Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
dwDd8mO.jpg

:lupe:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
No. He was the ultimate Xavier follower before 2001. Cyclops HATED Magneto in the Claremont years...when Rogue gave Magneto the benefit of a doubt in the relaunch in X Men 1 and saved her from that nuke, Cyclops automatically assumed he attacked her. I'm truth? This whole Cyclops thing was a ripoff of what they were doing with Polaris in 2003 when she heeled on everyone but still stayed with the team. Killing when got too out of line..surviving the Genoshan massacre logically changed her. But they did a huge Cyclops push after they sent her to space.
That's what made me mad about the way they made Cyclops the last few years. Cyclops hated Magneto and never trusted him but then he turns around and becomes the man he hates?!:stopitslime:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
the problem is that while charles way may never work, trying to be like max will definetely end with every mutant on earth killed. while he didnt have to be like charles, charles could have really helped him be more diplomatic. the fact that theres still derision amongst mutants to this day is telling of that, but i think a unified house appearance would have gone far. in the end though, he ended up a failed amalgam of both max and charles that most mutants shyt talk, and its depressing as hell. but honestly i feel the "cyclops was right" thing did more damage to his character than it helped

But he did unite mutantkind tho. Ever since M Day, most of the mutants came to live on Utopia. That's what made Mags fall in line. I'll find the panel this weekend, but he told X I think, that Scott did it his way and was more successful than the both of them.

That's what made me mad about the way they made Cyclops the last few years. Cyclops hated Magneto and never trusted him but then he turns around and becomes the man he hates?!:stopitslime:

He didn't necessarily become the man he hates. Magneto despises humans, sees them as inferior in every way. He strives for mutant dominance, regardless of what happens to the humans and was driven to these ideals through a lifetime of persecution. Cyke is more of a Malcolm when he started questioning Elijah Muhammad. He has no problems with humans, he only wants to ensure survival of his species. After M-Day, he handed out open invitation to all mutants, no questions asked and offered them sanctuary. He just got tired of the gov't and people showing up at their doorstep ready to annihilate them, so he said "let's go after them first." He's on his "Mutant Lives Matter" when the rest of the world don't see it that way. Hell, even when he was infected in the PF, he was still out there changing the world.

cyclops.jpg

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
The entire run of this book has been ridiculous manipulations of characters starting with the goofy shyt they did to Galactus and the entire Civil War mini that has involved and influenced this book immensely has been nothing but ridiculous as hell drama.
Adding a new member would be easy as hell to do by comparison.
Not really it isn't personal the whole book is about fixing things.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It was one bizarre panel in X-Men #4 that I can only assume resulted in someone at Marvel at the time telling Stan Lee how creepy and stupid an idea it was and that he should nix it before going any further because it was never mentioned again until Onslaught got all chatty.
yg7qXaZ.png
The thing is..it's canon and Jean was in shock in the aftermath..u know HOW Jean is. A goodie two shoe character...she could not handle him wanting to fukk her...and had no problems with him getting locked up 3 issues later..lol

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The cultural intent of the Ultimates (deliberate or not) was likely to make a team that represented the non-white male demographic.
  • So white black and latina women each with distinct backgrounds.
  • An old black man with conservative views.
  • An afrikan foreigner from a completely different cultural and religious upbringing
  • And one of the aforementioned women being LGBT

Ignoring Anti-Man, I feel if they were to ever expand the roster Ewing would probably look for an asian next or a male lgbt.

And I'd want Storm far away from that team for the same reason I want her away from Black Panther period. They aren't putting them back together and BP's growth has been stagnated b/c they wouldn't let him move on from her while she out here bein passed around between young logan, grandpa logan and forge.

Dukeof_StL

Rookie
Daps
Grew up reading comics but lost track when I left home and joined the Army. I want to get a foundation for Black Panther before the movie comes out. What's a good place to start?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The cultural intent of the Ultimates (deliberate or not) was likely to make a team that represented the non-white male demographic.
  • So white black and latina women each with distinct backgrounds.
  • An old black man with conservative views.
  • An afrikan foreigner from a completely different cultural and religious upbringing
  • And one of the aforementioned women being LGBT

Ignoring Anti-Man, I feel if they were to ever expand the roster Ewing would probably look for an asian next or a male lgbt.

And I'd want Storm far away from that team for the same reason I want her away from Black Panther period. They aren't putting them back together and BP's growth has been stagnated b/c they wouldn't let him move on from her while she out here bein passed around between young logan, grandpa logan and forge.

I think the previous Mighty Avengers had a chance to do what the Ultimates is doing, if the book ever had direction. You had street level, cosmic, youth, energetic, She-Hulk & Blade

parallax

Superstar
Daps
But he did unite mutantkind tho. Ever since M Day, most of the mutants came to live on Utopia. That's what made Mags fall in line. I'll find the panel this weekend, but he told X I think, that Scott did it his way and was more successful than the both of them.

He didn't necessarily become the man he hates. Magneto despises humans, sees them as inferior in every way. He strives for mutant dominance, regardless of what happens to the humans and was driven to these ideals through a lifetime of persecution. Cyke is more of a Malcolm when he started questioning Elijah Muhammad. He has no problems with humans, he only wants to ensure survival of his species. After M-Day, he handed out open invitation to all mutants, no questions asked and offered them sanctuary. He just got tired of the gov't and people showing up at their doorstep ready to annihilate them, so he said "let's go after them first." He's on his "Mutant Lives Matter" when the rest of the world don't see it that way. Hell, even when he was infected in the PF, he was still out there changing the world.

cyclops.jpg

except thats false. to this day people still clamor over charles and his ways, and mutants are still as divided in how they function. storm, kitty and beast would come at charles like they have scott, and mostly because hes seen as a peer rather than a leader. i think at the moment, scotts death might be the closest thing to unifying the xmen.

as for utopia and m-day, i think after letting all those kids gets killed, the feeling of unification grew. but for some reason(outside of the constant attacks of course) it didnt last.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Amazon is doing 50% off tons of DC graphic novels (digital only) right now:

Picked up a bunch that have been on my wishlist for awhile:

- Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams, Volumes 1-3
- Legends 30th Anniversary
- Superman and the Justice League, Volume 2
- Batman: Noel
- Dark Night: A True Batman story (graphic novel autobiography of Paul Dini :leon:)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
In the last issue of Civil War II, they're finally drawing Carol to look like a woman with breasts and a more feminine hairstyle.

15195949_10101113417754402_5389442510798759826_o.jpg

Kinda poetic that Stark died the same way Rhodey did at the beginning of this crossover.