The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Two hours straight was too much for my body to handle, I need a nap now.

cjokv1n-gif.5038

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
he still didnt take the spotlight. him getting the torch is an instant afterthought. theres a whole handful of storylines going into the next season that trump jamal getting the company.

i didnt say he was spineless. i said that hes passive. and i made that comment like a month ago. hes just now starting to get out of that mode cuz lucious put the battery in his back last night.
Afterthought? The son getting Empire was the shows whole focus. You sound silly saying that.

Passive? Dude has been bucking at everybody since the show began. Now you trippin lol.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Most new shows start off the first season slow and then build up to all the drama and intrigue. But Empire flipped the script and gave us 4 or 5 seasons all rolled up into one and this last episode had so many storylines that I lost count. And did anyone else feel like the second episode was basically the first episode of season 2. Cause Lucious being locked up aint a cliffhanger no more so then him getting sick earlier in the season and Bunkie getting killed. They will address it during the next episode and he will be out of jail by time the hour is up.

thats cuz its a black show.

we work with borrowed time breh.:sadcam:

unless we're on BET or something. then we get to bullchit like the game is doing now.

Afterthought? The son getting Empire was the shows whole focus. You sound silly saying that.

Passive? Dude has been bucking at everybody since the show began. Now you trippin lol.

since the show began?:usure:

its the main plot of the show but it was never the main draw.

and him getting control is far from the headline right now.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
since the show began?:usure:

its the main plot of the show but it was never the main draw.

and him getting control is far from the headline right now.
Yes when the show began. Luscious gets ALS and grooms his sons to take over. Did you watch the show?

It was the main draw. You sounding silly again. The only different thing is they introduced more events but the gay son getting it was the creator playing favorites to somebody gay like himself. Smarten up dude.

Last edited:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yo, i was hype about it being a 2 hour episode, but I feel like I needed a break. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but there was wayyyyy too much fukkery and drama crammed into 2 hours. I love the show, but it honestly was on some soap opera shyt in the 2nd part. it was good television, but i also feel like it cheapened the story line just a little bit.

btw, Lee Daniels is really trying to break down some gay barriers because everywhere I went I heard nikkas talking about how Jamal is the realest nikka on the show.

:sas2:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Good read and I agree with the writer in the sense that they both had to create personas due to a troubled childhood but also in the sense that Draper isn't a straight up villain whereas Luscious is. He's not looking for redemption, he's not looking to be loved or to love, he's just a black heart who wants to control everyone and everything he can. Also, and this isn't a criticism of either show, but Mad Men can go for that nuance in a character that you get with Draper which there really isn't room for on a show like Empire; soaps don't deal in nuance

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Congrats to Lee Daniels, Terrance, Tarij the whole cast crew and writers on a fantastic and historic 1st season. Call it stereotypes, c00nnery or whatever. "Empire" gave Black Audiences the prime-time show they've been waiting for. Just 20 years ago on Fox I was reminded that I had "Martin, Living Single and New York Undercover" all on one night. But today in 2015 you can count how many Black Shows there are on primetime on one hand. It's sad. "Empire" success has to do with Black America and America in general telling these racist execs enough is enough.

All White All Night has to stop. Nobody wants to see White faces on TV on every show all the damn time. There are other races and cultures. Now Lee Daniels has obviously gone through some emotional issues in his life, you can tell the Jamal character is basically him. The show wasn't perfect but I think it worked. I also like how they looked out for Black writers and Directors. John Singleton and Mario Van Peeples directed episodes. Overall I'm just happy to see a Black Show doing it this big. I feel bad that this generation is growing up with not a lot of Black faces and other races on TV.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:beli: Of course nikkas got to complain. There is no such thing as too much fukkkery. :ufdup:

:aidisgust:at Hulu snatching those rights.
I will never get to see it repeat on Netflix then. :sadbron3:

The plot lines and the guest stars next season are going to :banderas::blessed:

ETA: Do you brehs think Taraji or Terrence are going to be nominated for an Emmy?:lupe:

I really think Taraji is. I can't think of another show where the character is showing such a range of emotions.

The Best Actor spot seems pretty weak this year. :ld:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:beli: Of course nikkas got to complain. There is no such thing as too much fukkkery. :ufdup:

:aidisgust:at Hulu snatching those rights.
I will never get to see it repeat on Netflix then. :sadbron3:

The plot lines and the guest stars next season are going to :banderas::blessed:

ETA: Do you brehs think Taraji or Terrence are going to be nominated for an Emmy?:lupe:

I really think Taraji is. I can't think of another show where the character is showing such a range of emotions.

The Best Actor spot seems pretty weak this year. :ld:

She'll probably get a nod. Maybe some supporting actor roles. But it's also the last year of mad men so you know they're going to give it a lot of love and finally give jon Hamm the Emmy

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH

Please God put this nikka on the show. He's perfect! Luscious should bring him in to take Malik's place.

Is Power that good?

Power really really fukked up by having that white skinhead looking CAC as the co-star. The star of the show has to have some serious talent beside him.

The Wire - Stringer Bell?
Sopranos- Chris, Paulie, Silvio

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Most new shows start off the first season slow and then build up to all the drama and intrigue. But Empire flipped the script and gave us 4 or 5 seasons all rolled up into one and this last episode had so many storylines that I lost count. And did anyone else feel like the second episode was basically the first episode of season 2. Cause Lucious being locked up aint a cliffhanger no more so then him getting sick earlier in the season and Bunkie getting killed. They will address it during the next episode and he will be out of jail by time the hour is up.
thats because it was made to engage you more than anything else, like a horror movie. build up is cool in a horror movie but if youre not having regular reactions to it, it failed.
i had issue with the show at first but it clicked when i heard the ladies in my house last night, all in different rooms, reacting every few minutes or so, at the same times. i think its brilliant in that way...