Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Sir Alex Ferguson calls for Swansea captain Ashley Williams to be suspended after ball-kicking incident involving Robin Van Persie. #SSN

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
"It's most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for years. He could've been killed and I think the FA has got to look at it" #SSN

:heh:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Rooney has to thank God every night that he was born in England.

Dude is looking like Forlan during his United run.

:heh:

Yeah, it's not like he's a top 5 striker ever to play in the EPL

:aicmon:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
ja rule was so easy to hate on though. dude had a Grease-themed video :why:
oh nah, I didnt like that turn he took. I aint like that shyt at all. I didnt like Ja Rule, and didnt like most of the music he put out.

But in that period, he was probably the biggest hit maker in all genres of music. He was writing music for everyone and turning out top 10 hits.

these bammas :deadmanny:

Altho "you were perfect like Illmatic" :lawd:

this had to be the most contrived hip hop act ever. I bet there was some tryouts to be the in that duo like Makin the Band.

american fashion was at an all time low in this era. absolutely atrocious. you had to dress like you were the 6th man on a d-league team to be fresh :russ:
yeah, from 2001 until JayZ started wearing button down shirts (and this is 100 percent true, its the only bit of fashion I give JayZ true props for because that shyt changed overnight) those big ass velour suits and oversized fitteds were the look. Then you had the throwback jerseys, which were a cool novelty at first but it went overboard. But yeah, those early 2000s fashions :scusthov:. I know I have some embarrassing pictures in some of the fukkery that was out back then.

the sad thing is Ashley Williams is about to get a 6 match ban because Fergie called for it.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ja rule was so easy to hate on though. dude had a Grease-themed video :why:

this reminds me of this song for some reason. no idea who they were, where they came from, or where they went (don't care either)

Smilez & Southstar - Tell Me - YouTube

american fashion was at an all time low in this era. absolutely atrocious. you had to dress like you were the 6th man on a d-league team to be fresh :russ:

:russ: I remember reading about these guys in the Source( :dead: ) around the time this song came out. They were from Orlando. Most random hip hop duo ever. Don't think they ever made another relevant song but this one goes.

[ame=http://youtu.be/a6pxu8rZo5Y]Jennifer Lopez - All I Have (Feat. LL Cool J) (Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

A sappy, holiday themed hit. The random Lennox Lewis appearance. LL's last era of semi-relavence.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
oh nah, I didnt like that turn he took. I aint like that shyt at all. I didnt like Ja Rule, and didnt like most of the music he put out.

But in that period, he was probably the biggest hit maker in all genres of music. He was writing music for everyone and turning out top 10 hits.

these bammas :deadmanny:

Altho "you were perfect like Illmatic" :lawd:

this had to be the most contrived hip hop act ever. I bet there was some tryouts to be the in that duo like Makin the Band.

yeah, from 2001 until JayZ started wearing button down shirts (and this is 100 percent true, its the only bit of fashion I give JayZ true props for because that shyt changed overnight) those big ass velour suits and oversized fitteds were the look. Then you had the throwback jerseys, which were a cool novelty at first but it went overboard. But yeah, those early 2000s fashions :scusthov:. I know I have some embarrassing pictures in some of the fukkery that was out back then.

the sad thing is Ashley Williams is about to get a 6 match ban because Fergie called for it.
dudes went from dressing like the diplomats to just having a closet full of dipset type clothes :heh:
when people complain about the fashions of today, i usually take that to mean they're mad that they spent all that money on jerseys, headbands, and 38-waist jeans with negro league insignia on it and still haven't recouped

btw the best part of that smilez/southstar video was when the black rapper's girl gets mad because he waves at that 40 year old white chick. the white lady is awkward as fukk and clearly a resource counselor at his high school and his girl is like :pacspit:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even the transition to button ups was awful. Brehs would rock oversized button ups, oversized jeans, white a1's and a fitted :scusthov:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
dudes went from dressing like the diplomats to just having a closet full of dipset type clothes :heh:
when people complain about the fashions of today, i usually take that to mean they're mad that they spent all that money on jerseys, headbands, and 38-waist jeans with negro league insignia on it and still haven't recouped

btw the best part of that smilez/southstar video was when the black rapper's girl gets mad because he waves at that 40 year old white chick. the white lady is awkward as fukk and clearly a resource counselor at his high school and his girl is like :pacspit:
I have no proof, but im convinced they were a made up act. They were from Orlando too, im sure Lou Pearlman had something to do with them. There is no way that group was natural.

Thats probably why they disappeared. That was the last time rap fans could suss out something that is fake.

edit: holy shyt, they were formed by Lou Pearlman :gladbron:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/statusainthood/2008/05/the_spectacular.php
He also essentially owned half the Tiger Beat entities who made runs at TRL back when TRL was something worth making a run at: LFO, O-Town, Aaron Carter, the briefly revived former New Kid Jordan Knight, the fascinatingly horrible Orlando rap duo Smilez and Southstar.

damn, Big Lou is doing a bid. I need a Smilez and Soutstar reunion to talk about big homie Lou doing that bid.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Even the transition to button ups was awful. Brehs would rock oversized button ups, oversized jeans, white a1's and a fitted :scusthov:
with a blazer :russ:

*owned a blazer I wore specifically for these outings :snoop:*

I cant remember when, but some point after college I stopped caring about what was "hot."

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Remember thinking this shyt was hot.

73261598.gif