Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Rodri being out weakens their set piece defending and that they cannot replace that within the squad unless putting Stones in the Rodri role. But we all know Stones isn't durable enough to play week in week out.

Could put Gundogan there but then Citeh lose the box crashing element of Gundogan game.

Not to mention KDB is an offensive threat but he's not box to box. Rodri is the key to their entire transition as well. KDB/Foden/Bernardo doesn't get the ball in dangerous positions without Rodri. Kovacic is NOT as progressive as Rodri nor does he get away with the same skullduggery.

I don't see how people can say arguably the best holding mid in the world for at least 3 years is "not a big loss".

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Not to mention KDB is an offensive threat but he's not box to box. Rodri is the key to their entire transition as well. KDB/Foden/Bernardo doesn't get the ball in dangerous positions without Rodri. Kovacic is NOT as progressive as Rodri nor does he get away with the same skullduggery.

I don't see how people can say arguably the best holding mid in the world for at least 3 years is "not a big loss".
It’s just lazy posting is what it is.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Don't want to see anyone injured, unless they play for Tottenham, so I hope he recovers soon.
a-time-to-kill-burn-in-hell.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Bernardo can do anything lol. Foden and KDB aren't even trusted due to their lack of defensive IQ. That's why Foden until last season never been played centrally apart from false 9. KDB is broken and never been great defensively anyway. Kovacic is more a ball carrier. And we have to remember it took Rodri at least 2 seasons to find his feet. Getting snubbed in the 2021 CL Final was probably the making of him at Citeh as he's gone from strength to strength ever since.

Pep is so good at adapting that people think its a given he'll adjust and make it work. But this isn't just any player who can be replaced. It's the player in the position that is most key to make Pepball work.