The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Russell to Merc, confirmed.
Say what yall want, I'm happy for the kid. That's a dream come true.

E-o82c6XMAExw1v

He's got 2 years of school left. Hamilton University starts now. :banderas:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Do you brehs think VB will play his part to help bring home the two titles before leaving, or will he go rogue?

This might sounds nuts, but I think he's going to figure out a way to help Lewis win a championship yet still not help Merc win the constructors out of spite. He could 100% pull a stalling tactic during the race that helps Lewis, but sacrifices his points in the end. They purposely left him hanging for years and I think he made a point of leaving all Merc influence by choosing Alfa over Williams.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He would be wise to memorize Hams telemetry data
I suspect there will be a lot of data sharing during testing. The 2022 cars are nothing like today's cars outside of the power units. All new chassis, suspension, aero, and the tires will be a good bit different as well. It's going to put all of the drivers and engineers to the test.

The only reasonable guess I have about next year is that Mercedes, Red Bull, and Ferrari should be best prepared to go for #1. Other than that...:yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I thought I read somewhere that nobody was buying tickets in Italy except Dutch fans but on F1 website they only have 3 day passes for sale and for 4k :picard:

image-2021-09-07-223528.png
They might be sold out then if that's the case. I thought about treating myself to a Paddock Pass for Austin but decided I didn't like myself quite that much when I seen the price.

Daps
Seems like a lot of people are hoping for a repeat of the Lewis - Fernando season, obviously with the roles reversed on Lewis. I just hope that the team has learned from that season, and establishes a clear hierarchy, and clearly has a master / apprentice relationship between the two drivers.

I really like Fernando, but that season was a fukking disaster, and doesn't reflect well on the team, nor probably him either.

Whilst I'm sure that everyone wants a strong No 2 alongside Lewis, and definitely would want competitive racing, Lewis is still the clear No 1 driver, and needs to be viewed as such.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I suspect there will be a lot of data sharing during testing. The 2022 cars are nothing like today's cars outside of the power units. All new chassis, suspension, aero, and the tires will be a good bit different as well. It's going to put all of the drivers and engineers to the test.

The only reasonable guess I have about next year is that Mercedes, Red Bull, and Ferrari should be best prepared to go for #1. Other than that...:yeshrug:
I am actually tipping Ferrari to ace things next year, but if it's racing and the cars can follow, it's hard to look past Hamilton and Max.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like a lot of people are hoping for a repeat of the Lewis - Fernando season, obviously with the roles reversed on Lewis. I just hope that the team has learned from that season, and establishes a clear hierarchy, and clearly has a master / apprentice relationship between the two drivers.

I really like Fernando, but that season was a fukking disaster, and doesn't reflect well on the team, nor probably him either.

Whilst I'm sure that everyone wants a strong No 2 alongside Lewis, and definitely would want competitive racing, Lewis is still the clear No 1 driver, and needs to be viewed as such.
Unless you have a Leclerc - Vettel situation.

Lewis is evergreen, but the dropoff has to happen sooner or later.

Daps
Unless you have a Leclerc - Vettel situation.

Lewis is evergreen, but the dropoff has to happen sooner or later.

Vettel's 2019 season is mad, upon reflection. Just an all-out shytshow. Seemed like everything that could go bad actually did go bad, and a lot of it down to him.