Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
never once did i own a throwback or authentic jersey, jeans with logos on them, velour tracksuits

i was heavy into the sneakerhead stuff in late HS and college tho. it was a total reaction to the oversized and layered look that pen described. i came back one summer wearing smedium t shirts, fitted jeans, a snapback hat and multi colored dunks. while i wouldn't wear most of my clothes from then today, i'm not ashamed of them.

i came really close many times to splurging on an authentic or girbauds or something. :whew:
I rocked the jerseys and had a couple velour suits. I was really not into that shyt but then college happened and I felt I had to fit in some way :snoop:

Still
wXCc8.gif

:comeon: Akademiks.

I feel you on Clue and Fab but that Oh Boy video was such a catalyst for so much fuccery. Cam had been gone for so long we just o'd.

:snoop: the velour suits with the towel and headband
yeah, I wasnt about that wristband, headband life. That was weird to me.

Throwbacks were cool but then the jerseys started getting real odd. Edmonton Eskimos throwbacks :usure:

I'm have to disagree slightly. Rocking extra tight lavender jeans ain't my thing but at least it was creative and you can be yourself. Back then we were all lost.
you think they are being creative now? :comeon:

Its all trends.

And one thing I notice about this area, we have never been into baggy, oversized clothes, always been a fitted town.
we weren't as baggy as NY and Bmore, but it was pretty bad :ld:, especially in the counties where the public schools have more out of towners

and at the peak of the glitter headbands and hoodies with drop socks and rubberbands, dudes were saggin heavy.

also i'm not sure how old you are but if you weren't in high school for at least part of this era, you obviously didn't see the worst of it

we were def on that super baggy shyt. Thats just flat out untrue.

We R One, Madness, HOBO, etc. They sold Luxe T shirts (which were super baggy) and had those ridiculous shorts and sweat pants.

DC has always been a New Balance area tho, altho ive always liked adidas.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
so the songs of this era have nothing on the songs of that era (well, 5-7 years back), or is it just the generational gap, already?

I remember people hating on the songs of that era. We just forget all the trash and remember the good stuff. Only time the trash gets brought up is when we poke fun at it

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we weren't as baggy as NY and Bmore, but it was pretty bad :ld:, especially in the counties where the public schools have more out of towners

and at the peak of the glitter headbands and hoodies with drop socks and rubberbands, dudes were saggin heavy.

also i'm not sure how old you are but if you weren't in high school for at least part of this era, you obviously didn't see the worst of it

Maybe you was around bammas, shyt like wasn't the norm, it was the exception. Yeah i would the Blazer and button up guys, but that was really it. The Jersey thing, didn't much, and if I did it was of the long sleeved football ones, that for most part looked pretty good.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We R One, Madness, HOBO, etc. They sold Lux T shirts (which were super baggy) and had those ridiculous shorts.

Maybe in that part of PG, but in my part of PG, NW, we were'nt dressing like that.

Yeah them brands were popular, but I didn't see that many people rocking oversized baggy shyt.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Maybe you was around bammas, shyt like wasn't the norm, it was the exception. Yeah i would the Blazer and button up guys, but that was really it. The Jersey thing, didn't much, and if I did it was of the long sleeved football ones, that for most part looked pretty good.

:rudy:

every gogo musician, the top of whom were the real tastemakers in the area, was rocking baggy ass We R One, Madness, DDtP, etc

edit: i guess DDtP is a lil before this era, same shyt

Montez

Superstar
Daps
18-20 year olds thinking we were "Grown and sexy" :mindblown:

and yeah, the liquor stuff was even worse. People would walk around with Crown Royal bottles they spent the rest of their refund check on. :russ:

The liquor dikkriding still goes on today tho.

when this shyt started to get popular, thats when I started to ask questions.

I remember that ugly shyt, but then folks had the fake teams on their jackets or jeans too. That was the true nadir.

Had girls wearing halter tops with "New York" and "Chicago" and "Miami" all over it. :whoa:

:deadmanny::deadmanny:

Pen bringing up them logos on jeans :damn: My God. With timbs.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Where can I go to learn the basics of soccer? I sometimes tune in but I don't really know what's going on.

There's too much to know :mindblown:

you should only know how much you want to know

its not too hard. the ball is round. 11 v 11. keepers, defense, midfielders, strikers.

of course the easiest thing to do, since there's no overlap with american sports, just weekend mornings with the english league. for example boxing day (26th) is a big soccer day in the uk and there'll be games all day

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Maybe in that part of PG, but in my part of PG, NW, we were'nt dressing like that.

Yeah them brands were popular, but I didn't see that many people rocking oversized baggy shyt.

you're on one here. I remember seeing Backyard, UCB, TCB, and every other popular gogo band rocking LuxeT shirts. I remember seeing people rocking the Madness headbands that you tied up and the big shorts and sweats with slouch socks and some 996s.

Those were big in the area.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah we always rocked sweats, shorts(but not the ones coming down to our ankles) and all the local wears, but for most part people in this area, weren't ridiculous with xxxxxxxl type shyt.

And maybe cause I graduated in 2000, so I didn't see as much as your did. But a size bigger isn't baggy or oversized. I'll the main style for a long time here, was comfortable and loose, but not baggy to me. I really after about 02, didn't really many people rocking Hobo, Madness. That was more of a High School, and middle school thing

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I contemplated going out to do some last minute shopping(gift for moms & Unlce) but fukk that, work got me drain, i'll leave that shyt to tomorrow.

Bright and early day, got hit up the barbershop too, can't stand this time of the year(other than the holiday bonus. Gotta work on Christmas too

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We all know the biggest tune from that era, surprised no one has posted it, and I hated them R Kelly and Jay-Z tunes, even tho I bought the album, used to buys music like crazy. Damn I miss record shops, was so spoiled for choice.

But the big big tune from that period

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcDXJfAFVw[/ame]