Essential The Official ESPN Insider Thread (ESPN+)

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
It's a great day for the Titans

Regardless of what happens from here on out, this is a stunning haul for Tennessee and new general manager Jon Robinson, who made the most Belichickian trade imaginable in acquiring a haul of future picks for the number-one selection. The Titans now have more draft capital (70.2 points, per Stuart's chart) than anybody else in the league for 2016, and they have an extra first- and third-rounder to play around with in 2017, giving them more draft capital for next year than anybody else, too. Keep in mind the Rams aren't exactly guaranteed to make the playoffs with Goff or Wentz next year, either. (Another reminder: Arizona and Seattle share that division.)

Think about that for a moment.

Robinson was successfully able to manufacture that sort of deal even though every team in the league knew the Titans weren't taking a quarterback with the first overall pick, and it came in a draft where there really isn't a prospect with the pedigree of Griffin or even Jameis Winston. This is supposed to be a deep draft without an obvious number-one pick, and Robinson traded into the strength of the draft while extracting a premium so another team could draft a player he didn't really want. Now, instead of forcing Tunsil into a spot where the Titans would be overcommitting at tackle, Robinson has six top-76 picks. As Trey Wingo noted on Twitter, that's a historically impressive haul.

While Robinson still has to hit on some of those picks to make this trade worth it for Tennessee, he's positioned the organization to be in the best possible situation to succeed. There are no guarantees in football, and either Wentz or Goff may turn out to be a superstar, but the Titans are better off today than they were yesterday.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Mock Draft 6.0: Lottery odds set and there's a new top three

Now that we have a better idea of the final draft order, which NBA prospect will each team draft?

The draft lottery odds are set for every team that holds a lottery pick, leading up to the May 17 NBA lottery. Also, the draft order for every team that made the playoffs is now in place.

We are starting to get a clearer picture of who is in and who is out of this year's draft.

So far, just two players in our top 30 -- Indiana's Thomas Bryant and Duke's Grayson Allen -- have indicated they are returning to school. Two others -- Cal's Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb -- are still on the fence.

Remember, this mock draft doesn't say where a player should go, but rather what each team in the draft would likely do with its pick.

Here's our latest full first-round mock draft (assuming every eligible prospect who has yet to state his intentions on the draft declares), after taking into account team needs, based on our discussions with NBA scouts and general managers.

1. Philadelphia 76ers

20224.jpg

Ben Simmons
LSU
Freshman
Forward

i

The Sixers finally made it to the top of Tank Mountain. For the first time in three years, they have the worst record in the NBA and the best odds of winning the lottery.

2016 NBA draft

Get ready for Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and the 2016 draft with analysis from Chad Ford and other ESPN experts.

In fact, their odds are better than those of any team in recent memory thanks to a trade this summer that also allows them to swap picks with the Kings if Sacramento gets a higher pick. The Kings have a 1.9 percent chance of winning the lottery, upping the 76ers' odds to 26.9 percent.

If Philly gets the No. 1 pick? Well, that's where the debate begins.

With Sam Hinkie out and Bryan Colangelo at the helm, things could look very different. The last time Colangelo had the No. 1 pick, in Toronto, he took Andrea Bargnani with the top pick.

Sixers fans are hoping for much better results and they should get it whether the pick is Simmons or Duke forward Brandon Ingram. Ingram fits more of a need for the Sixers. Simmons has a higher upside.

I think the ceiling will likely win the debate, which is why Simmons is here, but as we get more familiar with what's happening in Philly, that could change.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 26.9 percent, 10-72

2. Los Angeles Lakers*

20256.jpg

Brandon Ingram
Duke
Freshman
Forward

i

Finishing with the second-worst record gives the Lakers a 56 percent chance of holding on to their draft pick. They just need it to land in the top three to keep it from the Sixers due to a previous trade involving Steve Nash.

With Kobe Bryant now off to retirement, they need a superstar, and either Simmons or Ingram would be a really good fit. Simmons could be off the board, but Ingram should be able to step right in and provide shooting and the ability to defend multiple positions. He's thin, but there's a lot of talent there.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 19.9 percent, 17-65

3. Boston Celtics*

i

Jamal Murray
Kentucky
Freshman
Guard

i

A late season swoon by the Nets upped the Celtics' chances of winning the lottery to 15.6 percent chance (due to the trade that sent Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Brooklyn). Given that the team just won 48 games, landing a top-three pick could turn them into contenders next year.

With Simmons and Ingram off the board, the Celtics can turn to need. Another consistent shooter in the backcourt could help and I think they'll have a tough decision to make between Murray and Buddy Hield.

While Hield's a better player now, Murray is three years younger and can play point guard. And the good news is that he's NBA ready from the get go.

Add him to the mix with Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas and the Celtics will have one of the best young backcourts in the NBA.

Odds of winning lottery, record (via Nets): 15.6 percent, 21-69

4. Phoenix Suns

20219.jpg

Dragan Bender
Croatia
Forward/center

i

The Suns are loaded at the guard spot, so Bender continues to look like an obvious fit in the wake of the Markieff Morris trade. His minutes have (once again) dropped off for Maccabi Tel Aviv. Still, his upside is clear.

However, I have noticed scouts starting to show signs of doubts about Bender after making the trip to Israel to watch him. While he has the requisite size, athleticism and skill set, they wonder if he's further away than they thought.

That's caused Murray to pass him on our board and it's not out of the question that Henry Ellenson passes him too.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 11.9 percent, 23-59

5. Minnesota Timberwolves
20254.jpg

Henry Ellenson
Marquette
Freshman
Forward/center

i

The Wolves have started searching for a new GM and head coach, so it's unclear exactly what their preference will be if they land at No. 5.

Ellenson would fit a major need for them as a stretch-4 who could play next to Karl-Anthony Towns.

Ellenson had a terrific freshman season at Marquette. He can rebound, shoot 3s and run the floor. He'd be a great fit between Towns and Andrew Wiggins.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 8.8 percent, 29-53

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
6. New Orleans Pelicans
20148.jpg

Buddy Hield
Oklahoma
Senior
Guard

i

This may be Hield's floor. He should be in the mix for Boston and Minnesota, and I think it will be hard for the Pelicans to pass on him if he's still on the board.

