Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Country before club always :ufdup: I missed my Super Eagles :mjcry:

If your country ain't shyt, that's on you :manny: best believe we been fiendin to get these AFCON qualifiers done :blessed:

International football is just plain tired and stale.

I dont even know the last Tournament I cared about or enjoyed.

International footy is basically a cure for insomnia. And club football aint much better either

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The qualifying process for international tournaments is trash and I hate that it interferes with domestic football.

Wenger is urging the game's governing body to turn their attention to bringing in uniform scheduling.

"It's my dream you know, it's not a dream I share with many people at the moment but I just think I have the advantage of having worked in Japan," Wenger, who managed Nagoya Grampus Eight in the mid 1990s, told beIN SPORTS.

"We played from March until November and it was perfect. You would not have anymore 'he won the Championship in season 2018-19.' No, the championship was won in 2018 or 2019 and in 2020.

"In fact, I believe as well, we have to re-organise completely the calendar. In FIFA, with [president Gianni] Infantino, we try to make meeting with all the stakeholders of the game to completely reorganise the calendar year, because you have to plan in the future where you may have to travel less."

March - November season might be the move :ohhh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Why do the Dutch always seem to hire these awful managers. FDB, Blind, checked out flabby n sick Hiddink, Van Basten, etc...

Because they want to show the world they have the trophy wife. But she doesn't cook clean iron or do ass to mouth.

It's either got to Ajax related or an old retread of someone who use to win back in the 80-90's. Basically stuck in nostalgia.

The decline of Holland: how Dutch are doomed by total obsession with past | Priya Ramesh

Always felt Dutch players and managers hate the national team.

The problem is everyone thinks they are right. No common ground or willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the collective.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The qualifying process for international tournaments is trash and I hate that it interferes with domestic football.

Nah no football over Christmas is shyt. And it will give the clubs excuses to play money spinning tours. And you know exactly how that ends.

Daps

For me it's a no, there would be no football over the christmas period, which is a big selling point for selling the EPl around the world
Christmas and new year would be so boring with out it
Would rather keep it as it is with June and July the months off which is summer when you are out busy doing things anyway

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Football is a game of fine margins. Sometimes officials can get it wrong in tight calls which shouldn’t raise the suspicion of onlookers. Example Eto being slightly offside against Arsenal in 2006. Luis Garcia’s goal against Chelsea. And so on.

But the criminal decisions that Barcelona and Real Madrid has had over the years has been disgusting. Van Persie’s Red Card. 2009 Chelsea-Barcelona game at the Bridge. Bayern v Madrid 2017 referee decisions. Ramos butchering Salah, Ramos failing drug test and I can’t remember which final it was but he should have been sent off in one of finals against Atletico. And Barcelona got some ridiculous calls against AC Milan; it was 2012 I think.

The corruption of Spanish footballers and Spanish football has no bounds. I know it will never happen, but Spanish Sports especially football from 2008-2014 was a drug tainted era, the Spanish club and national team dominance is and was highly questionable. If the truth came out, no doubt the national team and Spanish clubs would be stripped of their titles. They completely dominated Champions League, Europa and international football at levels never seen before.

I won’t even touch Messi taking HGH during his development phase, the greatest cheat code in human history. Why this isn’t talked about I will never understand, HGH is a magical substance especially regarding neurological development
Damn at the Messi hgh reference
Now that you mention it it’s pretty wild at barber bring it up l lol

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

How do you form a stacked team like this and then give an immature donkey like Guendouzi the captaincy? :russ:

Especially Italy but many of the European teams give the band to the most capped player. Which is in France's case Guendouzi. I think Aouar was the captain but he withdrew and Guendozi was already named as the vice

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Football is a game of fine margins. Sometimes officials can get it wrong in tight calls which shouldn’t raise the suspicion of onlookers. Example Eto being slightly offside against Arsenal in 2006. Luis Garcia’s goal against Chelsea. And so on.

But the criminal decisions that Barcelona and Real Madrid has had over the years has been disgusting. Van Persie’s Red Card. 2009 Chelsea-Barcelona game at the Bridge. Bayern v Madrid 2017 referee decisions. Ramos butchering Salah, Ramos failing drug test and I can’t remember which final it was but he should have been sent off in one of finals against Atletico. And Barcelona got some ridiculous calls against AC Milan; it was 2012 I think.

The corruption of Spanish footballers and Spanish football has no bounds. I know it will never happen, but Spanish Sports especially football from 2008-2014 was a drug tainted era, the Spanish club and national team dominance is and was highly questionable. If the truth came out, no doubt the national team and Spanish clubs would be stripped of their titles. They completely dominated Champions League, Europa and international football at levels never seen before.

I won’t even touch Messi taking HGH during his development phase, the greatest cheat code in human history. Why this isn’t talked about I will never understand, HGH is a magical substance especially regarding neurological development

:whew::banderas:

Iker Casillas having a heart attack...

I didn't even know about the Sergio Ramos failed test. Pep got binned for drugs as a player and he had issues with doctors at Bayern.

Nani's red card against Real Madrid is another.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:whew::banderas:

Iker Casillas having a heart attack...

I didn't even know about the Sergio Ramos failed test. Pep got binned for drugs as a player and he had issues with doctors at Bayern.

Nani's red card against Real Madrid is another.

He had issues with the Blood Doctor to the Stars Muller-Wohlfahrt. Something about pots kettles and ....

'Spain thwarted drug cheat crackdown'

Dr Fuentes is doing a TV interview which is being released next week. Now his doping and football goes back up till to 2006. Before the fallout. But the best bit is doping in sport not against the law in Spain in 2006-2007.

The Dark Worlds of Barcelona & Real Madrid

It's a shame they caught Dr Fuentes too early. It gave Spanish sport/FA the heads up to make their doping programme more secretive.

Ewan MacKenna: Murky questions surround Spanish football's golden era - and people might not like the answers

Last edited: