Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
@Equanimity I wanted to take a pic of those two red heads sitting behind Aly C. when he was making that final throw in but I had company so I wasn't tryna look like a thirst hound :noah:

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:whew: as if Liu Kang wasn't one of the most liked posters, his essays :whew:
The thing is I can't write short stuff. My favorite quote is Van Der Rohe's "Less is more" about efficiency in architecture but I can't apply it to myself when it comes to writing/typing. :snoop:
But that's why I like message boards because they allow me to fully express myself. And that's also why I don't fukk with twitter and all the 140char wave. Even the text messages and mails I send are long as hell. :snoop:
Granting the penalty was just the ref's way of rewarding Gerrard for his first decent through ball of the season. :yeshrug:
That was lovely honestly. He made some great passes after Leiva came on the pitch.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Really good post.

Re opinions: I've been thinking a lot about opinions lately. I spend a lot of time I confess reading comments after news articles. Like, I can spend hours sometimes reading articles on The Guardian or whatever and reading all the comments about the article. I just always wonder if a lot of opinions are rehashed from other opinions that they have read somewhere or heard then there's a snowballing effect. Like you said, yeah I suppose there's nothing wrong with taking an opinion, sprinkling your own personal view (based on other opinions?) then that's your opinion, but it seems awfully inauthentic to me.[...]
I used to do the same about comments. Reading them was fascinating because it was really an addition to the article itself.
But lately I just can't anymore in most websites I read. IMO nowadays everybody think their opinion is sacred and holds the same weight are the journalist. Not saying that it shouldn't but opinions are fickle and based on emotions mostly. Journalists (are supposed to) come with fact while comments rarely does, it's just people giving their 2 cents because they can. That's why I value the article more and sometimes feel like news websites should be comment free because it disrupts the info in itself.

There are still websites where I value the comments more than the article itself but that's because those articles are mostly opinions ! :lolbron:

About opinions and how they are built. Well maybe that's just the way things are (at least for me). Myself I know where I stand and for example politically I read leftist and rightists websites to confront my opinions and test myself. Can I agree with a racist view ? Can I agree with anti-immigration policies ? Well no, so while digesting other opinions I do this constructively and try to be balanced and that's how I build mine. Sometimes I read things I don't necessarily agree with but the logic is so powerful and blows my mind so much that I'm forced change my stance. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Touched down in Port-au-Prince and already had some amazing lunch. :blessed:

Probably shouldn't have gone to work yesterday. I feel tired already.
How's Haiti since the earthquake though ?
I remember seeing a doc during that time about a kid living in a camp because he lost all his familiy members in that tragedy. He had nobody anymore but was kinda strong in that misfortune. Donated 50 bucks to Unicef right after finishing the doc :to:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edgar David's has resigned as manager of Barnet. He is expected to be named as a part of Clarence Seedorf's coaching staff at AC Milan

:blessed:

Now just need to take steal Kluivert from Van Gaal

Bd99BbeCYAAq2l9.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
rodgers really dropped lucas over gerrard :mjlol:

I didnt see the game, but listened to it it in the car, as I was coming back from my 4 y/o cousins birthday party. They sayin Gerrard was gettin over run when he was playin central and then when he was moved further forward they were waxing lyrical about him again. :heh: playin Gerrard in the anchor role and basically changing the whole dynamic of the team to fit around a dying Gerrard, because he needs runners all around him

Last edited:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I didnt see the game, but listened to it it in the car as I was coming back from my 4 y/o cousins birthday party. They sayin Gerrard was goin over run when he was playin central and then when he was moved further forward they were waxing lyrical about him again. :heh: playin Gerrard in the anchor role and basically changing the whole dynamic of the team to fit around a dying Gerrard, because he needs runners all around him
rodgers realised his mistake and took off coutinho for lucas at halftime so gerrard could push up.

its just funny seeing that he has to play gerrard at all times when he isnt the player he used to be.

definition of a player being bigger than the club

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Davids ruined Barnet then just ran off :russ:

Thats lies and you can check the stats yourself.

Barnet are only 3 pts off from a play-off place in their league at present and Barnet finished 21st, 22nd & 22nd the previous 3 seasons before Davids finally did take them down and last season they did go down was their highest points tally in those last 3 seasons. Barnet were always going down, it was jsut a matter of time.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Thats lies and you can check the stats yourself.

Barnet are only 3 pts off from a play-off place in their league at present and Barnet finished 21st, 22nd & 22nd the previous 3 seasons before Davids finally did take them down and last season they did go down was their highest points tally in those last 3 seasons. Barnet were always going down, it was jsut a matter of time.
:ohhh: i stand corrected

it was funny seeing him trying to play even though he was beyond :flabbynsick: