Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
7 and 11 are free.

Sancho 11 and vDB 7? Maybe move Pogba or Bruno to 7?

I don't think that Sancho will sign this year though .

@TobiOT

Greenwood just got no. 11

"Mason Greenwood switches squad numbers to become Manchester United's new No 11... but No 7 is still free for next season leaving fans salivating over Jadon Sancho taking the iconic shirt"
Mason Greenwood switches numbers to become Manchester United's new No 11... but No 7 is still free | Daily Mail Online

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps

The US is capitalist to its bones and I bet SUM is behind this. This is a terrible decision. Fulham and Brighton ok. Liverpool and Arsenal?

The app is free though unless it’s not available for free. shyt I’ll just hit up hesgoal then fuvk em

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
We're having a decent size turn out at the bars and field for game day viewings. It would be dope if you guys get at least 2 teams. Maybe a team from League 1 can sponsor you guys like how atleti did for us. You know... Like QC is apparently losing their culture so it wouldn't be a bad idea having a Paris Saint Laval:lolbron:

Laval Saint Germain:heh: Would probably be loaded with Africans just like a French club too.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
NBC's fukking up the game just to push this Peacock service that no one wants. This is almost as bad as CBS locking the whole CL and EL behind a garbage streaming service with no other worthwhile products on it.

Almost.

Makes me miss the CL Fox Sports days. shyt presentation, but you got the games on FS1 and FS2, no other services needed.

Peacock is free and is really just an extension of their NBC sports app just with non-sports NBC content. When I'd start vexing is if (and to be honest it's when) they start moving more marquee match up to Peacock Premium. I'll give CBS their due. Their coverage of the CL and EL was proper. Solid commentary, good presentation and great sound. But then again, the bar was set low with Turner/TNT/BR.

I cancelled my subscription with CBS, but we re-up when CL is back up.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:whoa:

The US is about to see it's golden generation of talent. If we can get the coaching right and not have SUM/MLS infiltrate the USMNT we should have a really good squad for a couple World Cups.
#sackberhalter

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

If we are going to be honest. There is a young American (Chris Richards) who played some minutes last year for Bayern and is expected to see more this year as he's only 20 and just breaking into 1st team football and there is another Konrad de la Fuente at Barcelona who is only 19 and is practicing with the 1st team and has been on the bench for a few games. So Pulisic playing there is quite possible.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:whoa:

The US is about to see it's golden generation of talent. If we can get the coaching right and not have SUM/MLS infiltrate the USMNT we should have a really good squad for a couple World Cups.

True, but the pipeline of talent is questionable. Soccer has a lot of competition from Football, Basketball and to some extent Baseball. The interest in soccer is definitely improving though, especially among the moneyed coastal elite. Soccer has the European/International flair but it isn't as dangerous as Football.

If players like Pulisic, Dest and Reyna can start and win at top European clubs, then I think the US could see more interest in the sport.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
EhFv3DWXkAAATG6

Looks worse with the shorts design...:hhh:

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
The CANMNT needs to stop messing around and pull a France. Have a bunch of first generation immigrants and a few white boys in their starting 11 and call it a day.:yeshrug:

Once our footballing infrastructure is up to par, we’ll be OK. Too many immigrants, as you mentioned to fail. Growing up, damn near every team I played for was nothing but Arabs, Africans, Italians and Greeks with a few Quebecois and Anglo Canadians mixed in.