Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Went for it with what? You brehs know damn well that bar Walcott this team is unthreatening as fack. They aint about goals or aggressive attacking play.

That moment Ramsey put the ball out of play for Ramirez proved he aint a killer. And brehs need to stop caping for Ozil because even he knows hes not the one. Which top player you know who squares that ball to Walcott (the penalty call)? Hes gotta be looking to bend that ball into the top corner. Imagine Hazard or Oscar passing there and theyre just kids. Its a mentality.

And Giroud :comeon: Look, these choirboys, pretty boys and support staff need some help.

:stop: Pace, flair, width, quicker tempo and an attacking formation/line up, none of that was there today and Wenger did absolutely nothing to change it in the second half, he was content with a draw as much as Mourinho was. Arsenal didn't do shyt for 75 minutes. Remember when he made a triple substitution against Everton which got Arsenal a goal, where was that today?, where was the usual attacking quick tempo Arsenal that plays with flair. This Chelsea team is poor, they play poor and they defend poor, you got teams like Newcastle, West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland scoring two or more against them, Arsenal were more than capable of doing the same if Wenger decided not be cautious. Mourinho's being criticised when Chelsea were arguably the better team and created the better chances(there was a period in the game where Chelsea had 8 attempts to Arsenal's 0), whilst Wenger just sat there and didn't even make a substitution or even have a plan B :camby:.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
We all know Giroud is an average striker at this level, but what chances has he had, he gets at most about 2 decent half chances a game.

No striker unless they can create for themselves, is doing much with this team. This midfield simply don't create opportunities for him.

Against City he had 2-3 chances. Tonight 2. Another top striker would do much better with this team. He has had some glorious opportunities and his defensive/dropping deep work is much appreciated but he isn't a threat.

ridge

Daps
ozil passing he ball to walcott was maybe the most frustrating thing today...drove me fukking nuts

cazorla needed to play this match

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Against City he had 2-3 chances. Tonight 2. Another top striker would do much better with this team. He has had some glorious opportunities and his defensive/dropping deep work is much appreciated but he isn't a threat.
THIS. Stretching back to last season he just refuses to score in big games when chances present themselves. Always puts the chance agonizingly wide left. He is so slow as well so he never makes runs in behind. And I ask you all this...we praise him for his work rate, hold up play, and clever flicks in the box...but he isn't really doing anything another striker of his build isn't doing is he? Breh looking like a French Andy Carroll.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:stop: Pace, flair, width, quicker tempo and an attacking formation/line up, none of that was there today and Wenger did absolutely nothing to change it in the second half, he was content with a draw as much as Mourinho was. Arsenal didn't do shyt for 75 minutes. Remember when he made a triple substitution against Everton which got Arsenal a goal, where was that today?, where was the usual attacking quick tempo Arsenal that plays with flair. This Chelsea team is poor, they play poor and they defend poor, you got teams like Newcastle, West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland scoring two or more against them, Arsenal were more than capable of doing the same if Wenger decided not be cautious. Mourinho's being criticised when Chelsea were arguably the better team and created the better chances(there was a period in the game where Chelsea had 8 attempts to Arsenal's 0), whilst Wenger just sat there and didn't even make a substitution or even have a plan B :camby:.

You write more about Arsenal than the actual Arsenal supporters breh :umad:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You write more about Arsenal than the actual Arsenal supporters breh :umad:

:umad:, I consider myself to be a pundit who discusses a vast array of teams in :win:, Arsenal are a regular discussion on this thread, as they're a lot of Arsenal fans, furthermore someone's got to give Arsenal fans that work! :steviej:

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
jnh0.jpg

:blessed:

:deadmanny: @ that crop.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:umad:, I consider myself to be a pundit who discusses a vast array of teams in addition to my own :win:, Arsenal are a regular discussion on this thread, as they're a lot of Arsenal fans, furthermore someone's got to give Arsenal fans that work! :Berlusconi:

ZALcC.gif

As someone who hates pundits and who dedicated an entire thread to the idea of a sport fan-cum-self-titled-pundit I should be socking my computer screen right about now at this last post, though I've never actually quite worked out what I would do if someone on an anonymous internet message board actually referred to themselves as a pundit in an entirely serious way. You know people think that way, but for someone to actually refer to themselves as a pundit...

I'm speechless. I'm without speech.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
ZALcC.gif

As someone who hates pundits and who dedicated an entire thread to the idea of a sport fan-cum-self-titled-pundit I should be socking my computer screen right about now at this last post, though I've never actually quite worked out what I would do if someone on an anonymous internet message board actually referred to themselves as a pundit in an entirely serious way. You know people think that way, but for someone to actually refer to themselves as a pundit...

:lupe: So what you gonna do?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Breh looking like a French Andy Carroll.
we all mad, but slow down breh :whoa:

ZALcC.gif

:dead:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking about Mourinho's comments today and started thinking about how you would rarely hear anything like that in American sports.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps I don't pay attention to your NBAs, NFLs etc. but every time I hear a coach being interviewed or even players, it's always like they've memorized the big book of sport interview platitudes to the letter and they never stray from it. Ever. I'm not saying that football coaches don't do that as well, but you're more likely to hear some outlandish shyt from a football coach, or at least something intriguing, funny, interesting, not boring, than you'll ever hear from the players or coaches who are trained by their highly credentialed PR masters here in the states.

That's slightly part of why these major sports in the US are boring to me. Everyone is so goddamn boring or they're so terrified of having a PR nightmare that could be overexamined by the ESPN newscycle, blown out of proportion and fukk up endorsement deals or whatever. I'm just saying ffs throw a little personality in there.

The nicknames thread sorta touched on this.