Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah I think I'll agree with you, with the amount of money in the game some teams will definitely be trying to get an advantage off the pitch.

And Spain teams domestic & international love to try and get the advantage on the pitch, ( trying to get players sent off etc ) what's stopping them trying off the pitch

I know of one person on here who was constantly accusing Liverpool of doping all last season :russ:

All this is an eye opener to me, Ramos failing a drug test etc .

I bet Rio regrets missing his drug test what got him a 9 month ban if he could have got away with it being with the biggest club in England and arguably the world at the time.
All though rumours at the time was because he would have failed because of beak not a performance enhancing drug

The whole TUE became more known after the Fancy Bear hacks a few years back. And then it started coming out that loads of athletes had TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) and were using for more sinister reasons than medical like asthma and certain painkillers. Like using it to mask what they were really taking.

So the whole Ramos fiasco according to Real and UEFA is that the doctor forgot to do the paperwork for the TUE.

Uefa: Ramos' positive doping test after CL final an 'admin mistake'

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
At least they are keeping it like our first team with waistcoat in charge
only shot on target for us was a set piece, which is shockingly bad

Let's not get excited about the euros this summer, watching them play will be about as exciting as the match I've just watched

Waistcoats problem is that he doesnt know how to tweak his set ups and once they go wrong he goes from one extreme to the other. The 433 was working fine but as soon as they lost to Holland and the Czechs he went to being pragmatic and needing 7 defenders in the team. When it was more personnel issue. Even before the World Cup he was using 343 vs Brasil and Germany and it looked good because England didnt have to dominate the possession and could play on the counter. But as soon as the World Cup came around he played 352 and basically his attacking midfield players were off the ball runners and no creator. The creating was coming from Trippier and set pieces.

And Boothroyd is a bottom half of the table Championship manager. Who should of been sacked after the last Euros. His teams play shyt football when he was a league manager and that isnt going to improve just because you have better players now.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I just thought of it. I think the reason being Butt got over looked because of the Salford connection.

Would not surprise me if Salford is part of the reasoning. I’m real interested in seeing if they replace him internally, externally, or even at all. I can see them just giving his duties to Fletcher to save a few bucks.

Daps
[QUOTE="Kunty McPhuck, post: 41362933, member: 105"

And Boothroyd is a bottom half of the table Championship manager. Who should of been sacked after the last Euros. His teams play shyt football when he was a league manager and that isnt going to improve just because you have better players now.[/QUOTE]

That's how I see Waistcoat but a bottom 6 Premier League manager
I've never had faith in him, even before the World Cup i didnt want him
Yeah i know he got rid of all the old players like Rooney ( which you have pointed out before ) but anyone could see he was done as a footballer at that level
His football ideas are so boring, no creativity and no ideas, all his goals or goal attempts mostly come from set pieces, just like a relegation fighting team
To me he is just another Pulis, Fat Sam type of manager

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That's how I see Waistcoat but a bottom 6 Premier League manager
I've never had faith in him, even before the World Cup i didnt want him
Yeah i know he got rid of all the old players like Rooney ( which you have pointed out before ) but anyone could see he was done as a footballer at that level
His football ideas are so boring, no creativity and no ideas, all his goals or goal attempts mostly come from set pieces, just like a relegation fighting team
To me he is just another Pulis, Fat Sam type of manager

If he could organise team defending like those 2 i would be more hopeful. Set Pieces are the only thing he is on par with them on.

Waistcoat is better suited in football administrator role than as a coach. As he gets it what needs to be done as a long term vision youth and understanding of an identity. But he doesnt have the charisma/appeal to transmit it to the players and execute it as coach. And the fact that he doesnt trust creative maverick players and rather have a team of players who'll give that good ol English/British valiant effort and we all knows how that story ends just shows he is the same as all the other England managers before him. And his quote about wanting Churchill but got Ian Duncan Smith instead about Sven also applies to him.

Last edited:
Daps
Why do they wear them shytty surgical face masks ?
Surely Nike could supply some nice ones with the Nike logo on them