Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh they got a young team, plus this isn't even as good as when they beat Dallas.

Those players will leave soon, and the great, elite players will never go or stay there(if they are drafted by them)

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no clue, but the NBA is very simple, the same teams win all the time, and The Warriors have never been and will never be one of these teams.

Pretty much making the playoffs, and putting up a good fight whilst getting knocked out in the first round, is the equivalent of a title for that team .

Underdogs, I can live with that :salute:

A welcome change from following Chelsea and being relieved when you win as opposed to being happy.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Underdogs, I can live with that :salute:

A welcome change from following Chelsea and being relieved when you win as opposed to being happy.

Yeah it's good, but after a while it's just dry as fukk, knowing your team has no chance to do anything worthwhile. At least with Football, there are Cup competitions.

Other than liking the game it's almost pointless being a fan of an NBA team, unless it's one of the big boys.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Rappers jumping on r'n'b songs is the fukking worst when you;re trying to look for actual decent remixes.
Those players will leave soon, and the great, elite players will never go or stay there(if they are drafted by them)
Nah.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it's good, but after a while it's just dry as fukk, knowing your team has no chance to do anything worthwhile. At least with Football, there are Cup competitions.

Other than liking the game it's almost pointless being a fan of an NBA team, unless it's one of the big boys.

But I thought American sports was supposed to be über-competitive with all its communist ways? :dwillhuh:

Aren't the Thunder a good example of a small team becoming good with smart management?

KOTK

Pro
Daps
But I thought American sports was supposed to be über-competitive with all its communist ways? :dwillhuh:

Aren't the Thunder a good example of a small team becoming good with smart management?
So are the Heetz. The "problem" is that quality players have an overbewaring influence on the games. You could argue it's problematic that Lakers were able to gewt Kobe, Gasol and nearly Chris Paul though. Before that, Wilt and Kareem tbf. Only other team you could criticize is maybe the KG to Boston trade being a tad sheisty.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

The NBA has the least parity of all the major sports. Teams that win titles typically win 2-3.

The parity is increasing, though. I find it hard to see the Heat winning this year, which would make three years of different champions. Not sure when's the last time that happened.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Golden State will be fine

They will have to trade one of Klay Thompson or stiff hips but thy good long term with the crew they have. They aren't good enough to do anything in the playoffs tho. They dont have that one superstar to set them apart. No one on that roster is that good to make a big enough difference, IMO.

Small market teams can compete if they have smart front offices but the first move is drafting that superstar player. The superstar player is always the hard piece to find.

Now if Bogut could comeback and be a 75 percent the player he was, the. They could be a problem.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Shoot, Memphis is a small market team and they probably the 2nd best team out west. The. You have OKC and San Antonio as well.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So are the Heetz. The "problem" is that quality players have an overbewaring influence on the games. You could argue it's problematic that Lakers were able to gewt Kobe, Gasol and nearly Chris Paul though. Before that, Wilt and Kareem tbf. Only other team you could criticize is maybe the KG to Boston trade being a tad sheisty.

Yeah good point. Although on the other hand every sport has marquee teams that will always be there or thereabouts. Doesn't stop other teams from making smart decisions and scouting properly. Bit of a cop-out to think otherwise tbh. Some of the contracts given out are just ludicrous.