Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I know a bunch of people like that. I don't even talk to people about soccer to people. It's always very cursory, "Oh, so who do you think will win the world cup??" "Probably Brazil, Spain, Germany watch out for Argentina yeah :stopitslime:"

It's not even like I know a lot about soccer (even though I do know a fair bit about soccer, I've decided I'll cut myself before I ever posit a legitimate opinion on anything pertaining to soccer. Mainly because I'm not a fukking pundit, also, on the internet you're either sounding like a budget Michael Cox or you're not saying anything new or novel. I'd rather just try joke after joke to see if anything sticks at all than try to talk about whether or not Arsene should buy a striker, whether Moyes was the right choice, who gives a fukk. It's all the same posters, we all have our roles, fukk giving actual opinions.)

That's why the coli is so terrible. From trolling one of the playoffs thread I've learned that (1) people really don't know all that much about sports (2) on the coli people come to find legitimate sports dialogue when in reality they're only finding other inept mugs to talk about the same non-talking points as them. There isn't a poster worth their salt outside of this thread. I mean that.

I've perused the threads, it eerily mirrors real life. I have never meet people in real life who are breaking down NFL games into defensive schemes, strategies, it's always the most obvious things anyone can muster. And you listen to the commentary for any given game (I've actually watched my fair bit of playoff football this year) and it's so basic and full of fukkwittery that it's no coincidence.
Are you still mad they got at you for being white in that one thread? People on here talk shyt all the time. It's basically a barbershop forum of sorts. Sometimes people know what there saying and other times they don't. It's not that serious. You should probably take a break, you exposing yourself as a bytch. Not a good look.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Remember when Anderson was better than Fabregas?
Well Anderson used to consistently shyt on Francesc :manny:

I know a bunch of people like that. I don't even talk to people about soccer to people. It's always very cursory, "Oh, so who do you think will win the world cup??" "Probably Brazil, Spain, Germany watch out for Argentina yeah :stopitslime:"

It's not even like I know a lot about soccer (even though I do know a fair bit about soccer, I've decided I'll cut myself before I ever posit a legitimate opinion on anything pertaining to soccer. Mainly because I'm not a fukking pundit, also, on the internet you're either sounding like a budget Michael Cox or you're not saying anything new or novel. I'd rather just try joke after joke to see if anything sticks at all than try to talk about whether or not Arsene should buy a striker, whether Moyes was the right choice, who gives a fukk. It's all the same posters, we all have our roles, fukk giving actual opinions.)

That's why the coli is so terrible. From trolling one of the playoffs thread I've learned that (1) people really don't know all that much about sports (2) on the coli people come to find legitimate sports dialogue when in reality they're only finding other inept mugs to talk about the same non-talking points as them. There isn't a poster worth their salt outside of this thread. I mean that.

I've perused the threads, it eerily mirrors real life. I have never meet people in real life who are breaking down NFL games into defensive schemes, strategies, it's always the most obvious things anyone can muster. And you listen to the commentary for any given game (I've actually watched my fair bit of playoff football this year) and it's so basic and full of fukkwittery that it's no coincidence.
:ohhh: :ohhh: :ohhh:

@Albert Pull-Hoes that's what I think he was implying but maybe I'm being too harsh on the boa

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Are you still mad they got at you for being white in that one thread? People on here talk shyt all the time. It's basically a barbershop forum of sorts. Sometimes people know what there saying and other times they don't. It's not that serious. You should probably take a break, you exposing yourself as a bytch. Not a good look.
You have to agree the people try to be analysts by force on here for no reason

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You have to agree the people try to be analysts by force on here for no reason
This is a barbershop forum, they do that everywhere. I know I am guilty of it as well. I don't have a problem with it, if their constantly wrong, I skip their posts. Everyone has an opinion. As long as it isn't disrespectful, I don't see the issue.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Sunderland hasn't even touched the ball and they are down 1-0.

