Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neymar stretchered off in tears after a rough challenge....looks like a bad ankle sprain. PSG officially finished in the CL.
vlcsnap-2018-02-25-22w1pxh.png

Daps
Yooo if Neymar’s injury is serious there goes Brazil’s World Cup chances. :francis:Please God let it just be a regular degular ankle sprain. :sadcam:

I didn’t think they could win maybe reach the semi final but if Neymar is out then they ain’t beating Belgium in the quarterfinals hell maybe Mexico in the round of 16 could do an upset. fukk!!!! :sadbron:

Belgium :mjlol:

Mexico :mjlol:

Brazil's problem isn't their attack. It is the defense. :stopitslime:

Daps
It would be an adjustment, but I think there’s too many quality attacking players to pick from for that to be a dagger to our hopes. You have guys like Jonas and Willian Jose that are killers and are putting up great numbers in their respective leagues, but aren’t even close to a roster spot because the team is that deep.

And even if it’s serious, unless he tore his Achilles, he’ll probably be back with plenty of time to spare before mid-June.

Coutinho-Firmino/Jesus-Willian is still a great front 3

This is taken from Tite's press conference by the way, from the confirmed squad he has already picked.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Belgium :mjlol:

Mexico :mjlol:

Brazil's problem isn't their attack. It is the defense. :stopitslime:
No their defense is pretty solid. Marquinhos,Thiago Silva,Miranda etc. Dani Alves, Marcelo,Alex Sandro,Filepe Luis, and in the midfield they have Casemiro, Fernandinho and Paulinho. Brazil’s biggest issue is a consistent striker who can score. If Firminho can play like he is in Liverpool and De Jesus plays like he has had for Man City Brazil can make a deep run into the World Cup. Plus Brazil has a tough time breaking down teams who park the bus or put 5 defenders in the back. That is why I predict Brazil is going to struggle against Switzerland and Serbia who will play very defensive. Those games are going to 1-0 snooze fest.

Last edited: