The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats because it was made to engage you more than anything else, like a horror movie. build up is cool in a horror movie but if youre not having regular reactions to it, it failed.
i had issue with the show at first but it clicked when i heard the ladies in my house last night, all in different rooms, reacting every few minutes or so, at the same times. i think its brilliant in that way...

That's how soaps function. It's not like a drama on AMC or HBO or a typical drama on tv..they're made to hit you out the gate early. It's why my mom and aunt and grandmother and cousin used to love watching general hospital or one life to live or all my children or even melrose's place when that was popping. Same thing that works for Scandal right now

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
On_Our_Own_Cast.jpg

i put 2 & 2 together last week. when they showed jamal with the funny hair in that flashback, i was looking at him suspicious.

then i peeped his last name in the credits and thats when i made the connection.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
i put 2 & 2 together last week. when they showed jamal with the funny hair in that flashback, i was looking at him suspicious.

then i peeped his last name in the credits and thats when i made the connection.

He's also Terry Hall...the bad Hall brother from the Ducks.

Watching this ish with these comments had me rollin. I laughed at this show harder than I've laughed at any show EVER. Was #freeworld trending?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yes when the show began. Luscious gets ALS and grooms his sons to take over. Did you watch the show?

It was the main draw. You sounding silly again. The only different thing is they introduced more events but the gay son getting it was the creator playing favorites to somebody gay like himself. Smarten up dude.

i dont think you know what a draw is.:mjlol: yet you want to clown somebody.

the main draw is cookie!!!!!

yea, of course the faq creator is playing favorites. thats obvious from the door. i never argued against that. but jamal aint even drawing sticks. hes supporting cast.

if jamal was anywhere near being the show's main draw or anything more than supporting cast, the ratings would be nowhere near the numbers theyre pulling.

Last edited:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Luscious-- You see, son, sometimes you have to sacrifice the queen to win it all..:wow:

IMO, this statement was the highlight of the show in the last episode after Luscious confronted and exposed Cookie for trying to kill him and denying it.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
i dont think you know what a draw is.:mjlol: yet you want to clown somebody.

the main draw is cookie!!!!!

yea, of course the faq creator is playing favorites. thats obvious from the door. i never argued against that. but jamal aint even drawing sticks. hes supporting cast.

if jamal was anywhere near being the show's main draw or anything more than supporting cast, the ratings would be nowhere near the numbers theyre pulling.
Draw is Cookie?

Dude The Dad named Jamal as the owner of Empire and Jamal is going after people like a G.

If you can't see how that came out of nowhere then your blind. :snoop:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Draw is Cookie?

Dude The Dad named Jamal as the owner of Empire and Jamal is going after people like a G.

If you can't see how that came out of nowhere then your blind. :snoop:

It KINDA didn't come out of nowhere breh, it's character development. Jamal has been the one out of all three of his sons who had no problem standing up for his beliefs whatever they may be no matter how hard Luscious tried to cut him off at the knees. He put Jamal out of house and home, cut off his funds, Jamal went to THE ghetto ass studio and recorded hits on his own without his dad having to push him. With Hakeem, he had to constantly push him to get in the lab and record, had to constantly make sure his head was screwed on right..and Andre clearly never had his head screwed on right. Jamal was always the one who had his eye on the prize as far as where he wanted to go and how he wanted to get there and had the work ethic to back it up

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It KINDA didn't come out of nowhere breh, it's character development. Jamal has been the one out of all three of his sons who had no problem standing up for his beliefs whatever they may be no matter how hard Luscious tried to cut him off at the knees. He put Jamal out of house and home, cut off his funds, Jamal went to THE ghetto ass studio and recorded hits on his own without his dad having to push him. With Hakeem, he had to constantly push him to get in the lab and record, had to constantly make sure his head was screwed on right..and Andre clearly never had his head screwed on right. Jamal was always the one who had his eye on the prize as far as where he wanted to go and how he wanted to get there and had the work ethic to back it up
He didn't rise high enough to hold Berretti of all people over a building. :pachaha:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Draw is Cookie?

Dude The Dad named Jamal as the owner of Empire and Jamal is going after people like a G

just forget it man. lol. i cant help you at this point.

youre just not with IT at all.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He didn't rise high enough to hold Berretti of all people over a building. :pachaha:

That may be true I'll give you that but I also don't expect perfect character development on a show where peoples emotions change by whats necessary for the scene. Andre's bipolar symptoms are relevant until they're not. Hakeem's mommy issues are relevant until they're not. We're not talking about sopranos/breaking bad/the wire type of writing here breh