Yes I woke up at 745 to watch Sunderland/Southampton :hmm:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Interesting post, I think if you dont expect too much from the coli youll be satisfied. The thing is trolling and shytposting (as they say on *****) is so prevalent and a way of entertainment onto itself that the perfect forum will each take itself too seriously or be boring as a result.

I only visit game threads and trash talk threads cause I'm not interested in "breaking it down" most of the time. Who am I to go in-depth when I dont benefit or I'm not a coach. Is there something you gain from knowing the minutiae that I dont know about? A "real fan"? I'm only a real fan when I have some money at stake and looking at angles to exploit accordingly.

lol @ Michael Cox reference, carve out a boring ass niche for yourself brehs. Not ever interesting, it's like something he followed out of necessity to stand out I bet.

Soccer talk in the US. :mjlol: Mostly a bunch of fukking Mexicans and ethnics who know what they're supposed to know to keep some kind of cultural identity.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Sunderland is a team who's up for the big occasions but isn't good enough to only get up for the big occasions cause they lose those anyway. There are more bad teams than good teams in the Prem and getting hyped and keeping possession against Man United turns into like 10% possession against a slumping Southampton :dahell:

:dead: @ that Typical Abusive English Fan they just showed

Montez

Superstar
Daps
United fans :dahell:

It's been like five months and these dudes have already lost all sense of self.

I actually respect it. Chelsea fans have it too. Coming from a world of winning this is foreign. Being an Arsenal fan you get used to 3rd/4th and you see the mental scars in a season like this when we are good but Gooners are like :sadcam:We gotta buy this guy sadcam: I'd settle for 3rd coz City and Chelsea have too much money :sadcam then :blessed: when we are top of the league in November.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
Generally, when one is talking about a matter he's no expert in, chances are he says shyt he read elsewhere. The bright way of doing this is just to take it and make your own opinion off it through your own observations. There is no shame doing that.

Lately I found myself watching football only to understand tactics. Don't really care about the game but the shapes, the movement, the player's positions and interactions. And well, it's incredibly interesting. Real-life chess honestly. Saw a bit of Barça / Getafe and was irked that Barça was kinda sloppy and couldn't force Getafe's lock (they are really less impressive at that since the Pep days by the way). Then, out of nowhere you have that fake by Messi opening up the right side of Getafe by provoking a 2 vs 1, for Tello to assist him brilliantly. Was :ehh: by that movement and really enjoyed that. Above all because I was getting bored :beli:

Thing is I've only come to this way of watching football only after reading heavily some tactics blogs because they provide good insight on how things works on the pitch and that's refreshing. Found out about "Zone 14" and "Half-spaces" a month ago and now when I find the time to play me some FIFA I always try to hit them. Will try to implement that in my team soon. I have a new found appreciation for coaching :ld:

:ld:
Isn't it like how online debates are mostly ? Not many people enter a debate on the innanetz letting the door open to be convinced. The Coli is no exception. I'm on the internet since like 1999 and been on message boards for a little less than that and it's always been this way. From video game message boards, to polics one, to music one, passing by news websites.

But I don't debate on The Coli mostly because it's often American matters and because (I don't if it's the American way but) most problems are somehow linked to "races". And I hate that point of view. I'm really boggled by how things appears to be (I don't know for sure, maybe the Coli deforms reality) black and white in your country. Kind of scary honestly.

Yeah I'm often troubled by basic commentary and I (figuratively) pray for non-commented games. I swear I'd pay to watch games only with the sound of the crowd and the players. But commentary is basic because networks aim at the largest audience possible maybe. I don't know how it is in the US but mostly, when watching sport on TV in France, most announcers team are composed by "an expert" and "an enthusiastic announcer" (which know little to none about the sports he's commenting). The former is here to give some tactical key points, the latter is here to rejoice at every type of shyt :snoop:.
But yeah, they don't really go in depth but it's also because it's the role of debriefing shows with analysis, stats and charts.

I wonder, can @Grams become the first announcer mixing spot-on analysis and great commenting at the SAME DAMN TIME ?! :lupe: