The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
And we’re averaging 35 ppg. It isn’t an issue until it is. You should be more concerned about run blocking and getting this run game goin.
You act like its your first time watching this team.

35 ppg but 21 of those points have come from our Kicker that never kicked in college. 7 points came from ST and another 7 came from Bland.

Its a problem and u have to be a homer to think otherwise

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

35 ppg but 21 of those points have come from our Kicker that never kicked in college. 7 points came from ST and another 7 came from Bland.

Offense didnt even reward micah with a score after that fumble recovery. That cannot happen.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Oh stop it. This team has always been a high powered offense under Dak and MCC. I worry more about the defense than offense. Y’all quick to call this an elite historic doomsday defense but want to question the offense scoring ability. The only issue with the offense is the running game and oline…

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Offense didnt even reward micah with a score after that fumble recovery. That cannot happen.
McCarthy was in cruise control. He wasn’t worried about tds in the second half against a team where a two possession deficit is too much to overcome. The playcalling was night and day in the both half’s. We caused two turnovers deep in our their territory that gave us great field position and McC clearly was ok with fgs in those situation othewise he could’ve drew up something more agressive

We had two tds The secondary half. Dak missed wide open tight end and Ceedee in the end zone and Tyron got beat and held on pollards touchdown.

The only issues I’m more worried about is getting the OLine healthy and the running game going.

Last edited:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Oh stop it. This team has always been a high powered offense under Dak and MCC. I worry more about the defense than offense. Y’all quick to call this an elite historic doomsday defense but want to question the offense scoring ability. The only issue with the offense is the running game and oline…
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Micah isn’t playing mvp caliber football, the defense becomes worrisome. You saw it Sunday evening. The plays he wasn’t in the game, the jets were getting positive yardage. The plays he didn’t generate a pass rush, Wilson typically made correct the read.

It’s happened the last two year when Micah has worn out by December when the defense is given up 25 ppg but the offense is averaging 31.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
If Micah isn’t playing mvp caliber football, the defense becomes worrisome. You saw it Sunday evening. The plays he wasn’t in the game, the jets were getting positive yardage. The plays he didn’t generate a pass rush, Wilson typically made correct the read.

It’s happened the last two year when Micah has worn out by December when the defense is given up 25 ppg but the offense is averaging 31.
Bro, defense is legit. It's firing on all cylinders right now. You have to view it from what's happening right now, not a hypothetical situation. They balling.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

The defense when Micah is or is not on the field is very aggressive for their own good. You saw how quickly the rushed and pressured him and he proceeded to step up in the pocket and get yards. They adjusted to that and the Jets did nothing in the 2nd half.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, defense is legit. It's firing on all cylinders right now. You have to view it from what's happening right now, not a hypothetical situation. They balling.
I judge it based on the competion. I have no doubt they ball against the lesser offense like the jets and giants. But when we’re playing the better teams and we need that clutch stop, will they get it?

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Our offense has been totally absent in 7 of 8 quarters vs SF in two playoff games.

Defense got enough stops to give this “high powered offense” plenty of opportunities to win.

Let’s not start this offense vs defense discussion. We all know Dak’s record against winning non-divisional teams. We all watched those two games vs San Fran.

If we need an 00 Ravens, 03 Bucs, 13 Seahawks, or 15 Broncos type defense to make a cotdamn conference title game, that speaks volumes about Dak Prescott.

$40mil man with Dez, Amari, CeeDee. Zeke and Pollard. HoFers on the line. That’s why I was harping on the “playing not to lose” style we went with in the 2nd half of the Jets game. Sure, game theory says it’s the move. But it’s concerning that if he’s asked to do more, we risk losing the game.

You can say I’m overreacting, but I’ll just point to last year’s Packers game. Sure, the defense made Christian Watson look like Randy Moss. But Dak just started feeding them field position and possessions.

Year 8 training wheels. Smfh. This dude better show out Week 5.