Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He decided to stay in South Africa past his allotted time. He's been complaining to the press about being exhausted and generally starting to amp up the bytch in him.

He said logistical issues so I thought it was the whole Togolese team. Sounds like y'all are screwed :manny:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
11,000 Guns n Roses plays :ugh:

I also don't quite understand how you have over 200K plays since 2007 and I have 83K since 2007 and I usually listen nonstop.

shyt ain't adding up playboi :birdman:

What are you trying to say? :birdman:

I think my plays should be somewhere between 100-150k but once I connected my ipod and it kept scrobbling. It scrobbled over 4k MJ plays :heh: and my Jay-Z plays went from 10k to 19k :russ:

I was like :manny:

But lets talk about soccer. I want to see flabby Ronaldinho in the MLS.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Playin everywhere but striker.

That's Benzema as a whole. It's why Cristiano spends about 18 minutes a game mean mugging him. He's got a nice, balanced game, but he isn't the clinical, shytty goal scoring finisher that either of his squads need. He drops too far back and passes too much to maxmize France or Real's opportunities. Atleast Real has Ronaldo who'll gladly run into the middle to get jiggy, but they're attack stalls out a lot with Karim dropping outside of the box even when Real/France have the ball in their own third.

The 9 is not strong in him.

And he isn't quite dynamic enough to play as the central playmaker so he either has to be benched or you deal with his second striker stylings. He'd have been a gawd in '98.

*Official Ruud van Nistlerooy Memorial Post* :to:

But lets talk about soccer. I want to see flabby Ronaldinho in the MLS.
:beli:

Seen any good indie movies lately?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:beli:

Seen any good indie movies lately?

I havent in a while :sadcam:

Im waiting for the Oscar re-releases to run their course so I can get some piff in return.

Altho I did DL that Searching for Sugar Man doc.

(blatantly not talking football)

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That's Benzema as a whole. It's why Cristiano spends about 18 minutes a game mean mugging him. He's got a nice, balanced game, but he isn't the clinical, shytty goal scoring finisher that either of his squads need. He drops too far back and passes too much to maxmize France or Real's opportunities. Atleast Real has Ronaldo who'll gladly run into the middle to get jiggy, but they're attack stalls out a lot with Karim dropping outside of the box even when Real/France have the ball in their own third.

And he isn't quite dynamic enough to play as the central playmaker so he either has to be benched or you deal with his second striker stylings. He'd have been a gawd in '98.

*Official Ruud van Nistlerooy Memorial Post* :to:

I'd actually argue that its Benzema dynamism that actually allows CR to actually score as many goals as he does (beyond the tap-ins, taking every free kick, every penalty, rebounds etc) as he drops deep and allows space for Ron to run into.

Benz (and Higuain) being able to at times operate deep or on the wing simply allow the Ron show to go on.

If RM had a more conventional striker then I would be willing to bet that Ron wouldn't score as much or he would have to play as a traditional winger, both positions which don't exist really at all anymore.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I'd actually argue that its Benzema dynamism that actually allows CR to actually score as many goals as he does (beyond the tap-ins, taking every free kick, every penalty, rebounds etc) as he drops deep and allows space for Ron to run into.

Benz (and Higuain) being able to at times operate deep or on the wing simply allow the Ron show to go on.

If RM had a more conventional striker then I would be willing to bet that Ron wouldn't score as much or he would have to play as a traditional winger, both positions which don't exist really at all anymore.
Agree entirely, but I don't think Cristiano scoring a billion goals = Real being as good as they good. RVP does a better job of dropping back and moving around than Benzema does, but if he was on Real he'd be banging in 30, 40 goals a year, with Ron Ron prolly the same out (hypothetical stats being conjured to prove a point :ohhh:)

Even a stereotypical goal scoring ass breh like Drogba gets out of the way enough to let other players operate in the box but is still there every time you think he should be. Diddy also does a better job of winning the ball and laying it off to oncoming teammates.

So I guess my point is great players are better than Benzema who no one considers great. Settled, then. :smugfavre:

I just don't see Benzema as a guy who'll start on a team that wins one of these elite tournaments. You need those scrappy goals, and he occupies the position you'd expect them from.

I'm also of the opinion that Higuain is where build up goes to die. His first tough can be downright comical.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I havent in a while :sadcam:

Im waiting for the Oscar re-releases to run their course so I can get some piff in return.

Altho I did DL that Searching for Sugar Man doc.

(blatantly not talking football)

Not really indie as I'm sure it was a major studio production in Korea, but I watched a flick called Bedeviled recently. Came to the conclusion that old asian women have it in them to be the most evil creatures on the planet. Old women in general. Old men might be all heathened out, but it's really worse when these old hags are there covering it up and co-signing it.

How do you go about insuring a girl now becomes a down ass bytch like that in the future? Because 85 year old Rhymus is going to be up to some debatable shyt.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Yup, I think his versatilty helps CR7 more than anything.
Of course, he can't stay in the box, but that's the reason Ronaldo can shine because Benzo is the top assists provider for Real this season.

Look at his stats :
Karim Benzema Bio, Stats, News - Football / Soccer - - ESPN FC

[...]
[...]
I agree.
That's why he wears the 10. :shaq:

Let me fix that for you. :salute:

As for you, 1st defeat in 24 years vs Germany wasnt it, lasted longer than the time between the 2 conflicts with Germany in the 1st half of the 20th century.

As for Benzema, thats what ive been sayin about him when he plays for France, hes the main striker but wants to play the creator with a team lackin in goalscorers, apart from Ribery I dont really whoelse can score goals in that startin line up. Benzema was doin that shyt oin the Euros as well. Playin everywhere but striker. Would Deschamps play with 2 strikers, Giroud and Benzema behind. Giroud lay offs and movement would help the team out
Where's all the GB love that was displayed in the Olympics ? :mjpls:
When that increases you medal account, all the UK representative are welcome, aren't they ? :mjpls:

More seriously, what's the difference between UK and GB and what's the relation to England. Is that because of Ireland ?

And who else can score goals ? Well... that's a pretty pretty good question :to:
Valbuena can obviously, Giroud could too.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I just don't see Benzema as a guy who'll start on a team that wins one of these elite tournaments. You need those scrappy goals, and he occupies the position you'd expect them from.

True. He does seem a bit mentally weak, or mentally exhausted. Dunno, I feel that way about the entire RM squad under Mou.

And his hair is shyt. The fat mohawk is a terrible idea.

Benz does seem to get some unfair stick though when I think Ron should be bearing the majority of the criticism for many things wrong attacking wise with RM like I've said before.