The Official "Empire" Thread (New Show on Fox by Lee Daniels starring Terrance Howard)

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
get the fukk out :beli:

That's what she's claiming. And it kind of sounds true. Her and Lee Daniels are having a very public tiff right now because she claims she's been black balled and he was the one who told her after he went to bat for her at Fox when he was developing Empire. He told her Fox wouldn't let her be cast because she's difficult to work with.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lee Daniels would be the fruit booty c00n who makes it seem like black fathers are the only ones who don't want their sons being gay :rudy:

Bout to start downloading this show rather than DVR so I don't give him ratings.

My baby. :mjcry:

Monique was originally supposed to play Cookie. :patrice:

I'm thankful that didn't happen. I've detested that woman for years.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's what she's claiming. And it kind of sounds true. Her and Lee Daniels are having a very public tiff right now because she claims she's been black balled and he was the one who told her after he went to bat for her at Fox when he was developing Empire. He told her Fox wouldn't let her be cast because she's difficult to work with.
she could definitely play the role but she is not attractive enough to be the lead female of the show. I'm sure the ratings would drop accordingly.

Taraji aint even all that but the role she plays is enough to make her that much sexier. Anika wouldnt be enough eye candy to hold the show down alone.

Speaking of which. Where is my baby Tiana :why:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
shes in shape now though :francis:

Taraji is PERFECT for Cookie. She hasn't made her a stereotype. I think thats part of the success because people can relate to Cookie, she's the quintessential black woman who's been through a lot of shyt. Monique would've made her into a caricature because that's what her career has truly relied on (especially due to her weight).

Lee Daniels would be the fruit booty c00n who makes it seem like black fathers are the only ones who don't want their sons being gay :rudy:

Bout to start downloading this show rather than DVR so I don't give him ratings.

I'm thankful that didn't happen. I've detested that woman for years.

Thats why I love my baby Jamal even though his ass is gay in real life too. :mjcry: He basically threw shade at Lee Daniels and said it's not a black problem, it's a universal problem. Lee Daniels is a problematic individual, but he's giving black actors work right now. A black cast in dominating the ratings and breaking and shattering records. :ehh:

she could definitely play the role but she is not attractive enough to be the lead female of the show. I'm sure the ratings would drop accordingly.

Taraji aint even all that but the role she plays is enough to make her that much sexier. Anika wouldnt be enough eye candy to hold the show down alone.

I miss Tiana too.

No lie Keep it Movin with Hakeem been on rotation. :dj2:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Anika isn't really that good looking tbh. If your complexion gonna be that light you need to have some bomb ass nubian features to turn me on. She has a really big head and a strong ass chin.

Agreed though...where is my baby Tiana?!?!?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
[QUOTE="Elle Driver, post: 12388415, member: 13355"

Thats why I love my baby Jamal even though his ass is gay in real life too. :mjcry: He basically threw shade at Lee Daniels and said it's not a black problem, it's a universal problem. Lee Daniels is a problematic individual, but he's giving black actors work right now. A black cast in dominating the ratings and breaking and shattering records. :ehh:

[/QUOTE]

That's the conflict for me. I can't stand Lee Daniels and hate how transparent he is with this stereotypical bullshyt he's pushing but the story is engaging and I'm happy to see blacks shining and breaking records. Just wish it didn't have to be like this, but if this opens the doors for other black centric tv shows and movies to have a lane(like when my future novel gets turned into a movie :shaq:) then I can dig it.

Lol is jamal really gay in real life? Tbh if you're willing to play a homo on TV we should probably assume that person is gay forreal forreal. That shyt would make me too uncomfortable to go through with. Where you see him put Lee Daniels on blast?

The camera man prolly gay IRL too. He was gay in Sparticus too. It's funny because the show I saw him first on was Power Rangers RPM back in 09. Dude has a good American accent. Had no idea he was Australian.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That's the conflict for me. I can't stand Lee Daniels and hate how transparent he is with this stereotypical bullshyt he's pushing but the story is engaging and I'm happy to see blacks shining and breaking records. Just wish it didn't have to be like this, but if this opens the doors for other black centric tv shows and movies to have a lane(like when my future novel gets turned into a movie :shaq:) then I can dig it.

Lol is jamal really gay in real life? Tbh if you're willing to play a homo on TV we should probably assume that person is gay forreal forreal. That shyt would make me too uncomfortable to go through with. Where you see him put Lee Daniels on blast?

The camera man prolly gay IRL too. He was gay in Sparticus too. It's funny because the show I saw him first on was Power Rangers RPM back in 09. Dude has a good American accent. Had no idea he was Australian.

I just take it as a show that has a strong lead female character that could be a stereotype but Taraji makes you wanna root for her because she's always rooting for the underdog. Terrence is unintentionally funny. But the most likable for me imo is Jamal. Jussie Smollett seems to be a sweetheart. I am so heartbroken though. Why does he have to be gay? :noah:

The other dude playing his new potential love interest doesn't sound American. I could tell he was from New Zealand or Australia. shyt kept slipping out.

As for Jussie/Jamal basically saying the opposite of Lee here's the quote (he's said it multiple times in interviews):

"Well, first of all, here's the thing: I grew up in the business. I know about homophobia in the music industry — not just in hip-hop. Obviously, we're dealing with homophobia in hip-hop, we're dealing with homophobia in the black community. We're dealing with homophobia in the black community and in hip-hop because we're telling the story of a family that is a hip-hop family that is black. But that in no way is to let any other group of people off the hook, as if this is an isolated issue just simply in the black community. I have Jewish friends, I have Middle Eastern friends, I have Spanish and Italian and British and Scottish and German friends and Austrian friends, and guess what? They all deal with homophobia. It's an earthling epidemic, it's not isolated in the black community. So it's definitely a story that Lee wanted to get out there, and it's a story that I'm proud that we're telling. But this is a universal story of people that are not respected and understood, and we all can relate to that, whether we're gay, straight, bi, transgender. "