Eric Gordon is a free agent this summer, Anthony Davis could really use a sniper on the perimeter and, given the entire direction of the Pelicans, I think they want an NBA-ready player. With coach Alvin Gentry running this offense, I think it's the perfect fit for Hield and New Orleans.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 6.3 percent, 30-52

7. Denver Nuggets*
20223.jpg

Jaylen Brown
Cal
Freshman
Forward

i

The Nuggets would get this pick from the Knicks as long as it falls higher in the draft than their own selection, after the lottery drawing.

Brown's NBA body and elite athleticism make him an intriguing prospect despite the fact that he had an up-and-down freshman year at Cal. He really looks like a power forward who is just two to three inches too short.

He needs to become a much better shooter, but most scouts believe he'll be a better pro than a college player.

Odds of winning lottery, record (New York): 4.3 percent, 32-50

8. Sacramento Kings*
20060.jpg

Kris Dunn
Providence
Junior
Guard

i

Rajon Rondo is a free agent this summer, which means he might not be back in a Kings uniform next season.

Dunn has a case for being the best point guard in the draft. He's quick, sees the floor well and has good size for the position. He's not a lights out shooter and can be turnover prone, but he should be a good long-term fit in Sacramento.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 1.9 percent, 33-49 (if this happens, the No. 1 pick goes to Philadelphia in a pick swap)

9. Toronto Raptors*
20328.jpg

Marquese Chriss
Washington
Freshman
Forward

i

The Raptors' biggest hole is at power forward, and general manager Masai Ujiri has never been shy about swinging for the fences.

Chriss has as much upside as anyone in the draft not named Simmons or Ingram. He's an athletic big who can shoot and protect the rim.

He would be a great fit in Toronto, as long as fans can be patient. Chriss is inconsistent, and there is some bust potential. But he's worth the risk here.

Odds of winning lottery, record (Denver): 1.9 percent, 33-49 (if this happens, the No. 1 pick goes to the Nuggets in a pick swap)

10. Milwaukee Bucks

20201.jpg

Jakob Poeltl
Utah
Sophomore
Center

i

The Bucks suffered defensively with Greg Monroe in the middle and will likely look to see what they can get on the trade market this summer. Even if they keep him, Poeltl -- the No. 1 rated center on our Board -- seems like a good fit. He's a fluid athlete with great hands who rebounds and protects the rim. He needs to get stronger, but he's a good value at No. 10.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 1.8 percent, 33-49

11. Orlando Magic
20253.jpg

Ivan Rabb
Cal
Freshman
Forward/center

i

There are questions about whether Rabb will ultimately declare for the draft. There is evidence that he's seriously eyeing a return to Cal for his sophomore season.

If he does end up in the draft, he seems like a good fit in Orlando -- despite the fact that they have both Aaron Gordon and Andrew Nicholson at the position. Rabb is bigger and a better rebounder and has some terrific upside if his body ever fills out.

Given the dearth of talent after the first 10 prospects are off the board, he's a good pick at No. 11.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 0.8 percent, 35-47

12. Utah Jazz
20221.jpg

Furkan Korkmaz
Turkey
Shooting guard

i

I'm not sure the Jazz really need much help, especially from rookies. Their roster is already loaded. If anyone in the lottery were to trade their pick, I think they'd be the most likely candidate (with the Kings a close second).

If Utah does keep the pick, taking a sharpshooter like Korkmaz -- especially if he's willing to continue to stay overseas and develop -- seems like a smart move. He's a work in progress, but has the right size and shooting range to be a valuable addition to the Jazz down the road.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 0.7 percent, 40-42

13. Phoenix Suns*

20263.jpg

Denzel Valentine
Michigan State
Senior
Forward/guard

i

The Suns will land this pick from Washington via the Markieff Morris trade as long as the Wizards don't win one of the top three lottery spots.

In this mock draft, they grabbed a stretch big man with their first pick, and I think Valentine would be awesome as a second pick.

His high basketball IQ and passing ability would make him a really nice fit at the small forward position. The ability to come right in and contribute is an added bonus.

Odds of winning lottery, record (Washington): 0.6 percent, 41-41

14. Chicago Bulls
20172.jpg

Tyler Ulis
Kentucky
Sophomore
Guard

i

The Bulls have several needs, but point guard seems to be the most pressing. Yes, they might still holding onto hope that Derrick Rose can still be the guy, but they really need help behind him.

Ulis is small -- but, man, can he play. He has terrific court vision and speed and a great feel for the game. As a backup to Rose, he'd be perfect in Chicago.

Odds of winning lottery, record: 0.5 percent, 42-40

15. Denver Nuggets*
i

Deyonta Davis
Michigan State
Freshman
Forward

i

Making the playoffs on the last night of the season got the Rockets a playoff date with the Golden State Warriors, but it cost them their first-round pick this year. I'm not sure the privilege of losing four straight times to the Warriors is worth it.

For the Nuggets, Davis gives them a second elite athlete to add to the squad. He is a terrific shot-blocker and defender and has an emerging mid-range game. He's still a bit raw offensively, but he's good value here.

Record (Houston): 41-41

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
16. Boston Celtics*
20225.jpg

Skal Labissiere
Kentucky
Freshman
Center/forward

i

Celtics GM Danny Ainge is never afraid to take risks and at this point in the draft, Labissiere's rewards begin to outweigh his weaknesses. Brad Stevens knows how to get the best out of people, they've already had luck with stretch bigs like Kelly Olynyk, and Labissiere's ability to protect the rim is a needed commodity in Boston.

He clearly has some bust potential, but I think Labissiere could also still turn into a real talent with the right development. The Celtics have a great D-League franchise to begin that develeopment. It seems like a really good fit.

Record (Dallas): 42-40

17. Memphis Grizzlies
20160.jpg

Domantas Sabonis
Gonzaga
Sophomore
Forward

i

Sabonis is tough, rebounds, passes well and does the little things that help teams win. He's not a great athlete, nor a great defender, but the Grizzlies have had a lot of success with Zach Randolph in the past. Sabonis has some of that potential.

Record: 42-40

18. Detroit Pistons

19991.jpg

Demetrius Jackson
Notre Dame
Junior
Guard

i

The Pistons don't really have a great backup point guard for next season behind Reggie Jackson, so why not go with yet another Jackson?

Demetrius Jackson is athletic, defends and shows a good balance between scoring and passing the basketball. He may not be an elite starter, but should do a good job coming off the bench.

Record: 44-38

19. Denver Nuggets*

Timothe Luwawu
France
Guard/forward

i

This is the third pick for the Nuggets, and Luwawu is worth a a draft-and-stash selection. His defensive ability has always been coveted by teams, but he's added a consistent 3-point shot this year that has helped him convince teams he could be a 3-and-D player in the NBA.

While he has the ability to come to the NBA this season, another year or two overseas might be in both Luwawu's and the Nuggets' interests.

Record (Portland): 44-38

20. Indiana Pacers
20226.jpg

Diamond Stone
Maryland
Freshman
Center

i

I actually think Stone could be a nice complement to Myles Turner on the Pacers front line. While Turner is a better shot-blocker and can stretch the floor, Stone is a beast in the paint. He may play below the rim, but pairing him next to Turner should hide some of those weaknesses.

Record: 45-37

21. Atlanta Hawks
Jonathan Jeanne
France
Center/forward

i

At this point you start drafting for value, and at No. 21 Jeanne has terrific upside. He's not ready -- not by a long shot -- but with a 7-foot-7 wingspan and basketball skills, he's 25 to 30 pounds away from being a legit prospect.

At this point the Hawks will just have to be patient. But he's worth the patience.

Record: 48-34

22. Charlotte Hornets
20234.jpg

Wade Baldwin IV
Vanderbilt
Sophomore
Guard

i

Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lin have been holding down the fort well in Charlotte, but Baldwin can bring more size and strength and a terrific 3-point shot.

23. Boston Celtics
Ante Zizic
Croatia
Center

i

This is the third first-round pick for the Celtics and gives Ainge a chance to do a draft-and-stash.

Many scouts feel that after Bender and Korkmaz are off the board, Zizic is the best international prospect in the draft. He is an elite rebounder and excellent athlete for his size. In fact, he's good enough that the Celtics could decide he could help their team right away.

24. Philadelphia 76ers*
i

Dejounte Murray
Washington
Freshman
Guard

i

Murray may have as much upside as any point guard in the draft after Jamal Murray and Dunn are off the board. He's got great size, toughness and a knack for seeing the floor. He also can be wild, and his jump shot is erratic.

Murray has bust potential, but he also carries some of the ingredients to be a star at the next level if he develops. That's exactly the type of player the Sixers need to find right now.

Record (Miami): 48-34

25. Los Angeles Clippers
20236.jpg

DeAndre Bembry
St. Joseph's
Junior
Forward

i

Bembry is both athletic and a terrific playmaker at his size. His lack of a jump shot is the only thing from keeping him going much higher.

Still, his passing ability is so good at his size that he's tough to pass on. Big playmakers are all the rage these days in the NBA.

Record: 53-29

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
26. Philadelphia 76ers*
20252.jpg

Thon Maker
Australia
Forward

i

The 76ers can still afford to take a few risks. This is their third pick in the first round and Maker is worth a risk here.

He's got the size and the motor to be a terrific NBA player, and his jump shot and perimeter skills are coming along, too. He's still painfully thin and doesn't have a strong feel for the game, but a year with the Delaware 76ers would do him good.

Record (Oklahoma City): 55-27

27. Toronto Raptors
20255.jpg

Cheick Diallo
Kansas
Freshman
Forward

i

Diallo didn't really do much at Kansas this year, but that won't stop a team like the Raptors from grabbing him.

He is tough and athletic, and he might have the best motor in the draft. He's very, very raw. But had he stayed in school another year, he probably would have been a lottery pick. That makes him good value here.

Projected record: 56-26

28. Phoenix Suns*
Guerschon Yabusele
France
Forward

i

A number of scouts at the Nike Hoop Summit mention Yabusele as an underrated prospect who could sneak into the first round. He's a strong, athletic forward who is surprisingly nimble and skilled for someone his size. He's a bit undersized for his position, though his wingspan makes up for some of that.

He's averaging 9.6 PPG, 6.6 RPG and shooting 41 percent from 3 in 27 MPG for Rouen this season. The Suns should have three picks this draft. They won't want to keep all three in the NBA. Yabusele is another solid draft-and-stash candidate.

Record (Cleveland): 57-25

29. San Antonio Spurs
20314.jpg

Josh Hart
Villanova
Junior
Guard

i

Hart's terrific play in the NCAA tournament finally got him the recognition he long deserved.

He is strong and a terrific rebounder for his size. He can defend multiple positions and has a solid 3-point shot. He should really excel in San Antonio.

Record: 67-15

30. Golden State Warriors
20257.jpg

Stephen Zimmerman
UNLV
Freshman
Center

i

Zimmerman isn't ready, but the Warriors won't care. He's skilled as both a passer and shooter, making him a great fit on their D-League team, for now.

But over time, he could be a very valuable get at this point in the draft.

Projected record: 73-9

*Traded picks
No. 2: The Lakers will send their first-round pick to the 76ers if it falls between 4 and 30. ... No. 3: The Nets will send their first-round pick to the Celtics. ... No. 7: The Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with the Knicks. Toronto gets the worse of the two picks. ... No. 8: The Kings will send their first-round pick to the Bulls if it falls between 11 and 30. Also, the Sixers can swap first-round picks with the Kings if the Kings' pick falls between 1 and 10. ... No. 9: The Knicks will send a first-round pick to the Raptors (either their own or the Nuggets, see No. 7). ... No. 13: The Wizards will send their first-round pick to the Suns if it falls between 10 and 30. ... No. 15: The Rockets will send their first round-pick to the Nuggets if it falls between 15 and 30. ... No. 16: The Mavericks will send their first-round pick to the Celtics if it falls between 8 and 30. ... No. 18: The Blazers will send their first-round pick to the Nuggets if it falls between 15 and 30. ... No. 24: The Heat will send their first-round pick to the 76ers if it falls between 11 and 30. ... No. 26: The Thunder will send their first-round pick to the 76ers if it falls between 16 and 30. ... No. 28: The Cavs will send their first-round pick to the Suns if it falls between 11 and 30.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
McShay's 2016 NFL Mock Draft 5.0: Trades shake up Round 1

We're officially seven days from Round 1 of the draft. With two major trades going down since my last mock draft, there has been quite the shake-up in the top half of the first round.

So it's the perfect time to run through how I see the picks 1-31 playing out. As a reminder: This is my prediction of what will happen, not how I'd make the picks if I were the GM for each team.

Let's dive into my projections before another blockbuster deal throws everything into a tailspin.

i

1. Los Angeles Rams*
Jared Goff, QB, Cal

After making the move from No. 15 all the way up to No. 1, it seems the worst-kept secret in the world that L.A. is going to pick Goff. The Rams are an ideal landing spot for the Cal product. With a great defense and run-first offense, Goff won't be asked to carry the team from day one.

*Acquired in trade with Titans.

i

2. Philadelphia Eagles*
Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
The Eagles traded up from No. 8 to No. 2 with the goal of getting whichever quarterback Los Angeles passes on. All signs point to that being Wentz. Big, strong and athletic, he'll face a steep learning curve coming from the FCS, but he has a high ceiling if developed properly. Pairing him with QB guru Doug Pederson would be a great fit.

*Acquired in trade with Browns.

i

3. San Diego Chargers

Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State

Protecting Philip Rivers would seem like the bigger priority, so Laremy Tunsil and Ronnie Stanley are distinct possibilities. But I keep hearing Ramsey. Is he a safety? Is he a corner? I don't really care. One of the best pure football players in this class, Ramsey is a true difference-maker. The Chargers have a need at safety, which he could fill, while also contributing as a corner.

i

4. Dallas Cowboys
Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

I've heard three names all along with Dallas: Elliott, Ramsey and Joey Bosa. It'd be tough for the Cowboys to pass on Bosa, my No. 1 overall player, but Elliott is a perfect fit to play behind Dallas' elite offensive line. He has the skill set to be an every-down RB from day one.

i

5. Jacksonville Jaguars
Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
This defense needs a lot of work, and Bosa has the technique and tenacity to be a difference-maker in Gus Bradley's scheme. He's a versatile 4-3 base DE who can kick inside and rush the passer in sub-package situations.

i

6. Baltimore Ravens
Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Some teams are cooling a little bit on Laremy Tunsil. He could go as high as No. 3, but he also could slide a bit within the top 10. Can you rely on him after he missed time in each of his three college seasons because of injury and suspension? Stanley is the safer prospect in some eyes. His long arms (35½ inches) and athletic skill set bode well for his eventual development into an NFL left tackle.

i

7. San Francisco 49ers
Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
If San Diego passes on Tunsil at No. 3 -- which I'm hearing is a distinct possibility -- it's not out of the question that he could slide this far down the board. The 49ers could try to trade back in this situation, but Chip Kelly loves athletic offensive linemen, and Tunsil is a twitchy 310-pounder who excels in pass protection.

i

8. Cleveland Browns*
DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
This would be a perfect fit for the Browns. Buckner has some versatility, but he's best suited to play 3-4 DE, which just so happens to be one of Cleveland's biggest needs. Buckner is disruptive against the run and plays with a great motor.

*Acquired in trade with Eagles.

i

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State

Look out for a trade at this spot. Tennessee could move up from No. 15 to get a tackle like Conklin to protect Marcus Mariota. Even if Tampa Bay slides down the draft board, the Bucs could still get Vernon Hargreaves III (more on him later).

i

10. New York Giants
Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State
The Giants spent big in the offseason to improve their front four and secondary, but they still need to get a few more linebackers who can cover and get sideline-to-sideline against the run. It would mark the first time since Carl Banks in 1984 that the Giants drafted a linebacker in Round 1. Lee has been blessed with an elite combination of speed (4.47 40-yard dash) and athleticism.

i

11. Chicago Bears
Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia

Floyd is one of the hottest players in the draft right now. Oakland would love him at No. 14, and the Giants could take him at No. 10. With upper-tier athleticism for the position, Floyd would give the Bears a high-ceiling pass-rusher off the edge.

i

12. New Orleans Saints
Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
Getting stronger along the front four should be the Saints' biggest priority in this draft. Enter Rankins, who has very good quickness and lower-body explosiveness. An exceptional run defender, he flashed as a pass-rusher in his final two college seasons (14.0 sacks).

i

13. Miami Dolphins*
Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
Hargreaves could be another option here, but I went with Lawson, who led the FBS last season with 25.5 tackles for loss, playing with a good mixture of relentlessness, technique and discipline. He does his best work against the run and would be a perfect fit for Miami's 4-3 scheme.

*Acquired in trade with Eagles.

i

14. Oakland Raiders
Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
The Raiders need to get tougher up the middle of their defense. Other than having some limitations in coverage, Ragland is a complete football player who has the size, speed, power and toughness to thrive as the middle linebacker in a 4-3.

i

15. Tennessee Titans
Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
If stuck at No. 15 overall, Hargreaves would certainly make sense for Tennessee, filling a position of need with a good value selection. But as I mentioned earlier, I think there's a chance Tennessee could make a deal with Tampa Bay at No. 9 to move back into the top 10. In which case, Hargreaves -- who has the best man-to-man cover skills in this class -- would provide an immediate boost to the Bucs' secondary.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

16. Detroit Lions
A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
I'm not as high on Robinson as others -- ahem, Mel -- but he could go in the top 20, especially to a team such as Detroit, which needs to start planning for the future at defensive tackle. Though Robinson has tremendous raw ability, his motor runs a little too hot and cold for my liking.

i

17. Atlanta Falcons
Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA
I'm still trying to get all of the info on Jack's medical reports, but right now, I'm not sure if teams in the top 10 are willing to take the risk on his knee. When healthy, there's no doubting Jack's ability. A true sideline-to-sideline defender, he excels in coverage and would fill a major need for Atlanta.

i

18. Indianapolis Colts
Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
After failing to protect Andrew Luck last season, the Colts must come out of this draft with a more solidified offensive line. Decker would be a great place to start. He's a perfect fit at right tackle, Indy's biggest need, and has one of the highest floors of anyone in this draft.

i

19. Buffalo Bills
Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
One of the ultimate boom/bust players in the 2016 class, Jones has the potential to develop into a highly disruptive inside presence if he remains focused. He has a rare combination of length, strength and athleticism. Another player to keep an eye on here: Kevin Dodd from Clemson. The Bills love ACC guys, and while this would be a too early for him based on my board, they do have a bigger need for a perimeter rusher.

i

20. New York Jets
Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State

There's lots of noise surrounding the Jets and Paxton Lynch. It might happen, but I think it'd be a huge mistake to take such a raw QB prospect this early. Apple has an outstanding size-speed combination; his 4.40 40-yard dash is the fourth-fastest by a DB 6-foot-1 or taller at the NFL combine since 2006. The Jets need a playmaker opposite Darrelle Revis.

i

21. Washington Redskins
Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
A physical tone-setter with a great motor, Reed would fit perfectly into the team Scot McCloughan is building. The Alabama product is the best interior run-stuffer in the draft, showing the strength and toughness to fight through double-teams.

i

22. Houston Texans
Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
Speed, speed and more speed -- that's what QB Brock Osweiler needs from the wide receiver who ends up playing opposite of DeAndre Hopkins, which is why I opted for Coleman over Mississippi's Laquon Treadwell. Coleman has sub-4.4 wheels and the change-of-direction ability to create big plays after the catch.

i

23. Minnesota Vikings
Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
With outstanding hand-eye coordination and body control, Treadwell is highly effective on contested throws and jump balls. He'd give QB Teddy Bridgewater a receiver who can consistently win on short-to-intermediate throws. Great value at No. 23, too.

i

24. Cincinnati Bengals
Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
Doctson would look good lining up opposite of A.J. Green. The TCU product is a natural pass-catcher who shows the ability to contort his body in contested-catch situations. He's not a burner (4.50 40), but Doctson is fast enough to threaten when he gets a seam after the catch.

i

25. Pittsburgh Steelers
William Jackson III, CB, Houston
Jackson is coming off a highly productive senior campaign in which he led the FBS with 28 pass breakups, and had five interceptions. He has a good frame (6-0, 189 pounds) and elite speed (4.37 40), along with the work ethic to develop into a steady corner at the next level.

i

26. Seattle Seahawks
Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi
This would mark Seattle's first Round 1 selection since 2012, but it could be a spot where a QB-needy team looks to trade ahead of Kansas City, Arizona and Denver. If Seattle says put, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a shot on Nkemdiche or OLB Noah Spence, two high-risk, high-reward defenders. Nkemdiche is a top-10 talent who fell this far because of inconsistent 2015 tape and behavioral concerns.

i

27. Green Bay Packers
Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor

The Packers picked a good year to have one of their most glaring needs be a 3-4 nose tackle. Billings has an outstanding combination of quickness, athleticism and power, which helps him wreak havoc on the interior. He'd be a plug-and-play starter for the Packers, who are looking to find a difference-maker on the interior after B.J. Raji announced he's taking a hiatus from football.

i

28. Kansas City Chiefs
Artie Burns, CB, Miami (FL)
Burns' stock continues to rise. With his extremely long arms (33¼ inches) and ability to play bump-and-run coverage, he'd be a perfect fit for Bob Sutton's defense, which is in need of a corner to play opposite defensive rookie of the year Marcus Peters after Sean Smith left in free agency.

i

29. Arizona Cardinals
Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
The top-ranked interior lineman on our board, Kelly has the frame, quickness, toughness and football intelligence to be a starter from day one in the NFL. There's a chance Arizona would think about drafting its QB of the future here, but center is the team's biggest need.

i

30. Carolina Panthers
Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
Yes, the Panthers suddenly have a glaring need at CB after rescinding Josh Norman's franchise tag, but with four CBs off the board, pass-rusher is a better value. Dodd has only one season of full-time starting experience, but he took advantage of his opportunity, posting 23.5 tackles for loss. That was second overall in the FBS and up from 2.5 the season before. He'd fill one of the Panthers' biggest holes and get a chance to develop along one of the most dominant defenses in the league.

i

31. Denver Broncos
Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

Ifedi needs to work on his technique, but the raw tools are there. He has the length (36-inch arms), quickness and balance to thrive in pass protection. He could develop into a solid right tackle or guard at the next level.

Note: There will be only 31 picks in the first round of the 2016 draft, with New England's first-round pick forfeited.

Five best players remaining
1. Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
2. Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
3. Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
4. Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
5. Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Anybody want to post Thibs one? Rep coming

Thibs right or wrong choice for Minnesota?
Is Tom Thibodeau the right choice to lead the Timberwolves?

The Minnesota Timberwolves didn't need to hire Tom Thibodeau to have a bright outlook for the 2016-17 season and beyond.

Behind No. 1 overall picks Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins, the leaders of a core of young talent as promising as any NBA team can boast, the Timberwolves boosted hopes for the future by finishing this season strong. Now, with the addition of the top coach on the market, Minnesota looks poised to return to the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade.

However, giving Thibodeau personnel power in his combined role of head coach and president of basketball operations raises long-term questions that won't be answered for years.

Thibodeau's turnaround track record

When Thibodeau took over the Chicago Bulls for his first NBA head coaching job, he spurred an immediate 21-win leap in the standings that took Chicago from the eighth seed in the East the previous year to the top of the conference in 2010-11.

That improvement can't be attributed entirely to Thibodeau, naturally. The Bulls also upgraded their roster by adding Omer Asik, Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver to a core of young talent headlined by another former No. 1 pick, Derrick Rose, whose maturation into league MVP helped propel Chicago into contention.

Despite the upgrade in talent, the importance of Thibodeau's defensive scheme was clear. The Bulls improved from 10th in defensive rating under predecessor Vinny Del Negro to the league's top defense under Thibodeau and went on to rank in the NBA's top five each of the next three seasons before slipping to 11th in his final year in Chicago.

For a Minnesota team that hasn't ranked better than 14th in defensive rating in a decade and was 30th (out of 30) and 27th the last two seasons, Thibodeau's pioneering defensive scheme (now widely imitated throughout the league) and attention to detail should produce immediate returns. In particular, Towns and Wiggins have the potential to be better defenders than they've been early in their careers.

It's possible, however, that Thibodeau's defensive reputation has overshadowed his coaching at the other end of the floor. The Bulls actually improved their offensive rating relative to league average slightly more than their defensive rating during his first season, and they dropped off more offensively than defensively this year under replacement Fred Hoiberg.

Crediting Thibodeau more for defense than offense does make sense because coaches tend to have more control at the defensive end of the court, and the upgrades Chicago made to the roster had more impact on offense than defense.

Nonetheless, Thibodeau did have an impact by emphasizing better shot selection. Under Del Negro, per data from NBA.com/Stats, the Bulls had the league's highest ratio of 2-point attempts outside the paint to 3-point attempts. By increasing 3s and decreasing lower-value 2-point jumpers, Chicago improved its ratio to nearly the league average the following season.

Shot selection will be equally important for the Timberwolves, who, like the pre-Thibodeau Bulls, had the league's highest ratio of 2-point attempts outside the paint to 3 attempts under Sam Mitchell last season and in 2014-15, with the late Flip Saunders on the sideline.

Minnesota did attempt more 3s and fewer long 2s after the All-Star break, when the Timberwolves ranked 11th in offensive rating with youngsters Gorgui Dieng and Zach LaVine moving into the starting lineup alongside Towns, Wiggins and point guard Ricky Rubio.

Minnesota showed promise down the stretch -- including upsetting Golden State in Oakland for the Warriors' final loss of a 73-9 regular season -- but still finished 12-16 after the break because of a leaky defense. Since Thibodeau seems likely to improve the defense and shift the offense toward higher-value shots, the Timberwolves have an excellent shot at reaching .500, something they haven't done since 2004-05 -- the first year of the team's 12-year playoff drought, the longest one in the NBA.

Concerns about Thibodeau's long-term vision

There's little doubt Thibodeau's arrival will have an immediate, positive effect for the Timberwolves. Any questions about this move center on the long-term implications of giving Thibodeau the dual title of head coach and president of basketball operations.

Calling the track record of NBA head coaches with personnel power "mixed" might be generous. Past failures like college coaches John Calipari and Rick Pitino haven't prevented more teams from offering dual roles as part of the competition for the best available coaches.

In part, the tension stems from the short-term outlook typical of coaches, which contrasts with the longer view front offices must take. Coaches with personnel power like Doc Rivers of the L.A. Clippers have tended to undervalue their draft picks in trade in favor of signing trusted veterans. And even Stan Van Gundy, who has done a nice job balancing the acquisition of young talent with trying to win now in Detroit, has tended to lavish rich contracts on free agents.

With the salary cap exploding, Thibodeau and the rest of his front office (set to include San Antonio Spurs assistant GM Scott Layden, according to a report by the Vertical) must carefully manage their cap space to avoid being stuck with bad contracts as Minnesota's young stars begin getting more expensive extensions.

It's impossible to predict how Thibodeau will manage basketball operations, but his tendency to focus on the present at the expense of the future as a head coach is a discouraging sign. In particular, that manifested itself in Thibodeau's stars logging heavier minutes than almost anyone else in the league.

As coaches around the league reduced the load on their stars, Thibodeau remained a holdout. Four of the six highest minutes averages since 2011-12 belong to Thibodeau-coached players Jimmy Butler and Luol Deng, per Basketball-Reference.com.

Thibodeau's comments since being fired in Chicago, including his appearance on the Lowe Post with ESPN.com's Zach Lowe, don't suggest he has rethought his position on playing time.

During his five seasons with the Bulls, Thibodeau's top player in minutes per game (first Deng and later Butler) averaged 38.9 minutes, as compared to an average of 35.4 for leaders around the rest of the league. That lower number is almost exactly the average for the player who ranked second in minutes per game for Chicago. (After the top two, Thibodeau's minutes distribution was typical.)

That's a concern in Minnesota because the team's two leaders in minutes per game are likely to be Wiggins, who is 21, and the 20-year-old Towns. Already, Wiggins has played the second-highest minutes total over the past two seasons (only James Harden of the Houston Rockets has played more, according to Basketball-Reference.com) and Towns led all rookies in minutes in 2015-16.

Thibodeau's defense against claims he's overworking his players, that there's little proof of a link between heavy minutes totals and injuries, is a valid one. The injuries that tended to submarine the Bulls in the playoffs were either fluky (including a spinal tap that sidelined Deng) or suffered by players (Rose and Joakim Noah) whose minutes totals were unexceptional.

Still, protecting the development of Towns and Wiggins is more important for the Timberwolves than whether they make the playoffs next season. Hopefully for Minnesota, the long-term security of a massive contract and a dual role will help Thibodeau focus on the bigger picture. If so, the Timberwolves could enjoy years of prosperity under his coaching.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Kiper/mayock mock draft
Kiper vs. McShay: Head-to-head three-round mock draft

For this one, it's not about whom we project -- it's about which player we would take at each slot.

Thing is, because we have to alternate picks, we won't always get the player who seems like the best fit for each slot, because that player could be taken with an earlier pick. The ground rules are simple: alternate picks; no trades; no deals that say "I won't take Player X if you don't take Player Y." It's just "This is whom I'd take" at every slot on the board for three full rounds.

Got it? Here are the picks:

ROUND 1

i

1. Los Angeles Rams*
Mel Kiper's pick: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
Not overthinking this one. Goff is the best quarterback available on my board -- though not my top prospect, I should point out -- and the Rams have to place this bet.

*Acquired in trade with Titans

i

2. Philadelphia Eagles*
Todd McShay's pick: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Perfect fit here. Assuming Philly doesn't trade Sam Bradford, Wentz will get time to make his transition from FCS to the NFL while learning under QB guru Doug Pederson.

*Acquired in trade with Browns

i

3. San Diego Chargers
Mel Kiper's pick: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
The offensive line in San Diego has been a mess for a few years now, and arguably the best player in the draft, at a position of need, is available. Easy call.

i

4. Dallas Cowboys
Todd McShay's pick: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
Dallas needs a pass-rusher, and Bosa has been the No. 1 player on my board since August. He put together the most consistent tape of any player in this class.

i

5. Jacksonville Jaguars
Mel Kiper's pick: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
I know there are questions around the knee, but if the Jags' medical staff has given the OK, I love the fit of Jack on this defense. Immediate starter, immediate impact.

i

6. Baltimore Ravens
Todd McShay's pick: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
Ramsey is still on the board and Baltimore needs a corner. ... How fast can the Ravens make this pick? Great value. One of the best overall athletes in the draft, Ramsey can play both corner and safety.

i

7. San Francisco 49ers
Mel Kiper's pick: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
I've been a fan of Conklin's for a long time, and with a glaring need at right tackle I'm getting a really good one here. Sorry -- it's way too high to take a quarterback with the top two gone.

i

8. Cleveland Browns*
Todd McShay's pick: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Conklin would've been a great fit to play opposite of LT Joe Thomas on the right side. But with the Michigan State product off the board, Buckner fills a need, providing an impact guy up front who fits as a 3-4 DE. He plays with a great motor on tape.

*Acquired in trade with Eagles

i

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mel Kiper's pick: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
The Bucs would be thrilled if Stanley is still available at this spot. They started a pair of rookies on the O-line here last season, and will want real competition to protect the franchise QB.

i

10. New York Giants
Todd McShay's pick: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
Your last two picks haven't done me any favors, Mel. If I'm running this team, I'm taking Elliott here, bigger needs on the defense be damned. He's one of the 10 best players in this draft, and will be an every-down back from the get-go.

i

11. Chicago Bears
Mel Kiper's pick: Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
There you go, going with a running back too early. The Bears benefit and get one of the high-upside pass-rushers in the draft. Chicago needs the edge help, and Floyd fits.

i

12. New Orleans Saints
Todd McShay's pick: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
Really like this pick. The Saints need another guy up front, and Rankins can play nose tackle or 3-technique for New Orleans. He's an exceptional run defender who also has upside as a pass-rusher.

i

13. Miami Dolphins*
Mel Kiper's pick: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
There have been some questions about Hargreaves when it comes to length. He's 5-foot-10 with shorter arms. But the guy can flat-out cover and could have the quickest transition of any cornerback in the draft, including Ramsey.

*Acquired in trade with Eagles

i

14. Oakland Raiders
Todd McShay's pick: Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
I struggled with value vs. need here. This is high risk, but after solidifying the edge in the draft and free agency, the Raiders should want to get stronger up the middle. Jones has the tools to develop into a big-time difference-maker along the interior of the D-line.

i

15. Tennessee Titans*

Mel Kiper's pick: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

We're not making trades, but if that were the case, I'd be calling San Fran, Cleveland and Tampa to see what the cost would be to move up and grab either Stanley or Conklin. But I'll help my franchise QB in another way here by getting a potential future No. 1 wideout.

*Acquired in trade with Rams

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

16. Detroit Lions
Todd McShay's pick: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
Tough to pass on an offensive tackle here, but I like the value of snagging Reed. An elite run-stuffer, he plays with a great motor and shows the ability to fight through double teams.

i

17. Atlanta Falcons
Mel Kiper's pick: Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State
If Lee lives up to his physical talent, we might wonder at some point why he wasn't among the top 10 picks in this draft. Thing is, it's not like he's raw. He can play early in Atlanta.

i

18. Indianapolis Colts
Todd McShay's pick: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
He's the perfect fit for a team in dire need of a right tackle who can keep Andrew Luck's jersey clean. Decker has the skill set to be a solid NFL starter for the next decade.

i

19. Buffalo Bills
Mel Kiper's pick: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
I'm a little bit surprised Lawson is still here. Not sure what Todd is thinking by not grabbing him for the Lions. Mario Williams won't exactly be missed from a production standpoint, but the Bills need a pass-rusher, and this guy led college football in tackles for loss last year.

i

20. New York Jets
Todd McShay's pick: William Jackson III, CB, Houston
No chance I'd be reaching for Paxton Lynch here. It'd be a huge mistake to take such a raw QB prospect at No. 20. Admittedly, this isn't my favorite pick, but Jackson had a productive senior year (FBS-leading 28 PBUs) and has elite speed (4.37 40). The Jets need to find a No. 2 CB at some point in this draft.

i

21. Washington Redskins
Mel Kiper's pick: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
Interesting pick, McShay. I'll make an interesting one of my own, getting a safety who is rising on boards. Joseph can make plays all over the field, and he is a fearless tackler. He fits a need here.

i

22. Houston Texans
Todd McShay's pick: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
Laquon Treadwell is the No. 1 WR on my board, but I like Coleman's fit better within this offense. He has the sub-4.4 speed to be a complement to WR DeAndre Hopkins and the change-of-direction ability to be a lethal weapon in the open field.

i

23. Minnesota Vikings
Mel Kiper's pick: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
If I'm the Vikings, I'm thrilled if Treadwell is still here. The deep speed is a legit concern, but Treadwell is a beast on contested catches, and he creates space. Obvious need and my young QB will be thrilled as well.

i

24. Cincinnati Bengals
Todd McShay's pick: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
With the top three receivers gone, Billings can be a disruptive force in the middle of the defensive line. He has a rare combination of quickness, athleticism and power.

i

25. Pittsburgh Steelers
Mel Kiper's pick: Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
I'm going to follow a reach by McShay at No. 24 with a clear need fit and a solid value with Bell in this spot. Big reminder: Bell could also play cornerback. If it's help in the secondary, it's good for the Steelers.

i

26. Seattle Seahawks
Todd McShay's pick: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
Russell Wilson was running for his life far too often last season. Kelly, my highest-rated interior offensive lineman, is a building-block piece up front. He has the size and versatility to play guard, along with the quickness, toughness and football intelligence to be a starter from Day 1 in the NFL.

i

27. Green Bay Packers
Mel Kiper's pick: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
The addition of Ragland takes pressure off Clay Matthews. Now the Pack have a starting inside linebacker who can let Matthews rush the passer. This is a pick that makes the defense more dangerous.

i

28. Kansas City Chiefs
Todd McShay's pick: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
The Chiefs need a No. 2 corner to play opposite of defensive rookie of the year Marcus Peters after Sean Smith left for Oakland in free agency. Apple has the long frame (6-foot-1) that defensive coordinator Bob Sutton likes in his CBs.

i

29. Arizona Cardinals
Mel Kiper's pick: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
A couple pass-rushers tempt me here, but I love the idea of handing the Cardinals' great head coach -- and master QB developer -- a big-armed (but raw) talent to work with. Do I need to remind anyone how important Carson Palmer's health has been? This isn't just a move for years down the line.

i

30. Carolina Panthers
Todd McShay's pick: Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
I'd love to get a corner after the Panthers rescinded Josh Norman's franchise tag Wednesday. But my top-four CBs are off the board, and I don't want to reach. I love Ifedi's length and upside. He would look great playing right tackle on the Panthers' O-line.

i

31. Denver Broncos
Mel Kiper's pick: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
I can't believe Robinson is still available here. Denver gets back a great presence on the interior of the defensive line after facing some losses in free agency.

* There will be only 31 picks in the first round in 2016, with New England's first-round pick forfeited.

ROUND 2

i

32. Cleveland Browns
Todd McShay's pick: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
A true vertical burner with 4.32 speed, Fuller is a big play waiting to happen. The Browns are in dire need of more offensive weapons.

i

33. Tennessee Titans
Mel Kiper's pick: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Marcus Mariota is going to send me a gift basket, McShay. I got him a great wide receiver and now add help at tackle.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
i

34. Dallas Cowboys
Todd McShay's pick: Artie Burns, CB, Miami (FL)
After taking Bosa at No. 4, Burns fills the Cowboys' biggest remaining need. He has the length (33¼-inch arms) and ball skills to be a good CB outside the numbers.

i

35. San Diego Chargers
Mel Kiper's pick: Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois
Ward is a 3-4 defensive end who could easily come off the board in Round 1, so I'm a fan at this spot in a need area for the Chargers.

i

36. Baltimore Ravens
Todd McShay's pick: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
Dodd fits the Ravens' system well. He's a versatile outside rusher, and they need more of those -- Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil are both in their 30s.

i

37. San Francisco 49ers
Mel Kiper's pick: Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
One of my favorite players in the entire draft. I don't know who the QB will be, but the pass-catching situation just got better.

i

38. Jacksonville Jaguars
Todd McShay's pick: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
The Jaguars got faster at the second level with Jack in Round 1; now it's time to get tougher up front on defense. Butler has flashes of Muhammad Wilkerson in his game.

i

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mel Kiper's pick: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Steal. Fuller dealt with an injury in 2015 but provides immediate help at a need area. The Bucs are 2-for-2 (two Kiper picks) so far.

i

40. New York Giants
Todd McShay's pick: Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
The Giants need to continue to stockpile pass-rushers, and Correa had 19 sacks and five forced fumbles in his final two seasons at Boise State.

i

41. Chicago Bears
Mel Kiper's pick: Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
With Martellus Bennett gone and Zach Miller now the top tight end on the roster, I'm not passing on the best tight end in the draft for Mr. Cutler at 41.

i

42. Miami Dolphins
Todd McShay's pick: Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford
A physical and powerful run-blocker, Garnett would be a big boost to whoever ends up starting at RB for us.

i

43. Tennessee Titans*
Mel Kiper's pick: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
The Titans are on fire if the board breaks this way. Ogbah gives us a needed pass-rusher, and we've already hit WR and OT.

i

44. Oakland Raiders
Todd McShay's pick: Keanu Neal, S, Florida
Neal shows adequate range in coverage and explosive power as a run-defender. He has the skill set to develop quickly into a starter.

i

45. Tennessee Titans*
Mel Kiper's pick: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
Like I said: On. Fire. Cornerback is a need in Tennessee, and the Titans get a real talent in Alexander. It was tough to throw at this kid last season.

i

46. Detroit Lions
Todd McShay's pick: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU
An undersized linebacker with a lot of athleticism, Jones has value as sub-package linebacker and core special-teams contributor.

i

47. New Orleans Saints
Mel Kiper's pick: Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky
You grabbed Rankins for the Saints in Round 1, and I'm going to double down on disruptive defenders. Can't add enough here.

i

48. Indianapolis Colts
Todd McShay's pick: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford
After addressing our massive hole at right tackle in Round 1, it makes sense to grab a TE with good size and potential. Hooper has the raw tools to out-play this draft slot.

i

49. Buffalo Bills
Mel Kiper's pick: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
Thomas has strong hands and a big frame; he can take some pressure off my clear No. 1.

i

50. Atlanta Falcons
Todd McShay's pick: Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida
Bullard makes a ton of effort plays on tape, and he can play both inside and outside along the Falcons' D-line.

i

51. New York Jets
Mel Kiper's pick: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Even if the Jets had a deal done with Ryan Fitzpatrick already, Cook would be a good value here at a need position.

i

52. Houston Texans
Todd McShay's pick: Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina
After taking Corey Coleman in Round 1, QB Brock Osweiler gets another playmaker. Adams flashes big-play ability as a pass-catcher down the seam.

i

53. Washington Redskins
Mel Kiper's pick: Nick Martin, G/C, Notre Dame
I thought about taking Ryan Kelly in Round 1 to solidify the center position, but the Redskins get a starter in Round 2.