Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Got this Girl with the Dragon shyt on now. Fincher Da Gawd but it seems a bit shyte forty minutes in.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Didn't even know Nollywood existed. Look at em go, with their own wikipedia page and everything.

The cinema of Nigeria grew quickly in the 1990s and 2000s to become the second largest film industry in the world in terms of number of annual film productions, placing it ahead of the United States and behind the Indian film industry.

:ehh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That list says Xavi>Iniesta, so Im good. Thats a great list based solely off that (wont bother reading any more, thank you very much)

Watched a documentary on Nollywood this morning, didn't know the Evangelical thing is so big out there in Nigeria.

And didn't know that so many of those films are pretty much just religious propaganda. Religious Africans are something else, they take it to a whole different level.

you know when you see promotions on billboards for stuff like restaurants, TV shows, concerts, radio shows, etc?

You see that for religious revivals and church in Lagos (as well as the other stuff I mentioned before).

And yeah, a lot of the older Nollywood films are based around Christianity. Lots of people dying and the spirits bringing them back to life. Marriage in trouble until they speak to the Pastor or "Prophet" and everything is solved, etc.

A lot of the modern Nollywood films have moved away from that.

Didn't even know Nollywood existed. Look at em go, with their own wikipedia page and everything.

:ehh:
a lot of the stars do tours in the US during the summer.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
^^^Oh to live in a culturally diverse area :sadcam:

Imagine a bunch of nollywood africans in Denver :dead:

Eh, but you never know, whites may like that shyt.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
^^^Oh to live in a culturally diverse area :sadcam:

Imagine a bunch of nollywood africans in Denver :dead:

Eh, but you never know, whites may like that shyt.
they may tour there, tbh. I have no idea.

I know they go all over the country.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Being miserable really isn't that difficult, especially on days like this, going to the fukking Mall is just not the one, especially the malls in ethnic areas. And swear the Macy's in DC are in the only ones worth going, just a steaming pile of shyt at the ones in suburban Maryland.

And of course all these casual drinkers flood the liquor stores, scust at having to stand in line for 20 minutes to purchase my Baileys, because these yahoos can't decide between whatever drink they saw their fave celeb drinking

Complaining I can believe in. fukk ethnic people shopping and part-time alcoholics. I'm in there twice a week.

ja rule was so easy to hate on though. dude had a Grease-themed video :why:

this reminds me of this song for some reason. no idea who they were, where they came from, or where they went (don't care either)

Smilez & Southstar - Tell Me - YouTube

american fashion was at an all time low in this era. absolutely atrocious. you had to dress like you were the 6th man on a d-league team to be fresh :russ:

Being called a Smilez and southstar ass nikka is still one of the more potent insults that can be thrown at someone down here. However big that song was where you guys are at, it was 10x in Florida. This is before Ross, Ace Hood, Khaled, Pretty Ricky, Flo Rida, Plies but after Trick Daddy and Trina and Slip-Slide had already Slipped and Slid (:whew:). Smilez and Southstar is all Florida had in this dark age. Other than that we were dikkriding that ATL crunk shyt heavy acting like it was our own.

Klose not in the Top 100? It's trash.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you know when you see promotions on billboards for stuff like restaurants, TV shows, concerts, radio shows, etc?

You see that for religious revivals and church in Lagos (as well as the other stuff I mentioned before).

And yeah, a lot of the older Nollywood films are based around Christianity. Lots of people dying and the spirits bringing them back to life. Marriage in trouble until they speak to the Pastor or "Prophet" and everything is solved, etc.

A lot of the modern Nollywood films have moved away from that.

Didn't realize the volume of films they pump out, my lord, one director did over a 150 of them features in 10 years:dwillhuh:

Why don't you go back there, and start making that Nolly guap guap

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
only in an ironic way.

Been trying to cut down on the irony in the coming year.

Found myself and my friends speaking in nothing but bizarre pop culture references and no one was actually exhibiting true feelings on anything. plus we all display scathing sarcasm. Dunno, just feels like it could be better.

It's a coping mechanism :wow:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Didn't realize the volume of films they pump out, my lord, one director did over a 150 of them features in 10 years:dwillhuh:

Why don't you go back there, and start making that Nolly guap guap
good question.:ehh:

Dont think my idea of film would work there.