Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
In the last issue of Civil War II, they're finally drawing Carol to look like a woman with breasts and a more feminine hairstyle.

15195949_10101113417754402_5389442510798759826_o.jpg

Kinda poetic that Stark died the same way Rhodey did at the beginning of this crossover.
And he was wearing a brolic ass War Machine suit

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Cyclops since Morrison's run and more specifically the end of Deadly Genesis had some of the best characterization since his inception.

The ending of AvX is what hurt the character or I should say the writers trying to shoehorn him as some villain.

The x men turning their backs on him made them look like foolish hypocrites especially when they were skipping holding hands with Scarlet Witch without so much of a bat of an eyelash. The last few years bad writing hurt the character.....
The a vs x follow up is what hurt all the xmen books . If they wanted him to become a villain then write a coherent story when he willingly kills xavier and brings the Phoenix force to earth going too far with his agenda . Instead we got a story that proved him right and people simply calling him a villain . Stark and reed got forgiven for CW and black bolt got no repercussions for releasing the Terrigen mist

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what made me mad about the way they made Cyclops the last few years. Cyclops hated Magneto and never trusted him but then he turns around and becomes the man he hates?!:stopitslime:
He didn't become magneto at all. He just had to become more proactive and revolutionary than Xavier. Magneto was trying to kill all humans and flood cities and shyt

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The a vs x follow up is what hurt all the xmen books . If they wanted him to become a villain then write a coherent story when he willingly kills xavier and brings the Phoenix force to earth going too far with his agenda . Instead we got a story that proved him right and people simply calling him a villain . Stark and reed got forgiven for CW and black bolt got no repercussions for releasing the Terrigen mist

This right here. The actual story didn't fit the narrative they were trying to push. It made the X books unreadable.

For all the attacks on cyclops by the avengers and some x-men he WAS right in his stance. The Avengers NEVER showed much interest in mutant relations. One of their own nearly wiped out the species and she was welcomed back with open arms because hey "she was manipulated by outside forces". Yet the same happened to cyclops and he was demonized. The plot made no sense on ANY level.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No scheduled release date for Black Monday Murders #5, and now Hickmans at the helm of another new Image title Frontier with the first three issues scheduled to release in the next two months.

I need to know where this story goes :sadcam:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This right here. The actual story didn't fit the narrative they were trying to push. It made the X books unreadable.

For all the attacks on cyclops by the avengers and some x-men he WAS right in his stance. The Avengers NEVER showed much interest in mutant relations. One of their own nearly wiped out the species and she was welcomed back with open arms because hey "she was manipulated by outside forces". Yet the same happened to cyclops and he was demonized. The plot made no sense on ANY level.

yep terrible writing.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd be reading books and they were like he's a villain he's a terrorist!! All the while all he's doing is saving mutants meanwhile Logan was on the hit squad killing kids while being praised by cap and beast out there time traveling and fukking shyt up that could destroy the universe. Cyke didn't do anything

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd be reading books and they were like he's a villain he's a terrorist!! All the while all he's doing is saving mutants meanwhile Logan was on the hit squad killing kids while being praised by cap and beast out there time traveling and fukking shyt up that could destroy the universe. Cyke didn't do anything

With all this being said I'm not sure how I feel about the twist in Death of X. Didn't really like or hate it.

However it's the X-Men's reaction to everything that's making this whole thing unreadable.

The Inhumans basically released a death cloud that's killing your species and the X-Men are all cool with this. Hey let's just go back to our corner, tail between our legs and pretend this hasn't happened.:what:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
In the last issue of Civil War II, they're finally drawing Carol to look like a woman with breasts and a more feminine hairstyle.

15195949_10101113417754402_5389442510798759826_o.jpg

Kinda poetic that Stark died the same way Rhodey did at the beginning of this crossover.
Lmao yo tell me why i thought back to this thread when i flipped through those pages. :russ:

I used to rip on them for drawing her like Steve Rogers younger brother, as if feminism = no boobs and a dyke cut.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Lmao yo tell me why i thought back to this thread when i flipped through those pages. :russ:

I used to rip on them for drawing her like Steve Rogers younger brother, as if feminism = no boobs and a dyke cut.
I understand wanting to update Carol's look from the 1-piece bikini, but you don't have to draw her like a trans-gender for her to look like a serious hero.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Like I said in the other thread. Marvel side, I could see Black Panther, Carol, Spidey... maybe Ironman?

Marvel side usually goes for movie synergy. So if they have a movie coming out around the time of the game, then they will probably be in the game.