The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you tried to say jamal was the star of the show.

thats how we started arguing weeks ago.
breh do you seriously not consider him the star.

:wtf:

no really

I was actually gonna say it myself once finishing the episode. With Dwight in jail now the floor is open for Jamal to be THE main character. He was always the protagonist anyways but now its solidified that he will be the main character next season. Fox knows what theyre doing. Cookie doesnt even get nearly as much camera time as Jamal or Luscious...when was she ever the main character. My bad if i'm confusing star with main

fukk man, the way Vernon got murked is corny and stupid as hell. That shyt to me was damn near jumping the shark

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
cookie stepped back how!!??:wtf:

man, the problem is, you think jamal is the star simply because you spend so much time worried about him & lee daniels. LOL. i would think he was the star too if i spent as much time dwelling on that bul.
She only does her mother duties. She doesn't step out anymore.

I think he is a star because he is the only one with morals in the show and went from the one who will take down Lucuous to the owner of Empire and now to God mode where he can get his hands on Beretti easily where his dad couldn't even get close.

Now his Dad is in jail and he is running Empire.

Its so obvious it hurts.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think he is a star because he is the only one with morals in the show and went from the one who will take down Lucuous to the owner of Empire and now to God mode where he can get his hands on Beretti easily where his dad couldn't even get close.
He is 100%. I am completely objective and I see it. I dont see a problem with him being the star either tbh

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
breh do you seriously not consider him the star.

no really

I was actually gonna say it myself once finishing the episode. With Dwight in jail now the floor is open for Jamal to be THE main character. He was always the protagonist anyways but now its solidified that he will be the main character next season. Fox knows what theyre doing.

fukk man, the way Vernon got murked is corny and stupid as hell. That shyt to me was damn near jumping the shark

yall on some bizzarre chit.

nobody watches the show for jamal.
nobody knows his real name

the huge male demographic that watches this show routinely would not even be checking for it if the show was based on him.

Blackout

Daps

the huge male demographic that watches this show routinely would not even be checking for it if the show was based on him.
Ok yet he is still the star of the show and even supports the gay agenda.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
She only does her mother duties. She doesn't step out anymore.

you mean the affair with the security, whooping anika's ass, trying to kill lucious, and all that other chit she just did last night are motherly duties.

name me a relevant storyline involving jamal that didnt involve cookie or lucious. I'LL WAIT.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Ok yet he is still the star of the show and even supports the gay agenda.

your obsession with the gay agenda is clouding your judgement.

nicas aint tuning in to watch no gay show. not even with their girl. it'd be just another chick show like "scandal".

you think i would come anywhere near this thread??:facepalm:BE SMART SON.

Blackout

Daps
you mean the affair with the security, whooping anika's ass, trying to kill lucious, and all that other chit she just did last night are motherly duties.

name me a relevant storyline involving jamal that didnt involve cookie or lucious. I'LL WAIT.
All of that was her having a side story and supporting her son's

Cookie and Lucious are supporting Jamal too

Blackout

Daps
your obsession with the gay agenda is clouding your judgement.

nicas aint tuning in to watch no gay show. not even with their girl. it'd be just another chick show like "scandal".

you think i would come anywhere near this thread??:facepalm:BE SMART SON.
This show is on white media

You aren't the only one watching.

Many of the viewers are non black as well.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I think you all are getting caught up in semantics. Jamal may not be the "star" in the sense that he's the main attraction and the draw but he is the most moral character on the show and as of now has the second biggest arc on the show. I still say Luscious is the main character because everything revolves around him. Every single thing. He is the driving engine from a narrative standpoint and everything happens because of actions he takes or doesn't take.

Cookie is the entertainemt factor of it tho and the larger than life character that is easy to make memes of and put her quotes on t shirts

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
All of that was her having a side story and supporting her son's

Cookie and Lucious are supporting Jamal too

gotta love the internet.

:wow:

This show is on white media

You aren't the only one watching

black folks are the main ones watching. its a cultural phenomenon.

you think it would be that way if a f*ckin fakkit was at the forefront.

:mindblown:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

the show is based on him. you telling me empires WHOLE audience consists of horny young males checkin for Taraji? nikka please. Even in that case Tianna>her. Youre looking at it from the wrong standpoint. No particular character draws the audience like the story does...but as it stands Jamal is the star.

When Cookie is out here singing songs and shyt then you may have an argument.

Blackout

Daps
black folks are the main ones watching. its a cultural phenomenon.

you think it would be that way if a f*ckin fakkit was at the forefront.

:mindblown:
We aren't the only ones watching.

Lucious gets you to view and Jamal gets others to view.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think you all are getting caught up in semantics. Jamal may not be the "star" in the sense that he's the main attraction and the draw but he is the most moral character on the show and as of now has the second biggest arc on the show. I still say Luscious is the main character because everything revolves around him. Every single thing. He is the driving engine from a narrative standpoint and everything happens because of actions he takes or doesn't take.

Cookie is the entertainemt factor of it tho and the larger than life character that is easy to make memes of and put her quotes on t shirts
exactly.

i dont know Avon Barksdale's name or even Jimmy McNulty...does that mean he wasnt the star of the wire?