Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
It's true:manny:

DV5lJ.png

I think you're right. These footballers don't get enough credit, they could die at any moment on the pitch.

Here we all were thinking that Nasri was just a p*ssy when in reality he was saving his own life :ohhh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Rooney has to thank God every night that he was born in England.

Dude is looking like Forlan during his United run.

nah, Rooney aint been the same since his transfer request a few years back. He should have left instead of staying for more money. His career has stagnated at UTD.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
btw I can't believe you guys are talking about early 2000s music and there is no mention of neo soul in here :smh:

>>>>>>>> hippoty hop

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
AT the time my instincts said that shyt was questionable but everyone had them joints.

fukk Dipset. :pacspit:

I wont blame everything on them, but they were def a major issue at that time.

Fab and Clue were why those super big fitted and velours were hot. I didnt like them shyts at all, but I was young and impressionable and thought I understood why Akademics was spelled that way. :why:

The only trend I genuinely liked and would still do today are the throwback jerseys. I wouldnt rock them all the time back then (you used to be able to rock a jersey in some nice DC clubs :snoop:) but once in a while aint bad.

Everything else tho :whoa:

but nah, what we were rocking back then is way better than this New Wave/Punk/Hipster thing the yungins are wearing now.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Those years were a lowpoint of fashion in my life. Velour track suits, du rags, du rags under fitted caps, jorts, jerseys.

I think AI had a lot of influence on me though during those years, and of course dipset.

I remember going to Harlem when my fam went to NYC one year for a trip and went to the shops around there and thinking they had the coolest shyt and their fashion was lightyears ahead of anything I'd ever seen.

My purchase was a black pair of jean shorts with every NBA team logo patch stitched on the legs and a pair of AF1s. I was stuntinnnnn :smugfavre:

:sadcam:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:lolbron:

Every thing was "Grown and Sexy."

Only thing worse than the fashion dikkriding was the liquor dikkriding.
18-20 year olds thinking we were "Grown and sexy" :mindblown:

and yeah, the liquor stuff was even worse. People would walk around with Crown Royal bottles they spent the rest of their refund check on. :russ:

The liquor dikkriding still goes on today tho.

My purchase was a black pair of jean shorts with every NBA team logo patch stitched on the legs and a pair of AF1s. I was stuntinnnnn :smugfavre:
when this shyt started to get popular, thats when I started to ask questions.

I remember that ugly shyt, but then folks had the fake teams on their jackets or jeans too. That was the true nadir.

Had girls wearing halter tops with "New York" and "Chicago" and "Miami" all over it. :whoa:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
never once did i own a throwback or authentic jersey, jeans with logos on them, velour tracksuits

i was heavy into the sneakerhead stuff in late HS and college tho. it was a total reaction to the oversized and layered look that pen described. i came back one summer wearing smedium t shirts, fitted jeans, a snapback hat and multi colored dunks. while i wouldn't wear most of my clothes from then today, i'm not ashamed of them.

i came really close many times to splurging on an authentic or girbauds or something. :whew:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
and HOW CAN WE FORGET THE JERSEY DRESS

i saw a retarded girl rocking a jersey dress last year, and it was a bootleg. said PHILDAELPHIA on it, not SIXERS or PHILA :laugh:

but mariah in that wizards joint :lawd:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those years were a lowpoint of fashion in my life. Velour track suits, :

Nothing wrong with sweat suits, long as they aren't the oversized nonsense. Was never into trends, never did the jersey, sports wear thing, never did oversized anything. Didn't care for Air Forces, was strictly a New Balance and low key Nike man.

Non of my peoples ever did the jersey thing, sportwear thing. Real DC area peeps weren't rocking with that style. And one thing I notice about this area, we have never been into baggy, oversized clothes, always been a fitted town.

The only trend I got into was the white tees, and in this area that started around 98, and it was never the oversized garbage, strictly fitted White tees.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I wont blame everything on them, but they were def a major issue at that time.

Fab and Clue were why those super big fitted and velours were hot. I didnt like them shyts at all, but I was young and impressionable and thought I understood why Akademics was spelled that way. :why:

:comeon: Akademiks.

I feel you on Clue and Fab but that Oh Boy video was such a catalyst for so much fuccery. Cam had been gone for so long we just o'd.

:snoop: the velour suits with the towel and headband

The only trend I genuinely liked and would still do today are the throwback jerseys. I wouldnt rock them all the time back then (you used to be able to rock a jersey in some nice DC clubs :snoop:) but once in a while aint bad.

Everything else tho :whoa:

but nah, what we were rocking back then is way better than this New Wave/Punk/Hipster thing the yungins are wearing now.

Throwbacks were cool but then the jerseys started getting real odd. Edmonton Eskimos throwbacks :usure:

I'm have to disagree slightly. Rocking extra tight lavender jeans ain't my thing but at least it was creative and you can be yourself. Back then we were all lost.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
so the songs of this era have nothing on the songs of that era (well, 5-7 years back), or is it just the generational gap, already?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Nothing wrong with sweat suits, long as they aren't the oversized nonsense. Was never into trends, never did the jersey, sports wear thing, never did oversized anything. Didn't care for Air Forces, was strictly a New Balance and low key Nike man.

Non of my peoples ever did the jersey thing, sportwear thing. Real DC area peeps weren't rocking with that style. And one thing I notice about this area, we have never been into baggy, oversized clothes, always been a fitted town.

The only trend I got into was the white tees, and in this area that started around 98, and it was never the oversized garbage, strictly fitted White tees.
we weren't as baggy as NY and Bmore, but it was pretty bad :ld:, especially in the counties where the public schools have more out of towners

and at the peak of the glitter headbands and hoodies with drop socks and rubberbands, dudes were saggin heavy.

also i'm not sure how old you are but if you weren't in high school for at least part of this era, you obviously didn't see the worst of it