The Official Drone Thread

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's happening with DJI and this ban? I'm thinking about getting a mini 3 in the next month

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What's happening with DJI and this ban? I'm thinking about getting a mini 3 in the next month
Yea, even DJI is worried. Glad I haven't wasted my money in years. I mainly use it on overseas trips but most countries are starting to ban drones in cool places you want to shoot anyway

To be fair, it wasn't smart to allow anybody with some money to have a flying helicopter with a camera that can fly miles away from the operator with no license, tracking or failsafe. People have been interfering with flights, dropping shyt at prisons, illegally filming all types of shyt, harassing people and generally breaking the law with these things from day 1.

I'm surprised they lasted this long. They even tried to get everyone to register. Nobody cared and kept on going. Now we're here.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yea, even DJI is worried. Glad I haven't wasted my money in years. I mainly use it on overseas trips but most countries are starting to ban drones in cool places you want to shoot anyway

To be fair, it wasn't smart to allow anybody with some money to have a flying helicopter with a camera that can fly miles away from the operator with no license, tracking or failsafe. People have been interfering with flights, dropping shyt at prisons, illegally filming all types of shyt, harassing people and generally breaking the law with these things from day 1.

I'm surprised they lasted this long. They even tried to get everyone to register. Nobody cared and kept on going. Now we're here.
Yup. All of that AND, from a information security perspective, federal and local government facilities have been actively banning any hardware or software made in China. I've shot a couple different government gigs where they explicitly asked us if we were going to be using any equipment at all made in China and warned us that it was forbidden due to security concerns.