Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Man ever since weed became legal in CO nikkas have just become reckless. Ppl at Xmas parties pulling out Js talking about the merits of different strains :dwillhuh:

This is with parents and relatives, kids, old ppl etc :mindblown:

I guess it's the most widely accepted drug so it's whatever :manny:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Man ever since weed became illegal in CO nikkas have just become reckless. Ppl at Xmas parties pulling out Js talking about the merits of different strains :dwillhuh:

This is with parents and relatives, kids, old ppl etc :mindblown:

I guess it's the most widely accepted drug so it's whatever :manny:
Next they'll be fukking said relatives, kids and pensioners up the arse with shards of broken glass, because that's the logical progression i'm inferring from your post.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Next they'll be fukking said relatives, kids and pensioners up the arse with shards of broken glass, because that's the logical progression i'm inferring from your post.

Not at all. If anything it's made senescent old men from the 60s minus talk freely about 'reefer cigarettes' and a more liberal attitude in regards which in general I guess I'm just not used to.

Sorta surreal honestly. I'm used to my friends smoking, not older ppl though. Things are a changin'.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Watched a documentary on Nollywood this morning, didn't know the Evangelical thing is so big out there in Nigeria.

And didn't know that so many of those films are pretty much just religious propaganda. Religious Africans are something else, they take it to a whole different level.

gif.png

Would you know what a typical Nigerian/other African church service is like?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
gif.png

Would you know what a typical Nigerian/other African church service is like?
it depends

if you goto an Evangelical church, its a lot of fire and brimstone like Southern Evangelical church services in America.

I went to a Nigerian Catholic wedding a few months ago, joint was soooo boring:zzz:

concise

Veteran
Daps
it depends

if you goto an Evangelical church, its a lot of fire and brimstone like Southern Evangelical church services in America.

I went to a Nigerian Catholic wedding a few months ago, joint was soooo boring:zzz:

:leon: they don't have the "sing songs and dance for at least 1 hour" version?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
my bad, yeah they do. They have the singing and dancing, LOTS of songs. (this African churches).

Most of the service is singing and dancing, lol.

but those fire and brimstone sermons are like Southern churches.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My fam is Methodist, and the services back home(Sierra Leone) were very stuffy, my peoples were part of the well to do group, so everything had to be "proper" and maintain a certain dignity.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Who actually knows anyone who is super religious nowadays? I haven't met a real religious person since hs and that's only cos I went to a catholic hs. Once everyone went to college people forgot all about that shyt.

I was honestly surprised at the amount of people who said they wouldn't date an atheist woman in that tlr thread a few weeks back.

There's a difference b/w being an atheist and not giving a fukk. Would rathe be the latter tbh.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Know a couple of people who are religious, went to school with one, the last person I expected to go that route, but he seems happy, he's not preaching that stuff to us, but he's super involved in his Church, and what not.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Been trying to cut down on the irony in the coming year.

Found myself and my friends speaking in nothing but bizarre pop culture references and no one was actually exhibiting true feelings on anything. plus we all display scathing sarcasm. Dunno, just feels like it could be better.

It's a coping mechanism :wow:

Me and my brehs made the change this year by un-ironically enjoying 90's eurodance.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
on the real, merry x-mas yall

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnYXgv7maws[/ame]

shiiiiiiiiiit, eurodance, italodance, happy hardcore, thats me 'ignorant attitude' music

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My family? damn near everyone

Most Nigerian folks I know are very religious too.

Friends and stuff? I know a few. I just refuse to talk religion with people, just as long as they dont with me. I dont care for it at all.