Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I was thinking about Mourinho's comments today and started thinking about how you would rarely hear anything like that in American sports.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps I don't pay attention to your NBAs, NFLs etc. but every time I hear a coach being interviewed or even players, it's always like they've memorized the big book of sport interview platitudes to the letter and they never stray from it. Ever. I'm not saying that football coaches don't do that as well, but you're more likely to hear some outlandish shyt from a football coach, or at least something intriguing, funny, interesting, not boring, than you'll ever hear from the players or coaches who are trained by their highly credentialed PR masters here in the states.

That's slightly part of why these major sports in the US are boring to me. Everyone is so goddamn boring or they're so terrified of having a PR nightmare that could be overexamined by the ESPN newscycle, blown out of proportion and fukk up endorsement deals or whatever. I'm just saying ffs throw a little personality in there.

The nicknames thread sorta touched on this.
David Stern and Roger Gooddel have killed all that noise, b. It has nothing to do with losing endorsements. It has everything to do with getting hit with league fines and getting suspended for toeing the line.

Then you have baseball, where visibly enjoying the game results in a ball being thrown at your head.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Against City he had 2-3 chances. Tonight 2. Another top striker would do much better with this team. He has had some glorious opportunities and his defensive/dropping deep work is much appreciated but he isn't a threat.

He had one decent chance, the second wasn't a clear chance at all, both Terry and Cech were in better positions to make a play on the boy.

A striker no matter how good needs opportunities, and consistent ones at that, basically this is a game for Girould. Somewhere in about 20th he gets an opportunity, then somewhere in the 80th minute a half chance is created for him.

Girould goes long spells between chances on a regular basis. Look at most of the goals they've scored this season, most of them have not been from great build up play.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
let's post the whitest things we find on our facebook/twitter/etc feeds:

Bay Area Broski(e)s,

I'm looking to move out of the Berkeley Hills and into San Francisco proper--I'm thinking the Mission, but am definitely open to other options--sometime in early 2014. If you hear of any leads or have any open roommate spots yourself, lemme know! I'm into ultimate frisbee, rock climbing, board games of assorted complexity, bar trivia, Jeopady!, coffee shops, reading, drawing, cooking, reasoned discourse, music, long hikes and mid-range scotch.
:pachaha: :skip:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
6jJZYFB.jpg

like a festive holiday :dead:

concise

Veteran
Daps
brehs, is there an android app comparable to the Fourfourtwo Stats Zone app? The selection looks like trash :scusthov:.