The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Just to throw my 2 cents in, it helps that Jamal isn't "That kind of gay :wrist:"

He's just a regular dude that happens to like penis. If he was running around like Cam on Modern Family or one of the Men On Film the show would definitely not be as a popular as it is in the black community. I think most non-bigoted people don't mind gays as long as they're not the flamboyant variety. If anything he's setting a positive example that just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to act like a woman

white media played no part in making this show a staple in the black community.
cookie stepped back how!!??:wtf:

man, the problem is, you think jamal is the star simply because you spend so much time worried about him & lee daniels. LOL. i would think he was the star too if i spent as much time dwelling on that bul.

Yeah, Jamal's definitely not the star.

Cookie and Lucious carry the show, everybody else revolves around them and their relationship.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just to throw my 2 cents in, it helps that Jamal isn't "That kind of gay :whoa:"

He's just a regular dude that happens to like penis. If he was running around like Cam on Modern Family or one of the Men On Film the show would definitely not be as a popular as it is in the black community. I think most non-bigoted people don't mind gays as long as they're not the flamboyant variety. If anything he's setting a positive example that just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to act like a woman

Yeah, Jamal's definitely not the star.

Cookie and Lucious carry the show, everybody else revolves around them and their relationship.

It's funny you mention cam because even though he's the more flamboyant of the two between he and Mitchell, he's also the more stereotypical manly: he lived on a farm, he loves sports, he coaches high school football and he lives off his high school glory days of when he used to play sports

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
:whew: I've been dappin negus the whole day. Just got caught up with all the episodes and the finale :wow: this show is DBZ levels of fukkkery with no filler. Can't say what hasn't already been said but just I'm glad that there is a black show thats trending and running things even if it is dumb as hell. I usually binge watch shows but apparently I can't do that with this show too much shyt happens in this show to get left behind so i'm going to have to watch season 2 live. Plus live watching with the coli definitely makes this show even better cuz some of y'all brehs be having me :deadmanny: with these responses. Imma need rep to come back dappin doesn't do some of these post justice especially that Magic Johnson gif:laff:.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's slightly hypocritical but it's different.

Anika is still half-black. Marrying her isn't a bad look. That's like saying marrying Lauren London or Melyssa Ford or Mya makes you a sellout because they half white. How many nikkas you gonna convince not to marry Mya :mjpls: Any kids y'all have would be 75% black so it doesn't matter.

With Andre you know he a sellout type nikka. He married white, he went to an Ivy League, looks like someone off Wall Street, his whole demeanor, you can tell he wants to move to some rich cac area, have mixed kids and raise them as far away from the hood as possible. When Luscious looks at him, all he sees is his wealth going back into the hands of white people (Andre's grand kids and great grandkids). Some future white family running his hip hop label :scust: That's why he laid the hand of god on him last night because he'll never agree to that. If Hakeem was even half as smart as Andre, Luscious would have been named him the next CEO. He's clearly his favorite and his only choice in his eyes because one son is a faggit and the other one wants to be white.

:sas2:

Black wealth going back to white hands. Bad enough that Andre is light skinned, cause his kids will look like Blake Griffin.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Luscious really based off a Coli member yall :banderas:

The hate for gays :banderas:

The hate for interracial relationships, yet is engaged to a bi-product of one :banderas:

Obsession with leaving a legacy to his black offspring.:banderas:

I know I'm missing somethings, but this nikka is a living breathing representation of a coli nikka

Lee Daniels is spying on The Coli

:blessed: we made it

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
you tried to say jamal was the star of the show.

thats how we started arguing weeks ago.

I don't think its a secret that the writers want him to be the star but he can't carry the show

T. Howard and Taraji Henson carry the water & are the stars.

Luscious is most def a coli negus which is why I like him so much :lolbron: