Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
La Liga made a call and engineered this. They know how fukked they are if Messi leaves. That revenue sharing deal looks a little fuzzy if Real Madrid and Barca are still getting separate deals from the rest of the league without a global superstar between either of them.

Between Rona and the old King shenanigans, if Midget Overlord left as well. Might as well give Spain a viking funeral.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
That Netherlands vs Poland game looking nice. Hopefully DvdB plays. I haven't watched him play in a while.

I fully expect Canada to leap frog the US in the coming years. The growing immigrant/black Canadian population will be a big part of that.

The African diaspora in Canada already has an affinity to soccer. Couple that with access to proper facilities and lack of competition/interest from other sports (Basketball, Football etc) and Canada has a strong foundation to ascend in soccer.

Fikayo Tomori if I remember could have also represented Canada (in addition to Nigeria :francis:)

I think in the next 5-10 years will be critical for Canada concerning it's soccer development.

The USA should be OK. You guys have a good crop of youngins; Dest, Mckinnnie, Reyna, Adams. My one issue with America is thier playing style, alot of hard running and effort but not enough tactical knowledge. I remember watching our 2-0 win over you guys and I was shocked at how poor USA’s ball retention was. Saw the same thing in the Gold Cup final and the friendly with England’s B team. A european coach may be needed.

If we can get to a point where we can consistently get results vs USA and Mexico, I’ll feel like we've turned the corner.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
That Netherlands vs Poland game looking nice. Hopefully DvdB plays. I haven't watched him play in a while.

I fully expect Canada to leap frog the US in the coming years. The growing immigrant/black Canadian population will be a big part of that.

The African diaspora in Canada already has an affinity to soccer. Couple that with access to proper facilities and lack of competition/interest from other sports (Basketball, Football etc) and Canada has a strong foundation to ascend in soccer.

Fikayo Tomori if I remember could have also represented Canada (in addition to Nigeria :francis:)

I think in the next 5-10 years will be critical for Canada concerning it's soccer development.

:whoa:

The US is about to see it's golden generation of talent. If we can get the coaching right and not have SUM/MLS infiltrate the USMNT we should have a really good squad for a couple World Cups.