Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I don't really get what your complaint is tbf. That your team is trash because it's run by fools? Sing it.

Not really a complain, my whole thing is, the NBA is league where it's almost impossible to go from being just another team to being a real contender. Most of the teams are in the league, are nothing more than just fillers.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Maybe Im getting old but I remember all but 2 of those games being close.

The Spurs being labelled as boring is one of the saddest narratives in American sports. Shaq's Lakers were more boring to me than the Spurs.

Game 1 was close until the 4th quarter but ended with a double digit gap, games 2 and 3 they traded like 95-75 games, either game 4 or six was the 100-70 game. That series was just no bueno.

I liked the Twin Towers Spurs (in hindsight, hated them for beating my Knicks), don't really remember the 2003 team, but the 2005 and 2007 teams just had some ugly fukking basketball games.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
With the NBA, you gotta be be lucky, to draft that right players at the right time. Great example are the Spurs, any other year, they don't get Duncan. Without him, they are pretty much just a really good team, but no chance of winning a ship.

For teams like my Bullets, you basically gotta have 3/4 good drafts in a row. Where you can get one bonafide superstar player, a great 2nd tier star, and some good solid role players players, then some good free agent acquisitions. Then hopefully a good coach.

And lastly, hope you can keep them.
Don't use the Wizards as an example of anything. This is a poorly ran organization from top to bottom and has been that way for over 30 years.

The Wizards could be a big market team with right leadership but it will never have the right organization structure.
:steviej: Youse a wild dude. They'll do well to finish above the Nuggets.
:stopitslime:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Not really a complain, my whole thing is, the NBA is league where it's almost impossible to go from being just another team to being a real contender. Most of the teams are in the league, are nothing more than just fillers.
I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Liverpool have never won the premier league, for example, and I'm happy with that.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullets/Wizards fans, as a Knick fan I have lived a decade in your world of inept front offices and playoff hopes ending in the first month. I understand your struggle :to:

But fukk you nikkas we made it :blessed:

Honestly these past 2/3 seasons, are the worst it's ever been for the Bullets since I started watching Basketball(1991), we were just mediocre to average, now it's just:mindblown:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Mate I'd bet that easy.
Have the fallen off like that?

They were balling just a few weeks ago?

Frush, the Wizards are a bad organization. If they didn't play in DC, they would be moved to Seattle. This is a big and attractive market and yet the club is ran like we are Milwaukee or or Sacramento.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
For me it's a bad thing in a franchise system
How would you change it? More draft picks? I have a feeling they did that 30 years ago or maybe it's just because there were less teams it seems like there were wilder drafts.
More trading flexibility? Feels like it would skew to big markets/higher investors.
Making it harder to keep draft picks? Turrble.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Have the fallen off like that?

They were balling just a few weeks ago?

Frush, the Wizards are a bad organization. If they didn't play in DC, they would be moved to Seattle. This is a big and attractive market and yet the club is ran like we are Milwaukee or or Sacramento.
A little. I'm talking ignoring the playoffs. Basically I don't see them having a better record than the Spurs, so it's a dogfight for homecourt between them and the Nuggets, same way it was with them and the Clippers last year.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How would you change it? More draft picks? I have a feeling they did that 30 years ago or maybe it's just because there were less teams it seems like there were wilder drafts.
More trading flexibility? Feels like it would skew to big markets/higher investors.

I don't know, to be honest, but in a franchise systems, at least to me. You have to find a way to make teams matter, in their own fukking market at least.

concise

Veteran
Daps

:heh: There is no changing it, really unless you want to ban guys from staying with one team for their whole career. Like said before, the superstars play a huge role in winning a championship.

I personally like watching teams grow into powerhouses like the Thunder, Bulls, Grizzlies were 1st round cannon fodder and have grown over the years into something more.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
I don't know, to be honest, but in a franchise systems, at least to me. You have to find a way to make teams matter, in their own fukking market at least.
I think mattering is a very abstract thing. What matters to person X doesn't necessarily matter to person Y. The league needs to be trimmed by a few teams, but poor decisions and bad luck will always cost some more than others. Blazers should be the best team in the west right now.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
:heh: There is no changing it, really unless you want to ban guys from staying with one team for their whole career. Like said before, the superstars play a huge role in winning a championship.

I personally like watching teams grow into powerhouses like the Thunder, Bulls, Grizzlies were 1st round cannon fodder and have grown over the years into something more.
I agree.

Those are very different Grizzlies teams you're referring to.