Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
all of these songs except the jaheim dnb are trash :mindblown:

i hated early 2000s r&b, my god it was hot garbage. the only time i fukked with those sappy records was when a band hit them in a gogo :salute:

except this tune, ashanti hit a pocket on this one :leon:

Ashanti-Happy - YouTube

I never felt this song :mjpls:

I was one of those that thought Ashanti>>Beyonce, in terms of who I would bonk, back in like 2002-2003. My bruhs were on some, "she got sideburns yung :scusthov:"

me: :comeon:

It's worse now, cause the cable music channels we had back then were better, and if you knew where to look, you easily found alternatives.

Would much rather go back to that era, when Black music actually sounded like Black music,when major actually had artist who weren't just platinum selling, and when we had record stores, not fukking target and the likes. Yes things started to get a bit stupid in that era, but it was actually good. shyt LIKE THIS WAS ACTUALLY GETTING PLAYED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUtf_Q4dg9Q

I love the internet and all, but this easy access to everything has kinda fukked things
I wouldnt really count this one, but my god this was good.

that album gets a lot of unfair hate.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
i agree that many things were more enjoyable then. record stores :lawd: used to spend many a night in there just digging as a lonesome teen

but be honest, you see Baby Phat as good because 1) it's De La 2) it's not the weirdo shyt we hear on WPGC today. but when that song came out, lotta cats were :shaq2: at that shyt, it doesn't hold a candle to earlier de la

but to show you that i feel your argument in part, i do marvel at how un-grimey the radio got. Blackout! was released in 1999, and one of the hardest songs out has Ja Rule and LL. LL always had a soft side, so he didn't get crucified for churning out J Lo hits, but Ja went from Jay, X, Meth and Red to J Lo and Ashanti :scusthov:

i guess my problem was not so much the music itself, but just that you were forced to listen to it if you wanted to hear hip hop. like i said, we were bombarded
honestly, this was the point where I started to tune out mainstream black music unless it was from my goto artists.

I dug the production on fabolous' cut, but I couldnt stand him as a rapper. But all these brehs wanted to look like him, and it astounded me.

I started to lose it with JayZ around this time as well, and everything was produced by the Neptunes. It got annoying fast.

But there were A LOT more good songs back then than now.

Something changed between 99 and 20002 in black music because there were some HARD records on the radio back in that period but then in the early 2000s it became all R&B infused to today where its mostly European pop influenced shyt.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That JayZ/Kelly album was awful, and im not defending it... but tell me this song didnt go at a party back in 2001-2003

:lawd:

this joint wasnt on that album, but it was pretaay pretay good

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtQqsK21r_k"]R Kelly Fiesta Remix - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Fat bytch is such a great track.

MTV Base is the worst channel in chrstendom. Back when they had The Foundation on it was piff.

On to the fifth season of the sopranos. Pretty sure that I know all the major deaths coming up. Cool show, will never feel it like The Shield/The Wire though. I'm not sure I'd compare it too favorably to Mad Men either based on what I've seen of that. I want more Silvio. I know characters have to be flawed but sometimes I feel like most these characters are too irredeemable. Big TS's romances are too ridiculous to take seriously tbh, and there's no frisson of danger like when Vic stuck Forrest's bush. Too much of a power imbalance. shyt like where Paulie and Chris kill the waiter after they were abut to fight each other and he fits is hilarious, and kind of interesting to contrast to the horror of when Paulie kills his grandmother's friend. Mostly though I just find the episodes are often too self-contained.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
this joint :ohlawd:

I still bump this on my iphone.

This was my favorite Fablous single

Fabolous - Can't Deny It (Ft. Nate Dogg) - YouTube

I remember being in Coney Island during the summer of 2001 when this joint was heat:whoo:

It was always playing outside.

The video hoe in this joint too :ohlawd:
I wanted to marry her :ahh:

Fab had some good shyt when he first came out. My fave

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4gXkpt6jPE"]Fabolous - Can't Let You Go featuring Mike Shorey & Lil' - YouTube[/ame]

Fab and Lil Mo was an automatic hit.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It's weird. In the early 00's black music just became super cheery. It's like nikkas just woke up overflowing with joy smelling sunflowers and shyt.

Even the gully songs sounded just downright pleasant.

All the early 00's said to me is that Diddy won. It was shiny suit music minus the shiny suits. Which is a shame, as shiny suits are fantastic. When I blow as a progressive house dj, I'm going by the name Bonafied Lovin and rocking shiny suits.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It's weird. In the early 00's black music just became super cheery. It's like nikkas just woke up overflowing with joy smelling sunflowers and shyt.

Jadakiss ft. Styles P - We Gonna Make It - YouTube

All the early 00's said to me is that Diddy won. It was shiny suit music minus the shiny suits. Which is a shame, as shiny suits are fantastic. When I blow as a progressive house dj, I'm going by the name Bonafied Lovin and rocking shiny suits.
this song :ohlawd:

thats a banger in any era

Fab had some good shyt when he first came out. My fave

Fabolous - Can't Let You Go featuring Mike Shorey & Lil' - YouTube

Fab and Lil Mo was an automatic hit.

yeah, I remember this one.

Ive never been a big Fab fan.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins

Jadakiss ft. Styles P - We Gonna Make It - YouTube

Whole Kiss the Game goodbye went hard tho.

yeah, I remember this one.

Ive never been a big Fab fan.

I wan't a big fan, but he made good jams for ladies.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
this song :ohlawd:

thats a banger in any era

I miss this Alchemist. He seems obsessed with making shyt that sounds like half-empty bottles of Budweiser rattling down a sewer pipe.

Also, I've thought for about three minutes and come to the conclusion that "fukk. The. Frail. shyt." is second only to "I ain't a killer but don't push me" as the greatest first line in any song of any genre of all time. FTFS is especially special as it happens within like 5 seconds of the song starting.

Carlssons on the jeep, Bugatti made the prototype :wow:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
The best thing about watching he sopranos has been the suits actually.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think the deaths of Big, Pac, and to a lesser degree Big L is what made everything into a big time party in the early 2000s. People were tired of being gloomy

Plus this was the first time cats were signing million dollar record deals and making big money.

In fairness, that was American culture pre-dotcom bust. "Everyone" was rich and were partying. Then the downturn happened and 9/11.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
There's too much to know :mindblown:

I meant to link you to different competitions too because invariably people always ask about how competitions are run, how the league table works, relegation, promotion, qualifying for europe etc. But some of that I reckon is rather basic.

I actually had a difficult time explaining champions league qualification and the away goals rule to my roommate the other day. He just looked at me the whole time like :dwillhuh: