The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I think you all are getting caught up in semantics. Jamal may not be the "star" in the sense that he's the main attraction and the draw but he is the most moral character on the show and as of now has the second biggest arc on the show. I still say Luscious is the main character because everything revolves around him. Every single thing. He is the driving engine from a narrative standpoint and everything happens because of actions he takes or doesn't take.

Cookie is the entertainemt factor of it tho and the larger than life character that is easy to make memes of and put her quotes on t shirts

which means cookie & lucious are the stars of this chit.

again. nobody even knows ole boy's real name. and hes not even getting any more shine than his brothers, let alone his parents.

him supposedly having the most morals doesnt mean anything. aint nobody tuning in to watch some morals.:heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ya'll can kill this whole "these people are watching and these people aren't" nonsense unless you citing facts and figures rather than anecdotal evidence. Someone link to the ratings and demo breakdowns if you're really trying to have this debate. Otherwise it's just a pissing contest

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
gotta love the internet.

:wow:

black folks are the main ones watching. its a cultural phenomenon.

you think it would be that way if a f*ckin fakkit was at the forefront.

:mindblown:
You fool...its probably MORE BLACK GIRLS than anything watching the shyt. You dont think Black girls love gay nikkas?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
exactly.

i dont know Avon Barksdale's name or even Jimmy McNulty...does that mean he wasnt the star of the wire?

wood harris done been in so much chit, if you dont know his name, thats YOUR FAULT breh.

this place is bizarro world.

im glad im not fat. if i was, i wouldve dropped dead of a heart attack 15 minutes ago.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
exactly.

i dont know Avon Barksdale's name or even Jimmy McNulty...does that mean he wasnt the star of the wire?

I'd say it's harder with the wire because it's such an ensemble and dependent on everyone but jimmy is the main character as the show starts and ends with him and he's in every season and plays pivotal roles in each for better or worse. But the narrative is all around him. Shyt the only reason the show exists is because jimmy gave a fukk when he wasn't supposed to be giving a fukk. That's how you determine main characters: who is the one inciting the action and making things happen. In the wire it's jimmy in this show it's luscious easily

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Ya'll can kill this whole "these people are watching and these people aren't" nonsense unless you citing facts and figures rather than anecdotal evidence. Someone link to the ratings and demo breakdowns if you're really trying to have this debate. Otherwise it's just a pissing contest

bottom line, this show wouldnt be such a cultural phenomenon if it was based on a gay. this chit would not be on niccas' radars at all. just females. if yall cant understand basic chit like that, then i dont need to be talking to yall man. blood pressure rising.

he may be booked to win the championship but he aint main eventing nothing. it'll just be a title bout in the underard.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
which means cookie & lucious are the stars of this chit.

again. nobody even knows ole boy's real name. and hes not even getting any more shine than his brothers, let alone his parents.

him supposedly having the most morals doesnt mean anything. aint nobody tuning in to watch some morals.:heh:

I agree with the last part definitely. Being the most moral character on a show doesn't make you the star of the show. Just means you're the most moral.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'd say it's harder with the wire because it's such an ensemble and dependent on everyone but jimmy is the main character as the show starts and ends with him and he's in every season and plays pivotal roles in each for better or worse. But the narrative is all around him. Shyt the only reason the show exists is because jimmy gave a fukk when he wasn't supposed to be giving a fukk. That's how you determine main characters: who is the one inciting the action and making things happen. In the wire it's jimmy in this show it's luscious easily

if youre saying lucious is the main character, then what are you arguing with me about?

:why:

I agree with the last part definitely. Being the most moral character on a show doesn't make you the star of the show. Just means you're the most moral.

then why bring up his morals in your argument?

im done man. im missing the games cuz of this chit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
bottom line, this show wouldnt be such a cultural phenomenon if it was based on a gay. this chit would not be on niccas' radars at all. just females. if yall cant understand basic chit like that, then i dont need to be talking to yall man. blood pressure rising.

he may be booked to win the championship but he aint main eventing nothing. it'll just be a title bout in the underard.

I feel that but again breh cite some facts rather than just going off of your gut. Just makes your arguments stronger :whoknows: guess that's just the writer in me talking

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
if youre saying lucious is the main character, then what are you arguing with me about?

:why:

then why bring up his morals in your argument?

im done man. im missing the games cuz of this chit.

I didn't bring it up in my argument. I'm on your side. You're arguing with so many damn people you're losing track :russ:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You fool...its probably MORE BLACK GIRLS than anything watching the shyt. You dont think Black girls love gay nikkas?

dam near every nicca i know of every age watches this chit.

and not trying to sound like a cool calvin, but thats a helluva lot of niccas.

niccas upon niccas.

none of them would be checking for this show, except the suspect ones.