The Official Drone Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I ordered my own Mavic Pro this weekend from NewEgg.
They had a sale on the refurbished ones for $620. It comes with the same warranty as the new ones and I can still get DJI care so I'm fine with it.
Reviews are mixed but are generally more positive on these refurb units.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What apps are you guys using to check airspace clearance? (:ufdup:I seriously hope you guys are checking before putting that drone up in the air).
I've heard the FAA "B4UFLY" app is complete garbage and pretty much tells you that it's illegal to fly everywhere even it's actually perfectly legal.
I just downloaded an app called "Kittyhawk" which has very high reviews on the iOS app store.
I test these both out this weekend and let you know how I feel about them.
I'm just wondering if anyone already has experience with these and has any they can recommend me checking out.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
screen_25eac4ad7ca15e35_1525604674000.jpg

IMG_20180506_142142_271.jpg

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What apps are you guys using to check airspace clearance? (:ufdup:I seriously hope you guys are checking before putting that drone up in the air).
I've heard the FAA "B4UFLY" app is complete garbage and pretty much tells you that it's illegal to fly everywhere even it's actually perfectly legal.
I just downloaded an app called "Kittyhawk" which has very high reviews on the iOS app store.
I test these both out this weekend and let you know how I feel about them.
I'm just wondering if anyone already has experience with these and has any they can recommend me checking out.
if you use a DJI drone, it should come loaded with where and where not to fly. B4UFLY does have accurate maps, just TOO accurate. they are listing NFZ for actually aircrafts and shyt. as long as you don't see an airport or prison or some shyt like that, you should be good. be smart is the main thing. if it doesn't seem like a smart idea to fly over it, check first.. if it's still iffy, just don't do it................

or do it quick

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
if you use a DJI drone, it should come loaded with where and where not to fly. B4UFLY does have accurate maps, just TOO accurate. they are listing NFZ for actually aircrafts and shyt. as long as you don't see an airport or prison or some shyt like that, you should be good. be smart is the main thing. if it doesn't seem like a smart idea to fly over it, check first.. if it's still iffy, just don't do it................

or do it quick
I live in Virginia Beach. There is literally a military base 20 minutes from everywhere. I was checking out the DJI map and there’s quite a few places I should be able to fly without issues. I just have to be aware of where I am at all times. I could easy end up in a restricted zone if I’m not careful.