good guy, and he will listen to his team.
He didnā€™t listen last race by taking the fastest lap against orders

Daps

Fortunately, I think Lewis took fastest lap and the point with his last lap. I would imagine that Valterri would've been reminded of his obligations to the team, and I'd hope that would put a line under the matter.

I'd imagine that he was just beltingly fast with very low fuel, and new softs, and even backing off around the last sector wasn't enough for him to deny himself setting fastest lap at that point. Or at least that's what I'm hoping, anyhow.

He's always struck me as a willing servant, and not a disruptor.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cause it was a stupid request, when cars are on their lightest fuel two laps before the end of the race.
It's funny, I can't see any racing driver worth his salt not doing what Bottas did. It wasn't his fault, it was Mercedes, who had made a mess of strategy all day, messing up again trying to get the FL point.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fortunately, I think Lewis took fastest lap and the point with his last lap. I would imagine that Valterri would've been reminded of his obligations to the team, and I'd hope that would put a line under the matter.

I'd imagine that he was just beltingly fast with very low fuel, and new softs, and even backing off around the last sector wasn't enough for him to deny himself setting fastest lap at that point. Or at least that's what I'm hoping, anyhow.

He's always struck me as a willing servant, and not a disruptor.

He has always been. He has also always competed fairly. We laugh at him for asking for alternate strategies etc, but as a competitor you try what you can without crossing the line. He has always shown a massive amount of respect for Lewis and that has always been reciprocated.

Label Bottas with a lot of things, but he has never 'gone rogue' or done shyt like crash his car while leading in Monaco.