Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What fukked Newcastle was losin Cabaye & Ben Arfa for a couple of months

They aren't far off for challenging for top 4 again if they have a good summer.

Next season is going to be intense. That extra TV money going to the likes of Spurs, Newcastle etc :merchant:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
They aren't far off for challenging for top 4 again if they have a good summer.

Next season is going to be intense. That extra TV money going to the likes of Spurs, Newcastle etc :merchant:

Depends if Spurs make CL or not, if Bale goes, they will have even more money and tbh the team might be even better off with no Bale. PLus Adebayor will be gone aswell. So replacement for Bale and 2 strikers and a replacement for Dempsey :steviej:

Newcastle will sell Cabaye and Bennie if they get the right offer and there goes their creativity.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Nasri only had one good season with Arsenal. Then again Nasri was never going to be a success at City because he is not a wide player and that's where Mancini seem set on playing him.

probably would have been more of a success at United because SAF would have played him as a #8 with good wide play to allow him space to create.
@SCORCH
Ben Arfa will be @Tottenham next season :mjpls:

Vaguely remember City buying him (outside of stopping him from going to United) because he was tops in the league for passes in the final 3rd and that was one of their main issues. Poor all round.

I see where you're going with United and it would've been interesting but Nasri had the right manager and system at Arsenal. I can't see United building around him like Wenger was willing to do.

I would, only if he is willing to be the complimentary player that he is. And only if he is willing to take on his marker a lot more. And only if he lets Jack and Santi do all the work. And only if he takes a massive paycut.

I would like him a lot in this side giving one-twos with Jack and Santi, and realizing that he isnt the creative type. I dont think his ego would allow it tho.

he def not a facilitator tho, but then again I wouldnt say Iniesta is either.

Kunty said it best. His ability to find spaces and see moves was underrated. He just never ran at people.

I think he would come back, the pay cut I don't know about unless things got real ugly or it was a massive cut price deal.

Despite what Nasri said about the fans (which was true) he never did us dirty like Van Persie or Cesc.

Nasri knew his role in that 2010-11 team. He doesn't want to be the star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Vaguely remember City buying him (outside of stopping him from going to United) because he was tops in the league for passes in the final 3rd and that was one of their main issues. Poor all round.

I see where you're going with United and it would've been interesting but Nasri had the right manager and system at Arsenal. I can't see United building around him like Wenger was willing to do.

Wenger was in panic mode, I doubt Wenger was that serious about makin Nasri the guy, but then again it is Wenger

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Considered nasri a flop buy and would have been happy to take 8 mill in a good year (multiple years left on his contract)

If harry bought nasri for 24 mill in his final year people wouldve been calling for FBI intervention.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Nasri isnt a central player either.

And Bennie Arthur wants PSG

isn't that where he had the most success at Arsenal when Fabregas mysteriously was picking up knocks left and right in that final season?

he has good passing range so maybe thats where SAF plan on playing him. Remember he signed Scholes outta retirement because they were missing that type of player.

He is not an outright CAM, can do a job as a wide player but thats about it.

:ohhh: Maybe he should think about being an outright holding midfielder? :pachaha:

@Montez
What would Mancini do now if the club had listened to him and invest 100 million pound in RVP and De Rossi :heh: what I dont understand about Mancini is that he is always complaining about not having enough players. You dont hear SAF or Wenger complain so much about not having enough players. SHIIIT even Brendan Rodgers who needs players dont do that shyt. :yeshrug:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Considered nasri a flop buy and would have been happy to take 8 mill in a good year (multiple years left on his contract)

If harry bought nasri for 24 mill in his final year people would be calling for FBI intervention.

Yeah but as it was an Arabs who bought Nasri and not the Jews, it all made sense

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
isn't that where he had the most success at Arsenal when Fabregas mysteriously was picking up knocks left and right in that final season?

he has good passing range so maybe thats where SAF plan on playing him. Remember he signed Scholes outta retirement because they were missing that type of player.

:ohhh: Maybe he should think about being an outright holding midfielder? :pachaha:

:ohhh: The Nasri who scored 2 goals after the New Year in his final season for Arsenal.

Rosicky was actually fit that season so he played central iirc

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Despite what Nasri said about the fans (which was true) he never did us dirty like Van Persie or Cesc.
this is true too. Even tho I wasnt thrilled by Nasri playing against Liverpool, he did do it. He has opened his gums, but when it came time to get the deal done correctly he did not put the club's bargaining position in a bad situation.

Honestly, I see him going back to France but I wouldnt mind having dude, just as long as he takes less money and plays his position. I am sure he has been humbled now too.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Wenger was in panic mode, I doubt Wenger was that serious about makin Nasri the guy, but then again it is Wenger

Probably but he didn't bend over backwards like he did with Theo. He wasn't going to be the main creator but he was coming back into the middle. Ramsey is getting the same treatment now.

Nasri with Jack and Santi :whew:

@Montez
What would Mancini do now if the club had listened to him and invest 100 million pound in RVP and De Rossi :heh: what I dont understand about Mancini is that he is always complaining about not having enough players. You dont hear SAF or Wenger complain so much about not having enough players. SHIIIT even Brendan Rodgers who needs players dont do that shyt. :yeshrug:

Complain about Lescott in defense. It never ends with him. :manny:

Mancini has always been a complainer. Veron said it in a recent interview. If the pass wasn' where he wanted it he would bytch and pick fights.

Wenger complains but he knows he's part of the issue too.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
this is true too. Even tho I wasnt thrilled by Nasri playing against Liverpool, he did do it. He has opened his gums, but when it came time to get the deal done correctly he did not put the club's bargaining position in a bad situation.

Honestly, I see him going back to France but I wouldnt mind having dude, just as long as he takes less money and plays his position. I am sure he has been humbled now too.

I can't see him back in France, taxes and PSG aren't that stupid.

I would have him back in a heartbeat too. This team is starting to get back to that :wow: football they just can't finish.

The stench up in City is so bad even they would break their sell to rivals stance.

I respected Nasri after that Liverpool match. He almost scored the greatest goal in Emirates history that day too. :wow:

I miss our dirty French Lezza. :sadcam:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Probably but he didn't bend over backwards like he did with Theo. He wasn't going to be the main creator but he was coming back into the middle. Ramsey is getting the same treatment now.

Nasri with Jack and Santi :whew:

Nasri would slow down the play too much for Santi & Jack. Nasri kills plays when he thinks too much when hes on the ball

Complain about Lescott in defense. It never ends with him. :manny:

Mancini has always been a complainer. Veron said it in a recent interview. If the pass wasn' where he wanted it he would bytch and pick fights.

Wenger complains but he knows he's part of the issue too.

Lescotts shyt, he nearly cost Citeh the title on that last day. And is just far too lumbering to play against people with tekkers when he has to come out from central positions. Moyes :lawd: How he made Lescott into a functioning left back and conning Hughes to pay all that money for him. :smugdraper: