Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Xavier is a liar and a straight up cheat..in case you missed X Men Genesis and X-Men #54(The Jean Grey pedo revelation)...Magneto's way is what Cyclops has been following all this time..doing the old school Cable 90s stuff where he would borrow from Xavier and Magneto and lead X Force with those methods. It finally backfired when Stryfe made his move and everyone blamed Cable and X force when Xavier was looking good as dead.

And Magneto was right...about Civil War and how mutants are seen in the world. That's why he can inspire the Psylockes, Briars, and everyone else to get behind his latest missions.

noone denies charles is a piece of shyt, but he could inspire people through peace. and the thing is i think he truly believes what he says. which is why he has so many loyal to death followers. scott is unable to completely sway people in the same instance, he rather keep a close knit group of loyalists than large categories. and i imagine he didnt win any friends among new mutants with avsx ending. but he was able to sway humans, which is something magneto was never capable of

and speaking of magneto, hes part of the reason mutants are seen the way they are. and he never seems to want to take responsibility for it. i honestly believe he fights because he doesnt know any better

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ultimates 2 was pretty good
I am even more bothered by Capt. Marvel being in the new book than when she was in the first series.
After Civil War 2 this group of people and Carol just don't mix.
Plus just slotting her in as the token white person annoys me. Go all in with it and make the entire team be POC. Put Storm on the team. It would add more personal drama with T'Challa than Carol's inclusion and it would save Storm from whatever bullshyt plans are in the works for the X-books.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I am even more bothered by Capt. Marvel being in the new book than when she was in the first series.
After Civil War 2 this group of people and Carol just don't mix.
Plus just slotting her in as the token white person annoys me. Go all in with it and make the entire team be POC. Put Storm on the team. It would add more personal drama with T'Challa than Carol's inclusion and it would save Storm from whatever bullshyt plans are in the works for the X-books.
I think it's backwards. She fits well in the way they are telling the story...Storm doesn't at all. In fact you have to manipulate it into some ridiculous drama to get her in so you know she doesn't fit.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
noone denies charles is a piece of shyt, but he could inspire people through peace. and the thing is i think he truly believes what he says. which is why he has so many loyal to death followers. scott is unable to completely sway people in the same instance, he rather keep a close knit group of loyalists than large categories. and i imagine he didnt win any friends among new mutants with avsx ending. but he was able to sway humans, which is something magneto was never capable of

and speaking of magneto, hes part of the reason mutants are seen the way they are. and he never seems to want to take responsibility for it. i honestly believe he fights because he doesnt know any better
U don't see things the right way off top. The world needs a Magneto because the senseless racism and jealousy just for mutants existing has been there from day one..before Magneto started his crusade. Magneto worked with humans to catch Nazi War criminals at first but they turned on him to work those wanted Nazis just to get an upper hand on the Russians..killed Magneto's Brazilian doctor/lover Isabelle to prove they are just like the common white man of the WW 2 era were expected to act. Called him a mutie aka n1gger and tried to kill him but paid for that arrogance with their lives. Ever since, Magneto has never trusted humans and he was right.

Magneto fights because history has proven they will try to contain something naturally superior to them. He's been a full fledged X Man and it still cost Xavier, Synch, Moira...all of their lives.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
U don't see things the right way off top. The world needs a Magneto because the senseless racism and jealousy just for mutants existing has been there from day one..before Magneto started his crusade. Magneto worked with humans to catch Nazi War criminals at first but they turned on him to work those wanted Nazis just to get an upper hand on the Russians..killed Magneto's Brazilian doctor/lover Isabelle to prove they are just like the common white man of the WW 2 era were expected to act. Called him a mutie aka n1gger and tried to kill him but paid for that arrogance with their lives. Ever since, Magneto has never trusted humans and he was right.

Magneto fights because history has proven they will try to contain something naturally superior to them. He's been a full fledged X Man and it still cost Xavier, Synch, Moira...all of their lives.

Max goals have always been fukked up. He was a criminal longer than he's been a sort of mutant defender. The funny thing about never trusting humans is that it's the broad stroke that the purifiers paint from. there's gonna have to be some give. And max way doesn't allow for that. That's why short of strongarming humanity(house of x style) mutants can't win.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It was cool, Ewing needs to stick to character stuff and less Hickman lite shyt

I can't buy a book with this cover tho
425663._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

:mjpls:

Not only is she in front. They made sure Carol was extra white
2z6b2bb.png

"COLORED PPL...BEHIND ME!!!!!"

parallax

Superstar
Daps
They won't be alive to win to try Xavier's way. So that's a naive way of thinking.

They have a better shot one way than another, and max is partly responsible for the dwindling mutant numbers anyway

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, more like the last 5 with the end of AvX. Prior to that, he was that man. I loved what he evolved into, as a man with a hybrid philosophy of Mags & Xavier.

I agree. Cyclops since Morrison's run and more specifically the end of Deadly Genesis had some of the best characterization since his inception.

The ending of AvX is what hurt the character or I should say the writers trying to shoehorn him as some villain.

The x men turning their backs on him made them look like foolish hypocrites especially when they were skipping holding hands with Scarlet Witch without so much of a bat of an eyelash. The last few years bad writing hurt the character.....

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think it's backwards. She fits well in the way they are telling the story...Storm doesn't at all. In fact you have to manipulate it into some ridiculous drama to get her in so you know she doesn't fit.
The entire run of this book has been ridiculous manipulations of characters starting with the goofy shyt they did to Galactus and the entire Civil War mini that has involved and influenced this book immensely has been nothing but ridiculous as hell drama.
Adding a new member would be easy as hell to do by comparison.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Xavier tried to bang her in her teens..no..he secretly wanted to fukk her and Onslaught revealed it to Jean while she was singing Xavier's good graces to defend him..lol
It was one bizarre panel in X-Men #4 that I can only assume resulted in someone at Marvel at the time telling Stan Lee how creepy and stupid an idea it was and that he should nix it before going any further because it was never mentioned again until Onslaught got all chatty.
yg7qXaZ.png