The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Only issue I have with our D is how everyone sells out to rush the QB. Mobile QBs are going to kill is scrambling up the middle.

Outside of that and missing a LB pop on defense, they’ve been about as dominant as I thought they would be.

Dak is an issue man. Literally had sauce cover CD one play and that almost lead to a pick 6.

We’re hiding Dak’s arm by putting targets right in front of him. CD in the slot or in motion at the snap - eating, I like it. Tolbet comes in the slot, Dak immediately finds him. Each TE gets balls, pause. But if you’re on the outside, forget about it.

Dak pumps to CD then goes back and the INT is dropped. CD doing jumping jacks wide open lined up outside, Dak didn’t even bother looking that way. Gallup just running Sauce all over the field and Dak ain’t bother looking that direction.

Great win. Training wheels need to come off week 5
Gallup
giphy.gif

:unimpressed:

Dap + Rep for admitting Dak is a problem though

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Only issue I have with our D is how everyone sells out to rush the QB. Mobile QBs are going to kill is scrambling up the middle.

Outside of that and missing a LB pop on defense, they’ve been about as dominant as I thought they would be.

Dak is an issue man. Literally had sauce cover CD one play and that almost lead to a pick 6.

We’re hiding Dak’s arm by putting targets right in front of him. CD in the slot or in motion at the snap - eating, I like it. Tolbet comes in the slot, Dak immediately finds him. Each TE gets balls, pause. But if you’re on the outside, forget about it.

Dak pumps to CD then goes back and the INT is dropped. CD doing jumping jacks wide open lined up outside, Dak didn’t even bother looking that way. Gallup just running Sauce all over the field and Dak ain’t bother looking that direction.

He needs better chemistry with the tight ends moving forward.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

Gallup is washed. When is the last time we've seen him create seperation?

Advanced stats have shown us Ceedee is a top 3 WR in the slot, so why not use him where is most deadly at? I know everyone is skeptical of Dak but McCarthy and Dak are in sync and nitpicking yesterday's performance is crazy when the Jets defense made Josh Allen look like Mark Sanchez the previous week. Before we played the Jets everybody was hyping their defense up and giving them high praises, Dak goes out and carves em up and now he's an issue:childplease:

McCarthy drew up a gameplan and Dak executed. The redzone offense was an issue but we also had a dropped TD and a penalty that negated another. They'll get that fixed as the season goes on.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Gallup is washed. When is the last time we've seen him create seperation?

Advanced stats have shown us Ceedee is a top 3 WR in the slot, so why not use him where is most deadly at? I know everyone is skeptical of Dak but McCarthy and Dak are in sync and nitpicking yesterday's performance is crazy when the Jets defense made Josh Allen look like Mark Sanchez the previous week. Before we played the Jets everybody was hyping their defense up and giving them high praises, Dak goes out and carves em up and now he's an issue:childplease:

McCarthy drew up a gameplan and Dak executed. The redzone offense was an issue but we also had a dropped TD and a penalty that negated another. They'll get that fixed as the season goes on.
I wouldnt mind trading Gallup for a defensive piece after the 9ers game. We are going to get exposed that game and bet on it.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I wouldnt mind trading Gallup for a defensive piece after the 9ers game. We are going to get exposed that game and bet on it.
I still have hope for him but they need to use him in a different role. He should let Cooks do the down the field work while he focuses on being a possession receiver. I'm sure thats the plan once Cooks gets back healthy.