Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
That Neymar goal was obviously the best, no one likes a goal in which a player runs 40-50 yards beating everybody to score? So Maradona is also shyt now?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:snoop: MLSE is an embarrassment.

nope. kevin payne is a brilliant mls mind, and mariner was a 'typical mls coach'

they might play a bit ugly to start, but thats better than nothing.

remember when mariner took over results BARELY changed

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
No one cares, except for your.

My what?

On to Brazilian transfer news then:

Santos swept in and took Montillo from us brehs :( Our best player, the argentine's shirt was going to hang high from the Mineiro rafters, right next to Sorin's.

Future best player in the world Wellington Paulista was loaned to West Ham and hold on world because hes surely next years favorite to win it all, and he's sure of it.

[ame]http://youtu.be/h4acTtodjq0[/ame]

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That Neymar goal was obviously the best, no one likes a goal in which a player runs 40-50 yards beating everybody to score? So Maradona is also shyt now?

As far as solo runs go though surely Ben Arfa's was better than Neymar's?

Though I don't really get the Stoch goal either...looked like he shinned it something fierce.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
dudes in here talking basketball and I won't partake..

I'm too heated about this Messi shyt. He ain't that good.

concise

Veteran
Daps
@Don Rhymus

I bumped that S Florida thread, then remembered I could just ask here. What were the reasons for the split from the main city of Miami?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
@Don Rhymus

I bumped that S Florida thread, then remembered I could just ask here. What were the reasons for the split from the main city of Miami?

Where the stadium is is actually quite north of Miami proper. It hasn't actually been considered "Miami" for decades. All the areas that make up Miami Gardens now were unincorporated towns/neighborhoods. Sometime in the late 90's/early 00's the population became substantial enough to where these places needed specific municipal government. Hence Miami Gardens. It's RIGHT on the border with Broward County. As a matter of fact, Sun Life Stadium is like 5 mins on the 95 south of the Hard Rock in Hollywood. Whenever I go to the stadium that's the marker I use to know I'm nearby so I should slide on over to the right lane.

Last edited by a moderator:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Where the stadium is is actually quite north of Miami proper. It hasn't actually been considered "Miami" for decades. All the areas that make up Miami Gardens now were unincorporated towns/neighborhoods. Sometime in the late 90's/early 00's the population became substantial enough to where these places needed specific municipal government. Hence Miami Gardens.

:ohhh:
So why on tv was it always just Miami, FL until a few years ago? Laziness?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:ohhh:
So why on tv was it always just Miami, FL until a few years ago? Laziness?

Basically. It was easier to just have them fall under the general law of Miami's city government then starting up new political offices.

It was "technically" Miami, on official addresses and shyt. Miami Gardens is a brand new name. If you ask a Floridian where Miami Gardens is they might give you the :dwillhuh: but asking for Carol City or Opa-Locka and they'll send you on your way.....with a warning to be safe.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
BAB3sTnCIAEr2bJ.png

:laugh:

We need that C. Dot smiley.