The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The result lined up pretty well with expectations IMO. Red Bull had a clear pace advantage in the practice long runs.

Mercedes should be able to do some damage at Monza though. Definitely need to take advantage.
Yeah, Merc should 1-2 Monza. But the other tracks they probably aren't favoured

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mercedes trouble with their strategy is shining through more and more. They're too stuck on trying to make miracles in narrow windows that they keep backing themselves into fukked up corners. Stratrgy has become a lot more jumpy now that they don't have the fastest car for Lewis to bail them out.
They actually have to think now and not pray for Lewis to bail them out. They are being found wanting.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I guess Russell really is coming to Merc next season.
Yeah that's a done deal. Bottas to Alfa, George to Mercedes.

Albon to Williams is still not done because Toto doesn't want a Red Bull driver knowing detail of Mercedes engine. Red Bull is pushing for Albon to get a seat because of thier Thai owners but not sure how that's going to work out if they have to release him :yeshrug:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Yeah that's a done deal. Bottas to Alfa, George to Mercedes.

Albon to Williams is still not done because Toto doesn't want a Red Bull driver knowing detail of Mercedes engine. Red Bull is pushing for Albon to get a seat because of thier Thai owners but not sure how that's going to work out if they have to release him :yeshrug:

I still think it's wild as hell that another team can control who another team picks for their driver, like Ferrari gets a seat for Alfa, but it's extra nuts when Merc has a drive with Lewis who is trying to champion diversity and his boss is outright stopping it.

I also thought it was super funny that they came onto the radio to Bottas and tried to stern voice him into slowing down when they're kicking him to the curb next year......and this is a year after they tried to play hardball when negotiating with Lewis.

ALSO, I went over to reddit because it's just fun laughing at some of the takes there, but they REALLY dislike any non-white driver. They're over there spicy as hell because Perez won driver of the day like Max and a whole bunch of other drivers haven't won DOTD by just finishing in 3rd and doing nothing all race. They want Gasly because he finished where he qualified, but Perez would've probably gotten as high as 6th if Lando didn't try to run him off the road. It's hilarious.