Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
rodgers realised his mistake and took off coutinho for lucas at halftime so gerrard could push up.

its just funny seeing that he has to play gerrard at all times when he isnt the player he used to be.

definition of a player being bigger than the club

Its been a FACT as Wafa likes to say, that Liverpool actually do play better without Gerrard in the team and their record is good without him in the line up. But Gerrard & the media is still living off 05 & 06 Cup Finals and that 2nd place run in whatever season it was. Liverpool dont need him, if the Liverpool fans werent so nuts and liked a cause to protest about, Rodgers should go Of Mice & Men and put Gerrard out of his misery. If you have to play Gerrard he has to play as a #10/ss. Him in a 2 man midfield vs 3 man midfielders with tekkers and pace is jsut :laff:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That will just give you and overview of the game and how it evolved. First time I posted in OFT I talked out my ass and @Kunty McPhuck checked me, so I went back learning and watched the game more carefully trying to understand it in a tactical sense and not in an entertaining one. It's better to know history to better understand how things works now.

link?

I've had a thirst to know about tactics/formations/shapes since the 90's, probably with Milan & Arsenals back 5's and Ajax 95.

And arrogance or not I'm top 5 in Sporting knowledge on this whole forum.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
BeSLoC8CAAAAaWB.jpg

:to: RIP, really enjoyed his broadcast style.

I haven't been able to find out how he died. What happened?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:wow: This breh Da Boss

XLySopu.jpg

Seedorf: "First of all, I want to thank everyone for welcoming."

Seedorf: "I have come back home with the desire to work and enthusiasm in order to do this job in the best way."

Seedorf: "We're privileged here at Milan, and I have also told this to the players."

Seedorf: "We need to have enthusiasm, happiness and joy when when we train and play football."

Seedorf: "In these types of situations, you don't need to look at the Serie A standings. The objective is regain the right spirit."

Seedorf: "We're in a delicate situation, but the squad is compact and united, and this is a good foundation in order to get back on track."

Seedorf: "The psychological aspect is very important."

Seedorf: "We need time and we need the support from our fans, who will be amazing as always."

Seedorf: "I'm sure that the fans will give us the energy that we need, and I'm sure that the players will respond in a positive way."

Seedorf: "I feel well, and I have to thank everyone at Milan for that. It's great to be back after having spent 10 years here."

Seedorf: "When I looked into the eyes of the people here at the club, I saw their happiness, and that has motivated me even further."

Seedorf: "I will play with a 4-2-3-1 formation in order to get the most out of our offensive qualities."

Seedorf: "Milan's best matches in recent times have been when we have attacked and put pressure on the opponents."

Seedorf: "We need time, and things might change tomorrow. The philosophy of our playing style will be developed day by day."

Seedorf: "Balotelli is a very nice guy and we all know his qualities. I'm here to help him grow and improve. I'm optimistic."

Seedorf: "I still have everything to prove as a coach. I like challenges and I'm ready for this challenge."

Seedorf: "I'm happy and honored that president Berlusconi and Galliani have faith in me."

Seedorf: "I'm excited, and I'm happy that I can experience this adventure at my home here at Milan."

Seedorf: "We'll look forward, not at the past. We can grow and overcome difficult moments. We will see the glass as being half full."

Seedorf: "I have always been preparing for life after my playing career. I have never wanted to live a depressing life without football."

Seedorf: "I feel everything very intensely, so I can’t help but be happy and excited about this great opportunity."

Seedorf: "Racism is a cultural problem - it still exists everywhere in the world, but Milan have proved to be an innovative and brave club; and actions always speak louder than words."

Seedorf: "I've experienced a lot with Berlusconi and Galliani, and I’m happy to be back experiencing these emotions with them."

Seedorf: "NDJ? I met him when he was 8 and a ball boy for Ajax. He's a reliable person, and I'm happy to have him here."

Seedorf: "I have never had any problems with Van Basten; he's a part of Milan's history, and he made the difference."."

Seedorf: "I hope to see Van Basten at Milanello soon, so that he can tell the players about Milan's history and what the club is about."

Seedorf: "I want to get involved in the work with everyone at the club and revive the values that have always distinguished this club."

Seedorf: "You're all aware of my friendship with Kakà. He's a friend, not a team-mate. I know that I can count on him as a person."

Seedorf: "@KAKA is an extraordinary player, and he can still improve after the problems he had at Real Madrid."

Seedorf: "I'm happy for Kakà, and I'm happy to have him here with me."

Seedorf: "Kakà is an example for everyone in the sqaud. He will help me with my work."

Seedorf: "I want to regain Milan's DNA - it's something that you can never lose."

Seedorf: "Milan might have been infected with a virus, but the antivirus has already arrived." :deadmanny:

Seedorf: "It's easier to get a result when you play good football, so that's fundamental for us."

Seedorf: "I've seen many of the Milan matches so far. I'm convinced they deserve more points than they currently have. They deserve more."

Seedorf: "Tassotti has been and still is very important for the club. I really value him, and we are already working well together."

Seedorf: "The opponents have to feel the pressure of playing against us at San Siro. It has to become a problem for them to play here."

:to: :banderas:

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Modern tactics bore me. Like, breaking down tactics of a season in progress or using them to try and predict and shyt.

Tactical breakdown of past teams (even a year old tbh) so the writer can bathe all the talks of zoning and shyt with nostalgia and romanticism :blessed:

concise

Veteran
Daps
How's Haiti since the earthquake though ?
I remember seeing a doc during that time about a kid living in a camp because he lost all his familiy members in that tragedy. He had nobody anymore but was kinda strong in that misfortune. Donated 50 bucks to Unicef right after finishing the doc :to:

How is it there now?

:yeshrug:
I have no idea what it was like before, first time ever here.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As if this Liverpool farce isn't enough, I get the news that Komla Dumor died yesterday. WTF???

He was only 41. Before he jumped to the BBC I remember listening to him every morning on Joy FM on my way to school. Such a tragedy.
BeSLoC8CAAAAaWB.jpg

:to: RIP, really enjoyed his broadcast style.

Damn shame, RIP. Watched his tedx talk not long ago, breh was funny.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
think this is the first time in years that i know 100% we are going to lose.

no chance without rooney and rvp.

moyes is chatting shyt in the media talking about big players want to join.... why arent you signing anyone then :comeon: