Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these footballers fukking love american black american culture dont they

raise the salary cap and i bet they'd even take a minor paycut to be playing and living in the states

edit: didnt see the dempsey picture. probably the only breh who knew what was going on :dead:

I'm pretty sure all them know the game, it ain't like Basketball is hard spot to understand. And in many places Basketball and Hip-Hop goes hand in hand.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
hazard :russ:

article-2540912-1AB9395900000578-691_634x403.jpg
Who is the Black girl :noah:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
props to him for getting injured chasing a ball up in a game where they were up 4-0 on aggregate

Pathetic, I wouldn't expect this coming from you. Then again :umad: that the an almost relegated SP beat the mighty US of A

Jurgen Klinsmann's USA lost their first proper test on Brazilian soil ahead of this summer's World Cup by losing 2-1 to Sao Paulo in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Thursday.

As part of the Americans' preparations for 2014, an special camp had been arranged in Brazil so as to allow the players an insight into the country they will call home for as long as possible later in the year.

Unfortunately for the USA and Klinsmann, the Tricolor were in no mood to make it an easy run-around for their opponents and actually wound up as victors in a well-mannered encounter.

Sao Paulo took the lead through veteran striker Luis Fabiano and although USA managed an equaliser from Chris Wondolowski, Selecaohopeful Jadson sealed the ficticious three points for the hosts, who changed their entire line-up at the break.

USA will line-up in Group G in the World Cup alongside Germany, Portugal and Ghana.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/55...iendly_thanks_to_luis_fabiano_and_jadson.html

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Beachryan said:
If we want to be a global footballing powerhouse, we need to act like one. It's a nasty business, filled with nasty characters generally manipulating very poorly educated boys in one of the most lucrative careers in the world. United have been fortunate in that they had a generation of players that were both a bit blue-collar, hard working types but also phenomenal talents that were willing to play for the shirt. I'm not convinced we can expect that anymore. It'd be nice, but I think it's a fantasy.

Look at City at the moment. I'm not exaggerating when I say their home form is simply the most dominant, exciting, attacking football I've ever witnessed in England. But not a single one of those players ever thought they'd play a single moment for Manchester City when they were growing up. There are no youth players there, no sense of history or 'playing for the sky blue shirt'. It's simple - City have spent and they now have far and away the best set of players in the league. It's as distasteful as a gold-plated Ferrari and probably appeals to the same clientele, but that is the market in which we now operate.

There are countless examples throughout history of once dominant companies desperately clinging to their old business models, while the world moves on without them. That's where we are today. We can either use our enormous revenues to play at the true top table of global football, or we can join the also-rans. Who do we want our peers to be? If it's Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Milan and so forth then so be it. But if we honestly believe we're in the same category as Real, Barcelona and Bayern then we need to start acting like it, because it's very easy to get left behind pining for the good years.

So I say suck it up. Pay the scum agents their fees. Piss on their cash if it makes you feel better, they'll take it any way they can. Because we desperately need some marquee signings, as much for our reputation as anything else.

:banderas: Dat Gospel

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Lowkey, I've been saying it for a couple seasons now to myself, and it's probably why United is always predicted by footballing fans and pundits to barely finish top 4 rather than win the league. On paper, our team shouldn't be winning leagues. Luckily SAF was a genius and masked a lot of our faults and lack of business savvy moves.

As I've said earlier in this thread, our transfer policy at the moment makes absolutely no sense and we are severely lacking behind in an evolving footballing market. We refuse to spend more than £30m on a homerun, guaranteed star player, while also recognizing and acknowledging that's exactly the type of player we need to compete with Bayern, Madrid, Barca, City, and Chelsea. We offered £25m to Barca for fukkin' FABREGAS. :laff: Fabregas is worth at least £35m-£40m and we lowballed the shyt outta them.

Then, when it comes to a player proven in another league, we sit there and question if he's "Premier League ready" or "Premier League proven", only to watch said player get bought by one of the sugar daddy clubs and ball out. There's quality all over Europe in the midfield. Radja Nainggolan went to an already stacked Roma midfield for peanuts. Matic goes to Chelsea for a decent £22m. We won't inquire about Yohan Cabaye a look because he isn't "United quality", although he'd be our best CM the moment he puts on a red shirt. Ander Herrara blunder. Joao Moutinho would've been a great buy, but I don't even think we were interested. Strootman, many links to him and then we let him fukk off to Roma. De Rossi scoffed at coming to United once Moyes was hired. List goes on and on.

Moyes to say the least has his work cut out for him. He's a nobody whose guiding a team currently in 7th place. Attracting players is gonna be extremely difficult. And looking into the future, things may even get more bleak. Rooney has one more year left on his contract at the end of the season, so he'll most likely be gone in the summer, especially is we fail for CL qualification. RVP might want out. That leaves us with an illustrious strike force of Flattop Welbeck and Hernandez. So yeah, sooner rather than later, we're going to need a world class striker and those don't come cheap either.

I know it's nearly sacrilegious to fault Fergie for anything, but he has to take some of the blame for this as well. Besides handpicking a mid-table manager as his successor, he didn't do any favors for that mid-table manager with the current roster and player situations.

Future looks bleak. :lupe:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Lowkey, I've been saying it for a couple seasons now to myself, and it's probably why United is always predicted by footballing fans and pundits to barely finish top 4 rather than win the league. On paper, our team shouldn't be winning leagues. Luckily SAF was a genius and masked a lot of our faults and lack of business savvy moves.

As I've said earlier in this thread, our transfer policy at the moment makes absolutely no sense and we are severely lacking behind in an evolving footballing market. We refuse to spend more than £30m on a homerun, guaranteed star player, while also recognizing and acknowledging that's exactly the type of player we need to compete with Bayern, Madrid, Barca, City, and Chelsea. We offered £25m to Barca for fukkin' FABREGAS. :laff: Fabregas is worth at least £35m-£40m and we lowballed the shyt outta them.

Then, when it comes to a player proven in another league, we sit there and question if he's "Premier League ready" or "Premier League proven", only to watch said player get bought by one of the sugar daddy clubs and ball out. There's quality all over Europe in the midfield. Radja Nainggolan went to an already stacked Roma midfield for peanuts. Matic goes to Chelsea for a decent £22m. We won't inquire about Yohan Cabaye a look because he isn't "United quality", although he'd be our best CM the moment he puts on a red shirt. Ander Herrara blunder. Joao Moutinho would've been a great buy, but I don't even think we were interested. Strootman, many links to him and then we let him fukk off to Roma. De Rossi scoffed at coming to United once Moyes was hired. List goes on and on.

Moyes to say the least has his work cut out for him. He's a nobody whose guiding a team currently in 7th place. Attracting players is gonna be extremely difficult. And looking into the future, things may even get more bleak. Rooney has one more year left on his contract at the end of the season, so he'll most likely be gone in the summer, especially is we fail for CL qualification. RVP might want out. That leaves us with an illustrious strike force of Flattop Welbeck and Hernandez. So yeah, sooner rather than later, we're going to need a world class striker and those don't come cheap either.

I know it's nearly sacrilegious to fault Fergie for anything, but he has to take some of the blame for this as well. Besides handpicking a mid-table manager as his successor, he didn't do any favors for that mid-table manager with the current roster and player situations.

Boo hoooooo, its Uniteds turn to be shyt for a couple of years. Everyone of the major Giants barring Bayern have had down periods in the last 30 years, ranging from 3 years to a over decade. Oh yeah its Fergies fault in the 1st place as to why United got sold to Glazers and to why years later they cannot outbid the big boys, as they robbing you blind.

Barring Citeh, PSG & Real, the big teams dont really buy already WC players anymore and if they do, its no-one who is older than 26, they moved on to buyin potential and developing them. The market has changed the past 2-3 years, when you have the Bayerns and Barca's of the world who have the money to buy anyone and they are buyin the potential stars like Thiago, Gotze, Neymar and Sanchez that lets you know, keep up or die. Even Chelsea have changed their ways from buyin already established players to potential ones over the past 3 years, even toh with them that can changed.

United history is a leader b2b midfielder, wingers and strikers. And at present you only have 2 strikers whom = 1 fit player

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

this is some of the most delusional and lack of self-aware shyt Ive ever read in this thread. United fans really think like this?

"Lowkey, I've been saying it for a couple seasons now to myself, and it's probably why United is always predicted by footballing fans and pundits to barely finish top 4 rather than win the league."

In what fukking world? LOL :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
this is some of the most delusional and lack of self-aware shyt Ive ever read in this thread. United fans really think like this?

"Lowkey, I've been saying it for a couple seasons now to myself, and it's probably why United is always predicted by footballing fans and pundits to barely finish top 4 rather than win the league."

In what fukking world? LOL :dwillhuh:

That bit is :dead: United have always been predicted top 3 under Fergie. The common phrase was, whoever finishes above United wins the title. :laff: @ pullin barely finishing top 4 out of nowhere.

Last edited: