The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
just forget it man.

youre just not with it AT ALL.
With what?

Jamal coming out of nowhere and holding Beretti over a building.

Thats a big jump from when Lucuous couldn't even touch him without his whole crew pulling out straps. Then Jamal goes God mode and gets him over the edge of a building.

Let's be real here.

Blackout

Daps
That may be true I'll give you that but I also don't expect perfect character development on a show where peoples emotions change by whats necessary for the scene. Andre's bipolar symptoms are relevant until they're not. Hakeem's mommy issues are relevant until they're not. We're not talking about sopranos/breaking bad/the wire type of writing here breh
All I'm am here to say is that development and buildup sucks lol.

I simply critisize.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All I'm am here to say is that development and buildup sucks lol.

I simply critisize.

:whoknows: it's an argument I've had for the whole series I can't be mad at it now. In for a penny, in for a pound. But even with that said, Jamal being in charge does make the most sense to me because even though he may be the gay brother, he's got more heart than the other two that's for damn sure.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
With what?

Jamal coming out of nowhere and holding Beretti over a building.

Thats a big jump from when Lucuous couldn't even touch him without his whole crew pulling out straps. Then Jamal goes God mode and gets him over the edge of a building.

Let's be real here.

:wtf:

we're having two completely different conversations right now........simply because you dont know what a draw is.

:pachaha:

Blackout

Daps
:whoknows: it's an argument I've had for the whole series I can't be mad at it now. In for a penny, in for a pound. But even with that said, Jamal being in charge does make the most sense to me because even though he may be the gay brother, he's got more heart than the other two that's for damn sure.
Of course, he was created to be that way. To be the moral character. That's what happens when the creator favors you.

:wtf:

we're having two completely different conversations right now........simply because you dont know what a draw is.

:pachaha:
I know what a draw is. If your gonna focus on whether you think I know what it is or not instead of seeing how much Jamal is pushed onto the audience then your just silly.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Of course, he was created to be that way. To be the moral character. That's what happens when the creator favors you.

I know what a draw is. If your gonna focus on whether you think I know what it is or not instead of seeing how much Jamal is pushed onto the audience then your just silly.

Homie the creator obviously had a direct connection to Jamal since he was dealing with a lot of his own personal demons but there had to be ONE son who was going to get that honor. I feel like if Lee Daniels wasn't gay you wouldn't have an issue with it. But just from a character standpoint, to me, it made the most sense.

Blackout

Daps
Homie the creator obviously had a direct connection to Jamal since he was dealing with a lot of his own personal demons but there had to be ONE son who was going to get that honor. I feel like if Lee Daniels wasn't gay you wouldn't have an issue with it. But just from a character standpoint, to me, it made the most sense.
Im calIing it out because he over did his favoritism and it made the show rediculous.

Poor buildup is an issue as well.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Thought this show was going to be trash when FOX was hyping the show up late last year before it aired. Show turned out to be :blessed: :wow: :banderas: Can't wait for Season 2

same here.

its still terrible in terms of a "hip-hop" show. but as a primetime soap opera, this has instantly reached goat levels.

hopefully they will no longer feel the need to brand this as a hip-hop show for cheap ratings. this is an r&b show all the way.

Please God put this nikka on the show. He's perfect! Luscious should bring him in to take Malik's place.

dead-ass, i didnt even realize he wasnt on the show.

i just assumed he automatically had a part somewhere.:heh:

Yeah but the fukkery ain't move me like that this time around lol.

Lucious definitely got what he had coming to him though. I wonder how he getting out of that.

hes getting off cuz vernon was the snitch.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If that jamal and lucious buddy buddy it's all good dad team up ain't feel forced as fukk to y'all I don't know what to say. Episode was kinda garbage. First half was dope but the second half was ehhhh.

Him giving Jamal the throne just felt so forced.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Im calIing it out because he over did his favoritism and it made the show rediculous

Homie..the show STARTED RIDICULOUS :russ: why do you think we're in here every week talking about the fukkery?? They said from the onset, from the word go, that they wanted to make a new Dallas..which was also equally ridiculous and crazy for its time. This is no different than that. How can you complain about a soap opera being ridiculous? It's a primetime soap meant to be ridiculous and over the top and insane at times. The world is heightened and the reactions are heightened and also breh: all writers play favoritism with their characters, for better or worse. If you don't love the characters you create then you're doing something wrong and if you want a certain outcome to play out when you conceive of a season or of a show, then you try to make sure you stay on the trajectory to accomplish said ending. So for all you and I know, Lee Daniels and the show's true creator and head writer, Danny Strong, had it in their heads from its inception that Jamal would be the guy to take over. It was originally conceived as a movie so until you or i or anyone on this board sees Strong's original script, it's all hearsay. Just enjoy the fukkery train my dude

tumblr_m5inwbp7b41qb2acp.gif

Blackout

Daps
Homie..the show STARTED RIDICULOUS :russ: why do you think we're in here every week talking about the fukkery?? They said from the onset, from the word go, that they wanted to make a new Dallas..which was also equally ridiculous and crazy for its time. This is no different than that. How can you complain about a soap opera being ridiculous? It's a primetime soap meant to be ridiculous and over the top and insane at times. The world is heightened and the reactions are heightened and also breh: all writers play favoritism with their characters, for better or worse. If you don't love the characters you create then you're doing something wrong and if you want a certain outcome to play out when you conceive of a season or of a show, then you try to make sure you stay on the trajectory to accomplish said ending. So for all you and I know, Lee Daniels and the show's true creator and head writer, Danny Strong, had it in their heads from its inception that Jamal would be the guy to take over. It was originally conceived as a movie so until you or i or anyone on this board sees Strong's original script, it's all hearsay. Just enjoy the fukkery train my dude

tumblr_m5inwbp7b41qb2acp.gif
If your saying it's ridiculous and im saying it's rediculous then why are you coming at me for saying that. :snoop:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If that jamal and lucious buddy buddy it's all good dad team up ain't feel forced as fukk to y'all I don't know what to say. Episode was kinda garbage. First half was dope but the second half was ehhhh.

Ok let me pose a question to you breh and this is no diss just a question: based on last weeks episode where Luscious firmly pissed off everyone in the family, especially Hakeem by kicking his girlfriend out of the country which forced Hakeem to disrespect him on stage, should he have chosen Hakeem? Andre's bipolar disorder was obviously something he wasn't going to handle well and didn't at all and Cookie was in a cabin fukking his security, which was set up way ahead of time, so in typical luscious fashion, he went with the person who was going to help HIM the most and right now that meant getting a song written. He realized something everyone on this board realized when the show first started that jamal was the most talented brother between he and hakeem and since Luscious was desperate at this point in terms of allies and in terms of that writers block, why not turn to Jamal? He hitched his train to the guy who was becoming a star, despite everything he tried to do to stop him and to the guy who was ready to be a star and be in charge. Hakeem was too busy dealing with his mommy issues and Andre wanted out of the family business, meaning Jamal was the only one left and Hakeem's and Jamal's issues were planted early in the season

If your saying it's ridiculous and im saying it's rediculous then why are you coming at me for saying that. :snoop:

Cause you seem like you not enjoying the ride homie lol..like you're calling the show ridiculous for this one thing rather than saying its been ridiculous since episode 1 so I'm just confused i guess. it's no shots thrown your way just trying to understand where you coming from

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

lucious had no other option tho.

i wont be surprised if he has a trick up his sleeve.

Blackout

Daps
Ok let me pose a question to you breh and this is no diss just a question: based on last weeks episode where Luscious firmly pissed off everyone in the family, especially Hakeem by kicking his girlfriend out of the country which forced Hakeem to disrespect him on stage, should he have chosen Hakeem? Andre's bipolar disorder was obviously something he wasn't going to handle well and didn't at all and Cookie was in a cabin fukking his security, which was set up way ahead of time, so in typical luscious fashion, he went with the person who was going to help HIM the most and right now that meant getting a song written. He realized something everyone on this board realized when the show first started that jamal was the most talented brother between he and hakeem and since Luscious was desperate at this point in terms of allies and in terms of that writers block, why not turn to Jamal? He hitched his train to the guy who was becoming a star, despite everything he tried to do to stop him and to the guy who was ready to be a star and be in charge. Hakeem was too busy dealing with his mommy issues and Andre wanted out of the family business, meaning Jamal was the only one left and Hakeem's and Jamal's issues were planted early in the season

Cause you seem like you not enjoying the ride homie lol..like you're calling the show ridiculous for this one thing rather than saying its been ridiculous since episode 1 so I'm just confused i guess. it's no shots thrown your way just trying to understand where you coming from
1. The creator made it so Jamal will be the only one to inherit it on purpose in the creation process. That's what I said.

He could of gave the other brothers more redeeming qualities but chose not to because Jamal is his fav.

2. Im critisizing the show. No more no less