The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Nah

Marry one halfwhite...that kid marries another white and then what? And that chick aint even yellow...the white party brouught to my attention just how light skinned anika is. That girl is WHITE breh.

Aint like these nikkas live in the hood or a predominantly blk area. Their kids will most likely be in cahoots with white folks and will date accordingly. At the end of the day he is marrying a women who is just as white as she is black. He isnt a sellout but hes a hypocrite plain and simple.

:childplease: Look at this militant. What the fukk are you even saying? I thought this was the coli dream. :blessed:

Don't watch the show. Clearly you want some boring husband, wife, kids sitcom bullshyt. Watch NCIS.

Talking about it bothers you when the husband cheats. :childplease:

:camby:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
And y'all funny about that Andre shyt like he suddenly started being fugazi. The dude got a plain jane average ass becky for a wife, been plotting and scheming on his father since the start, has a goofy swinger relationship with his wife, was so pressed to get power that be manipulated his younger brothers and could've gotten one killed in the process, and has generally been a smug piece of garbage with no redeemable qualities outside of his sharp suit game from the start...

...but because he openly acknowledges being an Uncle Tom to be accepted by cacs NOW y'all don't like that nikka? The fukk?

Jamal, by gay ass design, is the moral compass and only likeable character along with Cookie. Cookie is primarily because of Taraji's acting and charisma, cuz let's be honest, she's has more than a few c00nish stereotypical ass moments.

All them other characters are fukk boys and girls.

Oh and Jamal's "daughter". She's friggen adorable lol. She's likeable too.

Edit: oh and Derek Luke's character seems decent too. Anyone else happy to see him on a high profile show? I really thought he was gonna be the next denzel. Talented and girls loved him, but we know Hollywood be picky choosy about what "serious" actors they wanna give a chance too and who they only allow to take c00nish token roles.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
And y'all funny about that Andre shyt like he suddenly started being fugazi. The dude got a plain jane average ass becky for a wife, been plotting and scheming on his father since the start, has a goofy swinger relationship with his wife, was so pressed to get power that be manipulated his younger brothers and could've gotten one killed in the process, and has generally been a smug piece of garbage with no redeemable qualities outside of his sharp suit game from the start...

...but because he openly acknowledges being an Uncle Tom to be accepted by cacs NOW y'all don't like that nikka? The fukk?

Jamal, by gay ass design, is the moral compass and only likeable character along with Cookie. Cookie is primarily because of Taraji's acting and charisma, cuz let's be honest, she's has more than a few c00nish stereotypical ass moments.

All them other characters are fukk boys and girls.

Oh and Jamal's "daughter". She's friggen adorable lol. She's likeable too.

Edit: oh and Derek Luke's character seems decent too. Anyone else happy to see him on a high profile show? I really thought he was gonna be the next denzel. Talented and girls loved him, but we know Hollywood be picky choosy about what "serious" actors they wanna give a chance too and who they only allow to take c00nish token roles.

That moment between Jamal and his daughter was so precious. :mjcry:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:childplease: Look at this militant. What the fukk are you even saying? I thought this was the coli dream. :blessed:

Don't watch the show. Clearly you want some boring husband, wife, kids sitcom bullshyt. Watch NCIS.

Talking about it bothers you when the husband cheats. :childplease:

:camby:
You sound like an idiot

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That's what she's claiming. And it kind of sounds true. Her and Lee Daniels are having a very public tiff right now because she claims she's been black balled and he was the one who told her after he went to bat for her at Fox when he was developing Empire. He told her Fox wouldn't let her be cast because she's difficult to work with.
Yeah she was just on don lemon last night ( :whoa: I was watching cnn and didn't turn the channel). They played the clip of lee Daniels saying Monique wasn't willing to "play ball" (which came off kinda c00nish and I don't even use the word that often) and she was like he didn't even go into what actually happened. They wanted her to fly out to caanes festival but she had comedy tour and stuff. From what I heard of the situation it basically sounds like she didn't want to do all the sucking up black entertainers had to do and was blackballed accordingly.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Yeah she was just on don lemon last night ( :whoa: I was watching cnn and didn't turn the channel). They played the clip of lee Daniels saying Monique wasn't willing to "play ball" (which came off kinda c00nish and I don't even use the word that often) and she was like he didn't even go into what actually happened. They wanted her to fly out to caanes festival but she had comedy tour and stuff. From what I heard of the situation it basically sounds like she didn't want to do all the sucking up black entertainers had to do and was blackballed accordingly.
What she's saying doesn't add up. Basically, she violated her contract. She was supposed to do press for Precious and she didn't. Her husband is also her manager and they are both known to be demanding. You can't sign a contract and know you're supposed to appear and do press and then have your husband call the studio and say "how much are you paying?" Just can't expect to get away with that behavior as a black woman in Hollywood. At least she's doing her own thing now. She came out of this realizing you can't work in Hollywood and not want to suck up white studio execs so shes gone independent. Lesson learned.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Final note. Am I a bytch...or does it piss anyone else off to see dudes on TV cheat on their women? It aint even the fact that they are cheating on their women that really irks me although thats part of it. Its more so the fact that they are succumbing to their quick urges and neglecting the potential consequences. I mean damn, the post nut clarity must be a mothafukka after. This whole shyt literally finna crash because dude smashed cookie...made amends...lies and then smashes her again. Dude shouldve called it quits from the jump. Matter of fact he shouldnt have engaged the broad in the first place. The only male character in that family I give ratings is Jamal. fukk these other nikkas.
You're a bytch :heh:

I kinda understand though, it makes men look weak. It just bothers me that its common to show men cheating but rare to have female characters cheating

Everyone cheats :yeshrug: